Apr 03, 2016
May 01, 2016
May 08, 2016
May 22, 2016
How to Prepare for AUEET 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
AUEET 2016 Important Instructions
1. Candidates are advised to come to the examination hall at least half-an hour before the commencement of the Test.
2. Candidates will not be allowed into the examination hall without hall-ticket and / or after the commencement of the Test. They will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the stipulated time.
3. Calculators, pagers, cellular phones, books, papers, logarithm tables, slide-rule or any other calculating aids are NOT ALLOWED into the examination hall.
4. Candidates should answer on the candidate’s specific (with candidate name, Hall Ticket Number and Photo) OMR ANSWER SHEET only.
5. The Chief Superintendent of the test centre can take disciplinary action on candidates involved in indiscipline, malpractice, impersonation, etc., and the answer scripts of such candidates will not be valued.
1. As per the UGC guidelines all Candidates admitted into the various courses of study are required to put in a minimum of 75% of class room attendance. Candidates not securing a minimum of 75% attendance should repeat the course. The name of a student who continuously remains absent for a period of 10 days from the date of admission without valid reason and intimation to the concerned Head of the department shall be removed from the rolls.
2. Candidates admitted into full-time (day) courses should not undertake any assignment / employment or study any other course simultaneously (except evening diploma course where he/ she has to get no objection certificate) and any violation leads to cancellation of admission.
3. Payment of residential scholarships in respect of eligible students of all categories is conditional on their putting a minimum attendance of 75% in the college in each quarter. If the candidate puts in less than 75% of attendance for valid reasons, he/she shall be paid scholarship in proportion to the attendance. Those who are absent themselves without valid reasons will not be paid any scholarship.
4. Examinations shall be conducted at the end of each Semester. No supplementary examination will be conducted.
5.RAGGING in any form by any student will make him/her liable for expulsion/punishment as per A.P. Ragging Act 26 of 1997 and subsequent Supreme Court verdict.
6. Only limited Hostel accommodation is available. Hostel admission is subject to the rules in force from time to time. Candidates under self-finance category will be considered for hostel accommodation subject to availability of seats only after accommodating students under regular category.
1) What is AUEET ?
Andhra University Engineering Entrance Test (AUEET) is conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam for taking admission to 6 years integrated dual degree Bachelor of Technology + Master of Technology (B.Tech + M.Tech) offered in various disciplines and twinning programs such as Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Air craft Engineering & B.Tech in Electro-Mechanical/ Chemical/ Electronics Engineering offered at University Engineering College .
2) What is the eligibility criteria for AUEET ?
Candidates should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with minimum 50% marks.
3) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in AMU?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
4) Is Andhra University NAAC accredited?
The National Assessment and Accreditation Committee (NAAC) has awarded Andhra University an A-Grade with 3.6 score. AU stands second after Jadavpur University amongst state universities and fourth among all universities in the country with JNU and HCU leading the pack. This is the third consecutive time that AU has received -Grade. On the whole, seven criteria were taken into consideration for the grading. However, it must be pointed out that AU's score did slip a notch in terms of points as it had previously scored 3.65 out of 4.
5) How to apply for AUEET ?
- Candidates are encouraged to apply online.
- Candidate has to pay Rs.1000/(plus bank charges applicable for the mode of payment selected) as registration and application processing fee (and late fee if applicable) by opting any of the following modes of payments:
- Andhra bank / State Bank of India challan
- debit / credit card / net banking.
6) Is there any application fee for AUEET ?
Yes. Candidate has to pay Rs.1000/(plus bank charges applicable for the mode of payment selected) as registration and application processing fee (and late fee if applicable) by opting any of the following modes of payments:
(a)Andhra bank/ State Bank of India challan
(b) debit / credit card / net banking.
7) What is the scheme of test for AP ECET examination?
- The Andhra University Engineering Entrance Exam for B.Tech+ M.Tech test paper consists of 3 parts, each part contains multiple choice questions (MCQ's).
- AUEET paper consists of 100 questions which are in three parts.
Part A - Mathematics - 40 questions
Part B - Physics- 30 questions
Part C - Chemistry- 30 question
8) How can I access and submit application online?
After paying fee using any mode that you trust next log on to official portal and click Apply Online button and then enter your payment details for verification. If you provided all details correctly then next your application form will be displayed on your screen. Now fill that form with required details and submit it by clicking Submit button.
9) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
Andhra University Engineering Entrance Test is going to be conducted at Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Kakinada. It’d be essentially required to put Centre code and name by candidates during application procedure. Request for making change in the exam centre will not be entertained.
10) I haven’t found the answer to my question in the FAQ’s, what should I do?
You are advised to go through ALL details thoroughly on the official APICET website http://www.apicet.net.in. Still if you do not find an answer to your question contact the APICET office. You can also send an e-mail to the Convener.email@example.com or contact at Phone : 0891 - 2579797 .
11) What are the Courses/specializations offered at Andhra university ?
