Mar 19, 2016
May 01, 2016
May 30, 2016
How to Prepare for ATIT 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
ATIT 2016 Important Instructions
1) What is ATIT ?
Admission Test for ICFAI Tech (ATIT) is a national level entrance exam, which is conducted by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad for taking admission to B.Tech program offered at Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) .
2) What is the legal status of the IFHE, Hyderabad?
The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE) is Declared as Deemed to be University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
3) Are the degrees issued by the IFHE, Hyderabad recognized by UGC?
Yes, the degrees issued by the IFHE, Hyderabad are recognized by UGC.
4) Are the programs of the IFHE, Hyderabad recognized by AICTE?
As per the AICTE Act, Universities, do not need approvals from AICTE. Only affiliated colleges of Universities need AICTE approval.
5) What is the examination date for ATIT ?
ATIT offline test will be held on first week of May and online test will be held first week of May to second week of May.
6) How to apply for ATIT ?
Candidates can apply online or by filling the OMR application form(offline).
7) Where is the ATIT conducted?
For admission into B.Tech. Programs, ATIT is conducted at various campuses of ICFAI. These campuses are located at Jaipur, Hyderabad, Tripura, Raipur, Jharkhand and Dehradun and Himachal Pradesh.
8) What is the procedure to apply for ATIT?
Candidates may apply online for ATIT by any of the following methods:
Online Application Form: The application forms are available at website . The candidate can fill up the application form online and make a payment of Rs 700/- towards the cost using visa or master card or Citibank card. The candidates have to attach their scanned colored photograph with the application. The application material is then sent to the applicant.
Downloaded Application Form: he applicant may download the application form from the website . The duly filled application form may be then sent to the Admissions Officer along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 700 towards the cost. The DD is drawn in favor of “IFHE A/c ATIT” payable at Hyderabad. The application material is then sent to the applicant.
9) When are the application forms for ATIT issued?
The application forms for ATIT- ADMISSION TEST FOR ICFAI TECH are issued in the month of March or April.
10) What is the application fee for ATIT ?
Application fee for ATIT is Rs.700/-.
11) How can we pay the application fee for ATIT ?
Candidates can pay the application fee via credit/debit card (visa/master card/internet banking) or through DD drawn in favor of “IFHE - A/c ATIT Prospectus Fee” payable at Hyderabad.
12) When is the last date for receipt of OMR/ online application form for ATIT ?
Last date for receipt of completed OMR/ online application form is second week of April.
13) When is the ATIT conducted?
The ATIT is conducted mostly in the month of May.
14) Is the efficiency in Computer skills required by the candidate to appear for ATIT online exam?
No, the computer experience or typing skills are not a pre-requisite for a candidate to appear for ATIT online exam.
15) What is the correspondence to submit the application form?
The duly filled application form may be submitted to the
Admission Officer (B.Tech. Program),
ATIT Office, # 65, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta,
Hyderabad - 500082.
Phone No. 040-23440966/67/68.
16) What are the eligibility criteria for ATIT ?
- Students securing 60% aggregate in class X and class XII or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English as subjects are eligible to apply.
- Final year students of class XII or its equivalent awaiting examination Results may also apply.
17) I am currently in Class XII. Can I apply for admission into the B.Tech / BBA / BBA-LL.B / BA-LL.B Programs?
Yes, such applicants can apply for the respective program. They will be given provisional admission till they produce their proof of eligibility. The selected applicants must complete all the requirements of their qualifying examination including viva-voce, if any, before the registration into the program of IUD. The last date for producing the proof of having passed the qualifying examination is September 15. In the event of the student not satisfying the eligibility criteria by September 15, , his / her provisional admission would stand cancelled and 50% of the program fee and the caution deposit will be refunded, subject to clearance of all dues and University regulations.
18) What is the nature of ATIT ?
- It is in Computer Based Test (CBT) format.
- The test is of 2 hours duration and is conducted in 2-3 sessions per day at test centers all over India.
- It is in Paper Based Test (PBT) format.
- The test is of 2 hours duration.
- The answers have to be marked in the specially designed OMR answer sheet which will be provided at the time of the admission test.
19) What is the admission procedure for candidates seeking admission in B.Tech. program in ICFAI based on JEE (Main)/ State level / Other National level Engineering Entrance Tests?
