Feb 19, 2017
May 01, 2017
May 07, 2017
Jun 26, 2017
How to Prepare for AP ECET 2017
Preparation Strategy -
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
AP ECET 2017 Important Instructions
1) Candidates who wish to apply for APECET are requested to fill the particulars carefully in Online Application. The required information should be collected from the relevant documents.
2) All the candidates have to come to the Examination hall with a printout of Online submitted application. The candidate has to affix the passport size photograph (should be same as that of uploaded) duly signed by Gazetted Officer.
3) Candidates are not admitted to the Examination after 10.00 A.M. and not permitted to leave the hall before 1.00 P.M.
4) It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that they are answering the correct Question Booklet of the branch for which they are eligible for admission.
5) The Question booklet code, Hall Ticket Number and other details must be entered correctly and properly on the OMR Answer Sheet, in the Test. Otherwise ranks declared, if any will be cancelled subsequently in such cases.
6) Candidates must return both Question Paper Booklet Acknowledgement slip and OMR Answer Sheet after the test.
AP ECET FAQ
1) What is the AP ECET [B.Tech Lateral Entry]?
AP ECET stands for Engineering Common Entrance Test for Bachelor of Engineering graduates with Mathematics as a one of the group subjects. This is an common entrance test for admission into second year of regular under graduation professional courses like engineering (BE/ B.Tech) and B.Pharmacy in the AICTE or PCI approved affiliated institutes of universities including aided or unaided, government and private across the Andhra Pradesh state. And 1st year admission directly into the universities main campus.
2) Is Andhra University NAAC accredited?
The National Assessment and Accreditation Committee (NAAC) has awarded Andhra University an A-Grade with 3.6 score. AU stands second after Jadavpur University amongst state universities and fourth among all universities in the country with JNU and HCU leading the pack. This is the third consecutive time that AU has received -Grade. On the whole, seven criteria were taken into consideration for the grading. However, it must be pointed out that AU's score did slip a notch in terms of points as it had previously scored 3.65 out of 4.
3) Who conducting this test? And why?
Presently this test is being conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK) on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE), Hyderabad. APSCHE is the higher education council that participate in various professional courses matters and conduct entrance tests for that courses in Andhra Pradesh state with the help of concerned universities.
This test is conducting because to give opportunity to all candidates to get admission directly into second year of engineering or bachelor of pharmacy courses after appearing valuable diploma courses successfully.
4) I haven’t found the answer to my question in the FAQ’s, what should I do?
You are advised to go through ALL details thoroughly on the official APICET website http://www.apicet.net.in. Still if you do not find an answer to your question contact the APICET office.
You can also send an e-mail to the Convener.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at Phone : 0891 - 2579797 .
5) How can I apply?
The registration process for various entrance tests including AP ECET made online by APSCHE since last academic year. So now you can apply for this test from official website of AP ECET.
6) What is online registration? And why?
Online registration is a process to fill up and submit candidate his/her application form online by accessing it after paying fee from any above given ways. This application form available on official website only in secured mode. So candidates who didn’t paid fee they can’t open application anyway.
The online registration system is introduced mainly for applications to be available to everyone, completing registration process quickly and easily in time without sending application specially to AP ECET convener like old, saving time, avoiding fake and unwanted applications, refining submitted applications quickly, security reasons, has many advantages and for many other reasons they started and running online registrations.
7) What is the eligibility criteria for APECET ?
Diploma in Engineering and Technology Degree with Minimum percentage requirement is 45% for general candidates. Students belonging to SC/ST category must have scored 40%.
NOTE: Candidate who is pursuing diploma courses are also eligible provided they have completed their practical training for a diploma in the relevant stream.They should belong to Andhra Pradesh and meet local/non-local status requirements.
8) How can I access and submit application online?
After paying fee using any mode that you trust next log on to official portal and click Apply Online button and then enter your payment details for verification. If you provided all details correctly then next your application form will be displayed on your screen. Now fill that form with required details and submit it by clicking Submit button.
9) How To Download My Seat Allotment Order?
The provisional seat allotment order of candidates can be downloaded from official website after web counseling option entry.
10) When will the AEICET results be declared?
Results will be available on the website Last week of June .
11) I have passed B.Sc (Mathematics). Can I take the AP ECET Entrance Examination in Engineering or Pharmacy branch?
No. Not permitted. Candidates should have appeared and qualified at the AP ECET Entrance Examination in B.Sc (Mathematics) stream only.
12) I have passed diploma in Pharmacy branch. Can I take the AP ECET Entrance Examination in Bio – Technology branch?
Yes. You can. Please refer to Home Page / Eligibility / ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATE TO APPEAR FOR VARIOUS BRANCHES IN AP-ECET.
13) What is the scheme of test for AP ECET examination?
- The entrance test is of three hours duration and question paper consists of total 200 questions as per scheme of entrance.
- All questions will be objective type (Multiple choices only).
- Each question carries one mark.
- Timings of test are 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
14) What should I do with the “Submitted Application Form”?
After successful submission of your online application form you should have to take printout of that application to keep and preserve carefully. And then next do not forget to Affix the recent color passport size photograph of you and attestation by Gazetted Officer on the Filled In and printed Online Application Form. Because, It is mandatory to submit the copy of the Application Form with photograph and attestation on it to the invigilator in examination hall. If you forget to take printed app with attached photo and attested gazetted sign to the exam hall then You will not be ALLOWED to take the exam.
