Jan 15, 2017
May 01, 2017
May 07, 2017
Jun 19, 2017
How to Prepare for AMU MBA 2017
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
AMU MBA 2017 Important Instructions
- The University reserves the right not to admit any candidate to a course of study even though a notification inviting applications for admission to the same has been issued.
- The candidate shall not be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right even if he/she is otherwise eligible. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual withoutassigning any reason.
- Canvassing in any manner for securing admission shall render a candidate disqualified.
- Eligibility rules as specified for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstance. Candidate should satisfy himself/herself that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements prescribed for admission to the concerned course of study.
- A candidate shall be eligible for admission to a course of study if he/she has passed the qualifying examination and also fulfills all other eligibility requirements in terms of subjects sutudied, percentage of marks, age, etc. The percentage of marks secured by a candidate at the qualifying examination, falling short by even a decimal fraction shall not be roundede off to the next whole number. Similarly, if the age falls short or exceeds even by a single day, the candidate shall not be eligible for admission.
- Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection they will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements of concerned course of study at the time of admission.
- Physically challenged candidates are provided with a relaxation in age up to a maximum of five years in admission to courses which prescribe a maximum age limit, except for those courses where such limits are prescribed by statutory/regulatory councils governing such admissions.
- Changes, if any, made in the Admission Rules and/or in the eligibility criteria from time to time, shall be applicable to candidates seeking admission in the University even after notification.
- If a candidate submits more than one Application Form for a course of study, ALL such Application Forms of the candidate may be summarily rejected.
- Candidate should clearly specify his/her order of preference of Course/Branch/Main Subject/Stream/Specialization from among those listed under the course of study concerned. The order of preference indicated in the Application Form will not be changed.
- No request for change in address for correspondence as specified in the Application Form shall be entertained .
- The candidate must submit self attested photocopy of his/her marksheet/grate sheet of Qualifying Examination (both sides) so as to reach in the Admission Section up to 5:00 PM on or before the last date of submission of documents failing which his/her Application Form will be summarily REJECTED.
- All admissions shall be provisional.
- Selected candidates shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia.
- Candidate not reporting for admission on the stipulated date and time, shall forfeit his/her claim for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- No candidate shall be admitted unless he/she has completed all the eligibility requirements at the time of admission. Candidates awaiting results of their Supplementary / Compartmental / Improvement examination shall not be considered for admission.
- No candidate shall be allowed to take admission to the same Course / Class (or its equivalent Course) which he/she was passed earlier.
- In case any candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed for the concerned course of study applies to any course, he/she shall be doing so at his/her own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- The lists of candidates selected for admission will be displayed on the Notice Boards of the concerned Faculty / C o l l e g e / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s Office Website. The dates notified for Admission shall strictly be followed. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep himself /herself informed from Notice Board(s)/ website or through their own sources whether their names appear in the displayed lists and thereby make timely arrangements for completing the admission. The University shall not be responsible if a candidate fails to get information regarding his/her selection for admission.
- The University may issue or display `Waiting List/Chance Memo List’ in addition to the list of selected candidates. Chance Memo is not an offer of admission but is issued only in case there is likelihood of a vacancy due to any reason. Waiting List/Chance Memo list, if any, shall be displayed on the notice boards of the concerned Faculty / College / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s Office Website. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep track of all such notices.
- Any seat that remains unfilled after the completion of admissions of candidates on the select list shall be filled up by the candidate who had reported with reference to his/her Chance Memo on the specified date and time as per the Chance Memo list, if any, strictly in order of Chance Memo Number. However, if such a vacancy arises after the closing date of admissions, the vacancy shall not be filled up and the same shall remain unfilled.
- No correspondence shall be made to candidates not selected for admission and the documents / certificates shall not be returned. Similarly Processing Charges shall not be refunded.
AMU MBA FAQ
1) Tell me about AMU University?
Aligarh Muslim University MBA entrance exam commonly known as Combined Admission Test is conducted for admission to the MBA/MBA (IB)courses offered by the university. Aligarh Muslim University’s management courses are highly reputed across the country. AMU provides the students with the best of faculty, infrastructure and placement opportunities therefore a large number of students appear for AMU CAT every year throughout the country.
2) What is the medium of instruction?
3) What are the eligibility requirements for admission?
A Bachelor’s degree with minimum aggregate of 50%.
4) Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (AMU Bulletin)?
- Download Application Form from offical site.
- Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper (applying ONLINE).
- Download the appropriate Application Form from the website meant for the course for which the candidate wishes to apply and get it printed on A-4 size paper. Fill up the Application Form by following the instructions given above in CAPITAL letters using black ball point pen (applying OFFLINE).
5) What are the modes of fee submission for the exam?
Payment of Course Fee: : Rs 500/- .There are following 3 modes of payment of course Fee:
1.Bank Demand Draft
Bank Demand Draft :
Bank Draft should be drawn in favor of ‘Finance Officer, AMU, payable at Aligarh’.
Bank Challan :
- Bank Challan facilities are available through ICICI and Canara bank.
- Candidates are requested to choose ‘ICICI & Canara Bank’ from bank drop down list and enter the Challan No. in DD No. column, in case they are paying through bank Challan.
- Physically Challenged / Blind candidates need not deposit any Application Fee and may write ’0000′ in DD column.
Online Payment :
- Online payment can be done either by Net Banking, Credit Card / Debit Card.
- Candidates who use Online mode for payment and do not get link for downloading the PDF copy of the duly filled in Form, are requested to wait for its renewal which generally takes about 30 minutes.