The candidates seeking admission in B.Tech. Program in ICFAI based on JEE (Main)/ State level/ Other National level Engineering Entrance Tests are admitted into the institute on the basis of their respective scores in the exam. The candidate can apply through both ATTT and other tests’ score if appeared for both, as it enhances the chances of getting admission. The candidate should clearly mention their respective test Application Number in OMR Application form. The attested photocopy of their respective score card is to be enclosed along with the Application Form.
20) What is the paper pattern of ATIT?
Online and Offline tests consist of objective type questions with multiple choice format. There are 30 questions for each of the subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. The candidate’s ability is tested for the prescribed subjects according to the 10+ 2 standards.
21) What are the things to be brought to the exam centre by the candidate?
Candidate must bring the following things to the exam center:
- Admit Card
- Identification:- Candidate should possess an original photo identification to appear for the exam. The name on the Identity proof should match with the name as entered for ATIT registration. The photo identification could be a voter ID , Aadhar Card or a Passport. The identity proof should be an original, not a photocopy.
22) What are the admission criteria after appearing for ATIT?
A candidate is admitted for the course depending upon the scores secured in ATIT or JEE Main or state level or any other National level exam. The admission is given on the verification from original documents by the Admission Committee.
23) When are the results of ATIT are declared?
The results of ATIT are declared generally in the month of May or June.
24) For how long is the ATIT B.Tech score valid?
The ATIT score is valid for just one year.
25) What are the specializations offered at ICFAI Foundation in B.Tech ?
- B.Tech.(Civil Engineering)
- B.Tech.(Computer Science & Engineering)
- B.Tech.(Electronics & Communications Engineering)
- B.Tech.(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- B.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering).
26) What are the documents required to be submitted at the time of Admission?
The selected candidate has to submit the attested copies of the qualifying exam(10+2) certificate, Class X and Class XII mark sheets, Birth Certificate, Transfer/Migration Certificate by the given date at IFHE, Hyderabad along with the respective original certificates for verification.
27) What is the Selection Procedure for Admission?
- The process of selecting international applicants is on a rolling basis until one month before the commencement of the program. In this process, profile of candidates will be assessed as and when the applications are submitted. Candidates are assessed on the basis of their intellectual readiness (academics) and also on emotional readiness. Emotional readiness includes work experience, extra curricular activities and aptitude for and befitting the institution’s mission of value based leadership.
- The benefit of this process is that students will not have to wait for a long time after applying. Hence, we request the candidates to apply as soon as they are ready. This would help accelerate the entire selection process.
28) Does IFHE provide any Scholarship for students pursuing the B.Tech?
IFHE provides Scholarship for students pursuing the B.Tech. Program. The scholarships are given to the candidates based on their performance in Class XII, or the ranks scored in either of the ATIT exam or JEE (Main)/ State level/ Other National level Engineering Entrance Tests.
The Scholarships are also given on the basis of the candidate’s semester wise performance during the B.Tech. Program. Up to 10% of the students may be awarded with the merit scholarships depending upon the individual’s semester wise performance in addition to the scholarships based on the past educational record.
29) How is the Engineering Branch allotted to the candidate?
The candidate has to indicate 5 preferences of the Branch of Engineering in the Application form. The Branch of engineering is allotted on the basis of candidate’s performance in ATIT/JEE (Main)/ State level / Other National level Engineering Entrance Tests and availability of the seats according to the preference mentioned by the candidate in the application form. The applicants are intimated about their admission and the allotted branch through selection letters by the Admissions Committee.
30) Is the B.Tech. course offered by ICFAI approved by UGC?
ICFAI is a Deemed University declared by Ministry of HRD. The B.Tech course offered by ICFAI is approved by UGC.
31) Where are the campuses for B.Tech Programs of ICFAI?
The ICFAI campuses for B.Tech. Program is located at Dehradun, Jaipur, Himachal Pradesh, Tripura, Jharkhand, Raipur and Hyderabad. They offer eight semester Full time course for B.Tech. Program which is completely campus based.
32) When do the classes for the B.Tech. first semester begin?
The commencement of classes for first semester for B.Tech. program takes place in the month of August.
33) Does the ICFAI Group has academic collaborations with International schools?
The ICFAI is a part of MoU- Memorandum of Understanding with International Schools and primary Institutions across the world. The group provides a good opportunity for students for higher learning and individual growth.
34) What is the age limit for ATIT ?
The applicant should fulfill the minimum age requirements as prescribed by the respective Board through which the applicant has appeared for the qualifying examination.