Mar 13, 2016
Apr 09, 2016
Apr 24, 2016
How to Prepare for AAEEE (B.E.) 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
AAEEE (B.E.) 2016 Important Instructions
AAEEE (B.E.) FAQ
1) What is AAEEE ?
All India Avinashilingam Engineering Entrance Exam (AAEEE) is conducted by Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore for taking admission to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering, Food Processing & Preservation Technology, Printing Technology, Civil Engineering programs for this session .
2) How to apply for AAEEE ?
Candidates can obtain the application forms in person at the office of the Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore.
3) How can we pay the application fee for AAEEE ?
Application fee can be paid by cash in person or by DD payable at Coimbatore in favor of "The Registrar, Avinashilingam Institute for home Science and Higher Education for Women".
4) What is Online examination (CBT Mode) ?
It is a Computer based test which will be conducted online using the Local Area Network (LAN) to make this safe, secure and un-interrupted.
5) What computer knowledge is required to appear for Online examination (CBT Mode) ?
The candidate needs to know only how to operate a computer mouse. That is all required.
6) What will be the medium of Online examination ?
The medium of examination is English and Hindi both. You can also switch medium as many times as you want during the examination as every question will appear both in English and Hindi.
7) Can I get a examination center of my choice ?
You can opt for a city of your choice as per the list of online exam cities at the time of filling application form only.
8) How secure is the Online examination ?
It is very secure as human intervention is minimal.
9) How can I practice for Online examination ?
You can practice free of cost through a web-based mock test which will be available on CBSE website soon. This will give you an actual idea of the format of Online Exam (Computer Based Test I.e.CBT mode).
10) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of Avinashilingam University.
11) What will happen in case there is some problem in computer during the examination ?
There will be enough buffer systems available in the examination center to take care of such problems and time lost in the change of system will be duly taken care as each and every second will be recorded by the server.
12) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
13) If I have selected medium of question paper as English but want to see question in Hindi for more clarity or vice-a-versa, is this possible ?
Yes, you can easily do with the click of computer mouse.
14) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
15) What are the eligibility criteria for AAEEE ?
Candidates should have a pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Maths and any one of Chemistry/Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject (40% marks in case of reserved category).
16) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
17) I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for JMI(B.E).?
Candidates can write JMI (B.E) with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 10+2.However, they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Pharm program. They will not be eligible for any other first-degree program of the institute.
18) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for AAEEE (B.E)?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for AAEEEI (B.E).
19) I had appeared in AAEEE (B.E)-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in AAEEE (B.E)?
Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions, you can apply again for AAEE (B.E).
20) What is the age limit for AAEEE ?
Candidates born on or after 01 July 1995 only are eligible.
21) What is the nature of AAEEE ?
- AAEEE entrance exam comprises of objective type multiple choice questions.
- The questions will be based on the syllabus of Class XII.
- AAEEE entrance exam will have questions from the subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Every correct response given by the candidates is awarded by 1 mark.
There will be negative marking system where 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer given by the candidate.
22) How am I Eligible for admission to B.E. programmes after 12th?
The B.E. programs are the 4-year program after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
23) For how long do the AAEE(B.E) Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
AAEE(B.E) Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
24) Is AAEE(B.E)result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
25) What are the Courses/specializations offered at Avinashilingam University ?
Various B.E courses that are offered by the colleges under AAEEE are:--
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) (Four-year course)
- B.E. Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E. Food Processing and Preservation Technology
- B.E. Printing Technology
- B.E. Information Technology
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Civil Engineering.
26) Do all students get hostel facilities?
Hostel accommodation with all facilities is available to the students.
27) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
The eligible SC/ST,Person with Disability(PwD) students should submit their schoolarship form for the academic year by February for processing schoolarship to SC/St,PwD each year.
28) What are the placement status?
The Placement Cell organizes industry - institution interface
- To educate the students about the emerging trends in technologies and the needs of various industies like Food Processing, Medical Equipment Manufacturing, Printing, Electrical and Electronics, Software and Civil Engineering.
- Offer guidance and counseling for higher studies.
- Provide guidance for preparing aptitude tests, interviews etc.
- Provide assistance to students for getting projects from companies for industrial training.
- To organize frequent interviews for students to get placed in reputed companies.
29) Is it a co-educational institution?
No, it is only for girls.
30) How far are the hostels from the institute buildings?
On the campus. Walking distance.
31) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to: The Controller of Examinations, AVINASHILINGAM INSTITUTE FOR HOME SCIENCE AND HIGHER EDUCATION FOR WOMEN,METTUPALAYAM ROAD,BHARATHI PARK ROAD,COIMBATORE -641 043. Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.
32) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.