May 07, 2016
Jun 19, 2016
Jul 15, 2016
How to Prepare for AUEEE 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
AUEEE 2016 Important Instructions
1) What is AUEEE?
AUEEE is ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM conducted at Undergraduate level by Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu. It is conducted for the selection of eligible candidates for engineering degree courses. The engineering courses offered are of four years that comprise of eight semesters.
2) What is AUEEE conducted for?
AUEEE is conducted for the candidates seeking admission into Engineering and B.Sc. (Agriculture) and B.Sc. (Horticulture) programs of the Annamalai University.
3) When is the AUEEE conducted?
AUEEE is conducted mostly in the month of June every year.
4) Where is the AUEEE conducted?
Annamalai University Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted in almost all the major cities of Tamil Nadu and some major cities of India.
5) What is the mode in which the AUEEE is conducted?
AUEEE is conducted in offline mode.
6) Who can appear for AUEEE?
AUEEE entrance exam can be taken by the candidates from Tamil Nadu and they should satisfy the domicile requirements as mentioned by the Annamalai University.
7) What is the cost of application form for AUEEE?
The cost of application form for AUEEE is approximately Rs 800/- for general category and Rs. 400/- for SC/SCA/ST Candidates to Tamil Nadu.
8) What is the procedure to obtain the application forms for AUEEE?
The application forms for AUEEE are available mostly during May at Annamalai Cash counter. The form can also be obtained from Annamalai University by post by sending a Demand Draft and a request for the application form. The forms may also be downloaded from the Annamalai University Website . The duly filled application form may then be posted to the University official address before final date of submission.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of June (onwards). You will have to log onto the AUEEE website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
10) What are the enclosures to be sent with the filled application form?
The enclosures to be sent with the duly filled application form are:
Demand Draft, drawn from Scheduled bank , in favor of “The Registrar, Annamalai University”, for Rs 800/- as registration Fee
Photocopy of :-
a) 10 th/ Equivalent Mark sheet
b) Mark sheet of Higher Secondary or qualifying Examination
c) Transfer Certificate
d) Conduct Certificate
The duly filled in application form may be sent to :-
Tamil Nadu- 608 002
11) Is it possible to change exam centre after submitting the application?
No,you are not allowed.
12) When will the Hall Ticket be generated?
Hall Ticket will be generated once the slot selection process is over.
13) What are the eligibility criteria for AUEEE?
Candidates who are appearing for Higher Secondary or its equivalent qualifying examination or who have already passed Higher Secondary or its equivalent are eligible for appearing into AUEEE. The candidate should have scored a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks scored in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics combined.
14) What is the duration for AUEEE?
The duration for AUEEE is 2 hours.
15) What is the pattern for AUEEE question papers?
AUEEE question paper consists of 200 objective type questions. The paper has to be completed within 120 minutes of duration of the test paper. The correct answer has to be marked in the OMR sheet provided. The candidate scores 1 mark for every correct answer and one mark is deducted for every wrong answer. The question paper consists of the core subjects, i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
16) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
No,There is no upper or lower age limit.
17) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
18) What is the syllabus of AUEEE?
The AUEEE questions are based on the syllabus and textbooks prescribed for the second year of Higher Secondary academic course of Tamilnadu.
19) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in AUEEE?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
20) I am a General class candidate and got less than 40% (in the range of 30-40%) in my Senior secondary . Am I eligible for AUEEE B.E entrance exams?
No,you are not allowed.
21) When are AUEEE B.E Entrance Exam Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
22) For how long do the AUEEE B.E Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
AUEEE B.E Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
23) Is there a possibility of rank prediction, cutoff marks?
There is no way for rank prediction unless the university declares the final cut off along with the ranks/marks. Every year, according to the marks scored by candidates, the cutoff varies and thus it is very difficult to predict.
24) What are the Engineering courses offered at Annamalai University?
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology , known as FEAT, offers nine departments of Engineering courses at Annamalai University. These are :-
- Civil Engineering
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering.
25) How are the admissions allotted to the candidates?
Admission to the Annamalai University programs are allotted to the candidates according to the marks obtained in the relevant subjects in the Higher Secondary or Qualifying exam with the weightage of marks 200 (based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200: Mathematics – 100 and Physics and Chemistry- 100) and in the entrance examination with a weightage of 100 marks. A merit list is prepared on the basis of a total of 200 marks. In case two or more students score same marks, then the merit among such students is determined in the given order of priority:
- Marks percentage in Mathematics
- Marks percentage in Physics
- Marks percentage in fourth optional subject
- Date of birth of the candidate, here the elder candidate is given the preference
- Random number assigned, here the higher value is given the preference.
26) What are the Domicile requirements for appearing into AUEEE?
The Domicile requirements for appearing into AUEEE are:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
- The candidate passing their VIII, IX, X, XI,XII Std in Tamilnadu are eligible to appear for AUEEE.
- The Tamilnadu native candidates, passing any of the VIII, IX, X, XI, XII Std or their equivalent examination outside Tamilnadu are eligible.
- Children of Central Government employees may apply for admission through AUEEE if their parents or guardians have been serving in Tamilnadu continuously for past five years.
27) What is the counseling procedure for admission to the Annamalai University in engineering programs?
The candidates are called for counseling according to the merit of the candidate. The admission to a particular course depends upon the availability of seats in a branch. Separate counseling is held for the candidates not belonging to Tamilnadu and is conducted only after the counseling for Tamilnadu state candidates is over. The counseling schedule is provided on the official website of the university.
28) When was the Annamalai University established?
The Annamalai University was established in the year 1929. The Faculty of Engineering and Technology, also known as FEAT, was established in the year 1945.
29) What are the other faculties that the Annamalai University is associated?
The Annamalai University is associated with various faculties such as Arts, Education, Medicine, Engineering and Technology, Agriculture and Fine Arts.
30) Are there any other programs offered in the Engineering department at Annamalai University?
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology, known as FEAT, offers Bachelor degree as well as Master and Doctoral programs. It also offers Diploma and Certificate programs in selected fields.
31) Is the University involved in the training and placement of the candidates passing out of the University?
The University has a separate Training and Placement cell for faculty of Engineering and Technology. The cell has eminent features:
- It arranges In-Plant training for students
- It arranges placements of the pre final students through campus interviews
- The cell also supports abroad placements
- The cell arranges the training programs on soft skills for the students.
32) Does Annamalai University offer Hostel Accommodation?
Annamalai University offers an adequate hostel facility within the campus.