Feb 04, 2016
Apr 01, 2016
May 08, 2016
Jun 01, 2016
How to Prepare for AUAT B.Tech 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Try and finish all the topics in the next two-three months. Thereafter, do not touch any new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
Focus on JEEMAINS and BITSAT past papers also.
Prepare your vocabulary well. Spend some time on reading English newspaper, magazine and books. This will improve your reading skill, vocabulary as well as knowledge of the Current events. Revise your grammar skill also.
AUAT B.Tech 2016 Important Instructions
1. Bring the following documents while reporting to the Test Centre:
- Admit Card.
- Your latest coloured passport size photograph should be pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for.
- Photo identity as specified in the How to Register for AUAT B.Tech 'C’ point
- Blue/Black ballpoint pen.
2. Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in calculators/ memory or any electronics gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall.
3. Occupy the seat allotted to you by verifying the SEAT NUMBER pasted on the desk and indicated in your Admit Card.
4. The Test Invigilator will check your Admit Card and ID proof.
5. The Test Booklet will be distributed just before the starting time of the Test. The candidate must ensure that the booklet is sealed. If the seal is found broken or tampered with, please bring this matter to the notice of the invigilator immediately.
6. The Test Invigilator will instruct you to open the seals of the Test Booklet and commence answering the test.
7. Check immediately that all the pages of the booklet are in order. In the rare event of the Test Booklet being defective, bring it to the notice of the invigilator immediately who will arrange for the replacement of Test Booklet if required Duration of the test is 120 minutes. The candidate may attempt any section in any order.
8. The candidate will not be allowed to leave the hall till the test is over and until the Invigilator has collected the answer OMR sheet and Question Booklet. The candidate will be allowed to leave the hall only after the answer OMR sheets and Question.
9. Booklet of all the candidates in the hall have been collected and accounted for.
10. Candidates found using any unfair means will forfeit their chance of being considered for admission and will be debarred from receiving scores.
AUAT B.Tech FAQ
1) Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech is conducted by whom?
Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) is an Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech entrance exam for getting admission in various undergraduate programmes. This entrance test is conducted by Aliah University, located in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal. Aliah University offers admission into B.Tech courses candidates those qualified in the exam will get admission into one of these courses based on the rank in the counseling procedure.
2) Is the university B.Tech Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE?
Two hundred twenty nine year old educational and cultural institution, Calcutta Madrasah, popularly known as Madrasahe
Aliah, has been upgraded to Calcutta Madrasah College and
then Aliah University by virtue of Aliah University Act XXVII of 2007 passed by West Bengal State Legislative Assembly and declared as a minority institution vide G.O. No. 1465 –MD /07 dated 12-10-2007 and approved by UGC.This is the first educational institution set up in India in 1780 by Warren Hastings, the then Governor General of East India Company.
3) What are the various Eligibility Norms of the Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech Program?
- Candidate must have taken Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry having at least 100 Marks in total in each in the final examination of the 10+2 pattern.
- Candidate must have to secure at least 60% overall in Physics,Chemistry, and Mathematics took together in 12th level.
- Candidates who are appearing 12th Board examination in 2016, may also apply, who has secured 50% Marks in aggregate in Madhyamik/equivalent exam. However, their admission will be cancelled if they fail to secure the above-mentioned criteria.
4) How can I register for Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech examination?
Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech . Applicants must check the Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech Important Dates . Aspirants can register for the test till last week of May (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after AUAT Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
5) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
AUAT Registration Fee has two criteria that is:-
- For Male- Rs 500
- For Female – Rs 300
6) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in AUAT?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
7) I have secured an eligible rank in the AMU MBA entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 49% in qualifying examination. Can I attend counselling?
No. For admission to B.Tech, the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination".
8) Which modes the payment can be done?
- The application fee through on line payment mode (Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking), Demand Draft (DD) Make sure you have the Card details or Demand Draft ready before starting the application process .
- The Candidate who wants to pay through Demand Draft must purchase the Demand Draft in Favour of “The Registrar, Aliah University” Payable at Kolkata. Submission of confirmation sheet along with documents is Mandatory for all Candidates may submit it by post/in person to University office address the Chairman, AUAT-2014, Aliah University, DN-18, Salt Lake, Sector-V, Kolkata-91 .
9) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of May. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on first week of May.
10) What will be the medium of examination?
Medium of examination is English.
11) When are AUAT B.Tech Results Out?
Results will be available on the website 1 Week after taking the test.
12) What are the Courses offered at AUAT in B.Tech ?
AUAT B.Tech offers following Major Courses/ Specializations*:
1. Civil Engineering (CEN)
2. Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
3. Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
4. Electrical Engineering (EEN)
5. Mechanical Engineering (MEN).
13) I am a General class candidate and got less than 40% (in the range of 30-40%) in my graduation and 45% (in the range of 40-50%) in post-graduation. Am I eligible for AUAT B.Tech entrance exams?
No,you are not allowed.
14) What will be the exam structure of AUAT B.Tech ?
The paper of Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) B.Tech examination is of two-hour duration (100 marks in total) for all programmes:
Part – A (25 Marks) on English, Islamic Studies, and General Knowledge (in the ratio of approximately 2:2:1).
Part-B (75 Marks) for all A 01 programmes will comprise of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. (in the equal ratio, i.e. 1:1:1).
Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of written examination (100 marks) only.
Test Duration- 2 Hours
15) What is the mode of conduction of AUAT (B.Tech) Exam?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
16) Whom do I contact for AUAT Test details?
New Town Campus
II A/27, New Town,
Kolkata-700 156, India
Phone no. 91-33-2706-4042
17) What are the reservation policies of AUAT?
% of Reservation
Physically Challenged (PC) Candidates
Candidates from outside West Bengal
Candidates from foreign Countries
Limited number of seats
Candidates shortlisted through WBJEE/JEE (Main)
18) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test centre.
19) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not allowed.
20) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted at 27 cities. The list of AUAT test centres can be obtained using the link given below:-(http://www.aliah.ac.in/).
21) What does the selection process comprises of?
Ranking, E-counselling and Admission A list of Successful candidates appearing different programmes of AUAT will be displayed separately on the University website : www.aliah.ac.in on the basis of scores in the written test. Separate list of successful candidates will also be prepared for the Physically Challenged ( PC ) candidates and Other state ( OS ) candidates. Admission to different programmes will be made through online counselling according to the rank in the merit list. A rank card, containing all relevant information regarding counselling, will be provided to all successful candidates at the time of publication of result of AUAT.
22) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the last week of April (onwards). You will have to log onto the AUAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website :-(http://www.aliah.ac.in/).
23) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No , you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
24) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Maximum age limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2016.
25) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through On line.
26) What is the fee structure for the programs at AUAT B.Tech?
Annual Fee Rs. 10050/-p.a
27) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on Aliah University website :-(http://www.aliah.ac.in/).
28) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking.
29) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
30) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
31) Do all students get hostel facilities?
The hostel is located 17, Haji Md. Mohsin Square, Kolkata-700016. Sixty percent of its berths are reserved for the accommodation of Aliah University students studying in Islamic Theology and Mumtazul Muhaddethin (M. M.). Students are admitted in the hostel strictly on merit basis and on production of documentary evidence of their permanent residence.
32) Is AUATB.Tech Admission Test result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.