Mar 05, 2017
May 29, 2017
Jun 03, 2017
Jun 25, 2017
How to Prepare for BUAT 2017
- It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
- It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
- It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
- Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
- Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
- Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
- Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
- So focus on basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
- Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many a exam has reasoning questions with double wieghtage. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
- Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learnt during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections, because most competitive exams have similar syllabus.
- While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
- However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
- For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
- In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
- Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
- Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
- In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
- 1. Who is who
- 2. What is what
- 3. Science scan
- 4. Human body
- 5. Computers
- 6. Landmarks of history
- 7. The Universe.
BUAT 2017 Important Instructions
- Academic activity of the students will be strictly guided by the Academic rules and decisions taken by Academic Bodies from time to time.
- Admission to Banasthali shall be open to women only.
- Admission of married students shall not be possible in any other courses except to the postgraduate courses. In post-graduate courses too, on very special circumstances only, the married students will be provided admission. After being admitted to a courses, if a student gets married before attaining the age of 18 years, her admission shall be canceled from the Vidyapith.
- Admission will be open to all women irrespective of their race, religion, caste, colour or domicile.
- Every student seeking admission to Banasthali shall submit an application on the prescribed form and pay the requisite fee by the prescribed date.
- Under extra ordinary circumstances the Vice Chancellor, with the approval of the President can relax any condition except the minimum eligibility, but all such cases will have to be placed before the Executive Council for concurrence.
Note- A limited number of seats are available for Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI sponsored candidates. Admissions against these seats are based directly upon the merit and the applicants do not have to appear in the Aptitude Test. The minimum eligibility for Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI sponsored candidates is 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
The following documents are required for admission against Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI sponsored seats :
- Original Certificate/Marksheet of the qualifying examination
- Attested photo copies of the passport and Visa of the applicant/guardian.
- Foreign Bank Account Number or NRI Account Number of the applicant/guardian.
- Declaration regarding Non-Resident Indian status of the applicant /guardian.
- Once student is admitted in a programme as a Foreign National & NRI/NRI sponsore student then she will remain in this category for the full duration of the programme. University decision regarding a Foreign National & NRI/NRI sponsored admission will be final and will have to be adhered to by the applicant.
Re-admission : If a student is separated from Banasthali University or Shri Shantabai Shiksha Kutir and in the event the University decides to readmit her, admission fee of Rs. 5000/- shall be payable. The admission of a student shall be automatically cancelled due to unauthorized absence of three days or more.
1) How does one apply?
- The admission forms are normally available in the month of February onwards.
- The admission advertisements appear in the National and Regional Newspapers where all the details are given.
- You could get the form by sending Rs. 800/- by demand draft to The Secretary, Banasthali Vidyapith or paying cash Rs. 800/- in person and send the duely filled form by the Last Date given in the Admission Notice.
- For details please see the ADMISSION link of the website.
2) On whose name the payments are to be made?
The payments are not accepted by cheque. The draft can be drawn on any bank in favour of "Banasthali Vidyapith" payable at Banasthali Vidyapith.
3) Is Banasthali only for women?
Banasthali University is only for women providing education from Nursery to Ph. D. level.
4) Who conducts Banasthali University Aptitude Test For MBA?
Banasthali University Aptitude Test For MBA is conducted by the Banasthali University.
5) In Which Month Conducts Banasthali University Aptitude Test For MBA Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the last week of May/first week of June every year.
6) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability in Banasthali University Aptitude Test For MBA?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
7) What will happen in case there is some problem in computer during the for Banasthali University Aptitude Test For MBA?
There will be enough buffer systems available in the examination center to take care of such problems and time lost in change of system will be duly taken care of as each and every second will be recorded by the server.
8) In case of problem in computer etc will there be somebody to assist in Banasthali University Aptitude Test For MBA?
Yes, technically qualified people will be available at the centre.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the last week of may (onwards). You will have to log onto the Banasthali University website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from official website
10) What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of Banasthali University Aptitude Test For MBA exam form ?
The candidate must have: Hard copy of the filled-in form. Fee receipt detail Auto generated ID and Password.
11) What is the medium of instruction?
Medium of instruction in school education is mainly Hindi. In Higher Education both English and Hindi are used as medium of instruction.
12) What is the eligiblity criteria for Banasthali University Aptitude Test For MBA?
A Bachelor degree recognized by Association of Indian Universities with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. The Minimum Eligibility for appearing in the Aptitude Test for students passing the qualifying examination from Banasthali University will be 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
13) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
14) Will there be any negative marking?
No.There is no negative marking.
15) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
16) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Banasthali University Aptitude Test MBA?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
17) Are there any breaks during the test?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
18) When will the Banasthali University Aptitude Test -MBA results be declared?
Results will be available on the website last week of JUNE .
19) For how long is the Banasthali University Aptitude Test -MBA score valid?
The Banasthali University Aptitude Test -MBA score is valid for just one year.
20) Is Banasthali University Aptitude Test -MBA result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
21) What are the specializations offered at Banasthali University in MBA ?
Following are the Specialization
- FINANCE & BANKING
- MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- RETAIL MANAGEMENT
- AVIATION MANAGEMENT
22) Is Banasthali Vidyapith residential?
It is a fully residential institution. The admission in hostel starts from class IV onwards.
23) Does Banasthali offer distance learning program?
Banasthali Vidyapith does not offer any program under distance learning.
24) Does Banasthali Vidyapith has any other campus?
The Banasthali Vidyapith presently not offering any other campus.
25) Does Banasthali Vidyapith provide Scholarship?
Yes, there are many schemes helping students financially such as scholarships, for details please see Financial Assistance.
26) Can I study courses in Dance/Horse Riding/Gliding & Flying?
Yes, you can if only you are a full time student of a regular course of Banasthali Vidyapith. All part time courses are open only to full time students of Banasthali Vidyapith.
27) Does Banasthali have a placement cell?
Yes, Banasthali Vidyapith regularly attracts top Indian and multinational companies’ specially in the field of IT, Management, Biotechnology, Textile Design and has a record of almost 100% placement.
28) How can I learn Fresco?
The Fresco camp is arranged for all the artists (male/female) in summer vacation (May/June). For details please contact Dean, Fine Arts.