- If it is not available even after 24-48 hrs they may contact the Admission Section, via helpdesk numbers or in person and tell their name, father name, course applied for and date of payment. If their payments are successful, the details for downloading the PDF copy of the form shall be emailed to them on the email IDs provided in the Application Form. However, candidates are requested not to take risk on the last dates and use offline mode ( DD / Challan ).
Note : Applicants of Test Courses are requested to send the printout of the duly filled in Application Form along with the relevant documents to the Deputy / Asstt. Controller, Admission Section, AMU, Aligarh only on or before the last date of submission of the Application Form.
6) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in AMU?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
7) In Which Month Conducts Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Last week of May every year.
8) What is the mode of conduction of AMU MBA Entrance Exam ?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
9) Are there any reservation of seats?
Yes. There will be 50% reservation of seats for the Muslim Candidates. Rest seats in AMU will be open for allotment to every candidate. No other reservation for admission in various courses in AMU exists for any category.
10) What is the address to send the form and DD in case of DD mode of fee remission?
The forms and DD (only in the DD mode of fee remission) are to be sent at the following address:Asstt. Controller, Admission Section,
Aligarh Muslim University,
Telephone No. : 91 – 571 – 2700935, 2700920 – Extn. ( 1161 ),
Website : www.amu.ac.in.
11) When is the last date to submit the application?
The last date to submit the application form is last week of February.
12) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in third week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the Amu website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website :-(http://www.amu.ac.in).
13) I’m pursuing my Bachelor’s degree or any Professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA etc, am I eligible to appear for AMU MBA Entrance Exam?
Yes, You are eligible to appear for AMU MBA Entrance Exam.
Note:-you have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum aggregate of 50%.
14) What kind of questions there will be in AMU MBA Entrance Exam?
There will be 200 objective type questions in the exam.
15) I have secured an eligible rank in the AMU MBA entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 49% in qualifying examination. Can I attend counselling?
No. For admission to MBA, the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination".
16) What will be the exam structure of AMU MBA Entrance Exam?
- There shall be a Combined Admission Test for admission to MBA, MBA (IB) and P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance. Candidates applying for MBA can also apply for admission to MBA (IB) and P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance on the same Application Form without paying any additional Admission Test Fee.
- However, they should clearly indicate their choices, in order of preference, in the Application Form.
- There shall be one objective type paper of 200 marks comprising 200 questions on :-
2.Quantitative and Numerical Ability
3.Comprehension and Verbal Ability
4.Reasoning and Intelligence
5.Data Analysis and Interpretation.
Total Duration:- 3 Hours
17) I am a General class candidate and got less than 40% (in the range of 30-40%) in my graduation and 45% (in the range of 40-50%) in post-graduation. Am I eligible for AMU MBA entrance exams?
No,you are not allowed.
18) When are AMU MBA Entrance Exam Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
19) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Yes,Maximum Age Limit 27 years.
20) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
21) Is there a possibility of rank prediction, cutoff marks?
There is no way for rank prediction unless the university declares the final cut off along with the ranks/marks. Every year, according to the marks scored by candidates, the cutoff varies and thus it is very difficult to predict.
22) What are the Courses/specializations offered at AMU ?
AMU offers following Major Courses/ Specializations*:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- PG Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- PG Diploma in Personnel Management
23) What should be the duration of study needed to get surely selected. Is self preparation enough or does one need extra classes, to clear the exam?
It is a common sight of many students joining coaching centers. More than the time spent in preparing, one has to put in quality effort to get sure shot success. At the same time, self preparation is much sufficient but that doesn't mean going to the extra classes is wrong. It is always good to attend coaching classes where the students are provided with materials, question papers, mock tests, etc. All these enhance the overall speed and helps in time management. For any entrance exam, steady preparation for a year along with sound classroom knowledge is more than sufficient to clear the exam.
24) What does the selection process comprises of?
AMU MBA Selection Procedure
Through Admission Test. Admission shall be offered through Counselling. The Total Merit will have the following components :
- Written Test : 200 Marks
- Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion : 50 Marks
Note : Candidates shall be called for Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion on the basis of the performance in the written test. For the candidates who qualify written test, physical presence in the Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion is compulsory to become eligible for selection.
25) Are there separate cut off marks for separate parts/papers?
No. There are no separate cutoff marks for separate parts/papers. The university considers only the overall marks and then prepares a list of ranking accordingly.
26) If I do not get selected, will all my efforts go in vain?
"Success is the sum of small efforts put in day in and day out". Therefore, if one does not clear AMU Exam, all the efforts that they have put in for years will definitely not go in vain as it will bring fruits at the right time and at the right place, in the future.
27) Is there caste-wise cutoff marks in AMU Exam?
No.There is no caste-wise cutoff marks in AMU like other competitive examinations. Cutoff is only based on the marks scored in the exam and the ranking thus obtained. The 12th board examination marks are also considered. Apart from this, there are no other criteria under which the cutoff marks are derived.
28) For how long do the AMU MBA Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
AMU MBA Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
29) What about Placement facilities in Aligarh Muslim University?
The AMU TPO (Training and Placement Office) undertakes and supervises AMU MBA placements. Some of the companies that have visited in the past are Siemens India Limited, TCS, Accenture, L & T, Sterlite Industries, NEC, HCL, Erudite Engineer Pvt. Ltd., Computer Science Corporation, NDPL, TCL, Hughes Systiques India Pvt. Ltd., Boodai Trading Corporation, TCE, Volvo India, Alstom Project India Limited, Lurgi India Co. Pvt. Ltd., Secure Meters Ltd., Tractebel India Limited, Saipem Triune, Voltas Limited, Tega Industries Ltd., Sasken Communications, Adobe India Limited, DRDO, Tejas Networks Limited.