- B.Tech+M.Tech. Computer Science & Software Engg.
- B.Tech+M.Tech. Computer Science & Net Working.
- B.Tech+M.Tech. Electrical &Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech+M.Tech. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech+M.Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech+M.Tech. Electronics & Communications Engg
- B.Tech+M.Tech. Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech+M.Tech. Instrumentation Technology
- B.Engg. Aircraft Engineering
- B.Tech. Electro Mechanical/ Chemical / Electronics Engineering.
12) When will the AUEET results be declared?
Results will be available on the website Last week of June .
13) What should I do with the “Submitted Application Form”?
After successful submission of your online application form you should have to take printout of that application to keep and preserve carefully. And then next do not forget to Affix the recent color passport size photograph of you and attestation by Gazetted Officer on the Filled In and printed Online Application Form. Because, It is mandatory to submit the copy of the Application Form with photograph and attestation on it to the invigilator in examination hall. If you forget to take printed app with attached photo and attested gazetted sign to the exam hall then You will not be ALLOWED to take the exam.
14) How to download hall ticket?
The AUEET hall ticket of any candidate for this test will be available online only in the given time period. So candidates can download their hall tickets from website by providing registration number and other details for attending to the test.
15) What is the structure of AUEET ?
- The test paper consists of 3 parts.
- Each part contains 30 multiple choice questions.
- Candidates must answer all questions in each part.
16) What is the minimum percentage required in qualifying exam for this test?
Every candidate who wish to apply for this test they should need to have minimum 50% of marks in their qualifying examination like diploma or degree and 45% of marks in case of reserved categories like SC & ST.
17) Is it possible to reprint filled in and submitted application form?
Yes, there is also this kind of option available on official site. So you can view and reprint your submitted online application form by providing required details.
18) Is AUEET result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
19) Should I upload any certificates?
No, you do not have to upload any certificates. However, if you belong to SC / ST category, then you need to bring a photocopy copy of the Caste Certificate duly attested to the examination hall along with a copy of filled in application form and hand it over to the invigilator.
20) Should I upload my photograph and signature?
Yes, you need to upload the Photo (size < 40KB) and Signature (size < 20KB) as and when prompted by the system.
21) Can I be allotted the same Regional Center opted by me? How do I know to which Test Center I am allotted?
Generally, you will be allotted the same Regional Centre opted by you. The Test Center will be known to you only at the time of downloading your Hall Ticket from AUEET – website.
22) I am an OBC category candidate. Should I also enclose the category certificate?
OBC candidates need not submit any certificates. Only SC / ST category students have to submit their Caste Certificate duly attested along with the Filled-in Application Form to the Invigilator in the Examination hall during the AUEET test. However, ALL students have to produce the Category Certificates at the time of admission.
23) I forgot my AUEET registration number how to get it back?
You can recover your forgotten online application registration number that you obtained after registration by providing some required details of you in the recovery form offered on official site. If you don't have required details then you may need to contact nearest Regional Center Coordinator/ AUEET office.
24) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
25) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking .
26) How to download rank card?
The rank card for this test is also be accessed by candidates after the test in the online mode only. So you can download your rank card from official portal in the PDF document by providing related details in the specified boxes.
27) For how long is the AUEET score valid?
The AUEET score is valid for just one year.
28) What is the Rank Declaration Method follwed by Andhra university?
a)Test-wise Rank will be provided to candidates according to their marks secured in the test.
b)In such cases where two candidates have secured similar marks, rank will be decided based on their performance in Part A of the test, then Part B. If the tie still continues then rank will be decided based on Date of Birth of candidates. In case of Date of Birth, older candidates will be given more preferences.
c)Rank list will be downloaded from the official portal link of the concerned authority.
29) What does the selection process comprises of?
Admission procedure will completely rely on AUEET rank. Certificate verification is also a crucial part of admission procedure where candidates will have to produce following list of documents:
1)Original certificate of Intermediate class;
2)Rank card and Hall ticket of AUEET 2016;
3)Certificate proving your age (You may submit Matriculation/SSC or its equivalent certificate);
4)Mark sheets of the qualifying exam;
6)Residence certificate or Study certificate for the last seven years;
7)Integrated Community Certificate for BC/SC/ST/EBC/Minority category candidates issued by competent authority;
8)Four recently taken passport size photograph;
9)Income certificate if you are claiming for fee concession, it should be issued by M.R.O/Thasildar.
10)Relevant certificate in case you’re claiming for admission under NCC/Sports/PH/CAP quota.
11)Service certificate and Discharge certificate of parent needs to be submitted by a child of armed person.
12)Candidates also need to produce one set of photocopies for all above specified certificates.
*After completion of admission procedure, original certificates will be returned to candidates.
30) What are the Rules for Cancellation of Seats?
If an individual wants to cancel his/her allotted seat and claimed for the same before completion of first stage then 90% of the total amount will be refunded. After completion of the second stage, only 80% refund will be made by the respective authority.