15) What are the mandatory details for filling Online Application Form?
DOCUMENTS TO BE REFFERRED
TS Online/AP Online/e-Seva/Citizen Services Center Transaction Id.Transaction Id. (If payment is being made through TS Online/AP Online/e-Seva/Citizen Services Center) Credit or Debit card details (If payments being made through Credit/Debit card)
Receipt from AP Online Center
Branch / Discipline to write AP ECET –Entrance
Eligibility Criteria in the APECET website tsecet.in
Local Status (OU/ Non-local)
The local candidate certificate issued by MRO or
Date of Birth
Birth Certificate / SSC or Equivalent Certificate
Hall Ticket Number of SSC or Equivalent Examination Certificate
SSC or Equivalent Certificate
Income of Parents (Income less than Rs. 2.0 lakhs or more than Rs. 2.0 lakhs)
The Income certificate issued by MRO /
Qualifying Examination appeared or passed Hall ticket Number of the Qualifying Examination
Marks Memo / Hall Ticket Number of Qualifying Examination.
The Caste Certificate issued by the MRO/
Special Category (NCC, PH, Sports, CAP, etc.)
The Certificate issued by Competent Authority
16) How to download hall ticket?
The AP ECET hall ticket of any candidate for this test will be available online only in the given time period. So candidates can download their hall tickets from website by providing registration number and other details for attending to the test.
17) Should I upload any certificates?
No, you do not have to upload any certificates. However, if you belong to SC / ST category, then you need to bring a photocopy copy of the Caste Certificate duly attested to the examination hall along with a copy of filled in application form and hand it over to the invigilator.
18) Should I upload my photograph and signature?
Yes, you need to upload the Photo (size < 40KB) and Signature (size < 20KB) as and when prompted by the system.
19) Can I be allotted the same Regional Center opted by me? How do I know to which Test Center I am allotted?
Generally, you will be allotted the same Regional Centre opted by you. The Test Center will be known to you only at the time of downloading your Hall Ticket from TS-ECET – website.
20) What is the examination pattern of APECET ?
There are 4 sections-
- Mathematics- 50 Questions/ 50 Marks
- Physics -25 Questions/ 25 Marks
- Chemistry -25 Questions /Marks
NOTE: Above 3 sections common for all branches
Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/ Electronics & Communications/computer Science/ Chemical/Metallurgical Mining/Electronics & Instrumentation/ Ceramic Technology/ Biotechnology as the case may be)-100 Separate Question Paper for Each branch of engineering.
21) What is the minimum percentage required in qualifying exam for this test?
Every candidate who wish to apply for this test they should need to have minimum 45% of marks in their qualifying examination like diploma or degree and 40% of marks in case of reserved categories like SC & ST.
22) For how long is the APECET score valid?
The APECET score is valid for just one year.
23) Is it possible to get seat in second year of B.Pharmacy or B.Tech without this test?
No, you can’t get admission into second year of any above mentioned courses in Andhra Pradesh without writing this test anyway.
24) I have passed diploma with EIE branch. Can I take AP ECET Entrance Examination in ECE branch?
Yes. Please refer to Home Page / Eligibility / ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATE TO APPEAR FOR VARIOUS BRANCHES IN AP ECET.
25) I have passed diploma with EEE branch. Can I take AP ECET–Entrance Examination in CSE branch?
No. Not permitted. But you will be given two ranks if you get qualified in AP -ECET Entrance Examination.
(i) Respective Branch Rank - based on this admission will be given
in EEE branch.
(ii) Integrated Rank – based on this admission into B.E / B.Tech programs
will be given in CSE/IT branch.
26) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
27) Is it possible to reprint filled in and submitted application form?
Yes, there is also this kind of option available on official site. So you can view and reprint your submitted online application form by providing required details.
28) I forgot my ECET registration number how to get it back?
You can recover your forgotten online application registration number that you obtained after registration by providing some required details of you in the recovery form offered on official site. If you don't have required details then you may need to contact nearest Regional Center Coordinator/ AP ECET office. For more details follow below given post.
29) I am an OBC category candidate. Should I also enclose the category certificate?
OBC candidates need not submit any certificates. Only SC / ST category students have to submit their Caste Certificate duly attested along with the Filled-in Application Form to the Invigilator in the Examination hall during the ECET test. However, ALL students have to produce the Category Certificates at the time of admission.
30) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking .
31) Is APECET result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
32) How to download rank card?
The rank card for this test is also be accessed by candidates after the test in the online mode only. So you can download your rank card from official portal in the PDF document by providing related details in the specified boxes.
33) What is counseling and web counseling?
The counseling is a process to verify original documents and details of qualified candidates to confirm that he/she has is genuine and not a fake. And web counseling is a online process to select candidates their desired institutes after certificate verification.
34) Who eligible to attend counseling?
Those candidates who successfully qualified APECET and get good merit rank they all can attend for certificate verification at nearest counseling center with required documents and printout of rank card, hall ticket downloaded from website.
35) What is Allotment Order?
Allotment order is a admission letter that contains all admission details about candidate who obtained a seat through AP ECET. To join into concerned college the candidate must have to submit printout of this receipt to the college management.