Apr 03, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
May 19, 2017
How to Prepare for BCAT - MBA 2017
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many a exam has reasoning questions with double wieghtage. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learnt during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections, because most competitive exams have similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
Who is who
What is what
Landmarks of history
BCAT - MBA 2017 Important Instructions
1. In order to prove identity, candidate should produce any of the following with photocopy of the same while appearing for BCAT :
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- ID Card issued by the school last attended
- Driving License (Learner license will not be acceped)
- Any other authentic document which proves identity.
2. Candidates are required to be present in the Test Centre 30 minutes before the starting time of the Test as specified in the hall ticket and occupy their allotted seats 25 minutes before the commencement of the examination. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination without producing the Hall Ticket. A seat with registration number will be allotted to each candidate. Candidates must find out and occupy their allotted seats. If a candidate is found appearing in the Test from a seat or room other than the allotted one to him / her, his / her candidature shall be cancelled.
3. No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall 30 minutes after the commencement of the Examination.
4. Candidates must bring black ball point pen, HB pencils, pencil sharpener and eraser.
5. Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written bits of paper, Mathematical and Physical Tables, Electronic Gadgets like Calculator, Cell phone, etc. into the examination hall.
6. For working purpose, a maximum of three paper sheets will be provided to the candidate during the examination. All rough work will need to be worked in these sheets of paper and no additional material will be given for rough work. The used rough sheets to be returned to the invigilators before leaving the examination hall after completion of the test.
7. Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
8. Any malpractice or attempt to commit malpractice in the examination hall or any violation of the rules will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
9. The test administrator is authorized to dismiss canditates from the test session for any of the following reasons:
(a) Creating disturbance.
(b) Attempting to take the test on behalf of someone else.
(c) Talking to other test taker/s.
(d) Attempting to tamper with the computer system – either hardware or software.
(e) If found with calculators, slide rules, pagers, cell phones, concealed microphones, wireless devices or any other material that may aid in answering questions.
BCAT - MBA FAQ
1) What is Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA examination ?
Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA is an examination conducted by Bharath University, to invite admissions into Engineering courses. The qualified students through this common entrance examination will be given admissions in this University.
2) Who is the Conducting body for Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA ?
Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA conducting body is Bharth Institutae of Higher Education and Research (BIHER).
3) How can I apply for Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA ?
There are 3 modes of Registration:
1.Online with e-payment
Visit website www.bharathuniv.ac.in and apply online
2.Online with Demand Draft
Download the application form from the website www.bharathuniv.ac.in
The downloaded PDF application form has to be filled and couriered along with DD for Rs 900/- drawn in favor of Bharath University payable at Chennai either to University (or) to the Corporate Office.
Note:- This has to reach us before the last date specified.Candidates should Write their name and address on the reverse of DD.your application will be processed only upon receipt of the DD.
Candidates can obtain the application form in person from BHARATH UNIVERSITY Campus or Corporate Office on payment of Rs 500/-.
4) How can I confirm that my BCAT registration form is duly submitted ?
You will receive a unique ID after making payment and successful submission of registration form on your registered mail id. Those who submit offline registration form with demand draft will also receive the unique ID on their registered mail id.
5) In Which Month Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA Conducts Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the last week of April every year.
6) What are the entrance test centres for Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA ?
The test will be conducted at 17 states. The list test centres given below:-(https://www.bharathuniv.ac.in/admission/downloads/informationbrochure-2016.pdf)
7) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the third week of April (onwards). You will have to log onto the BCAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from official website .
8) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card ?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
9) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA Application form in ?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
10) What is the eligiblity criteria for Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA?
Any Undergraduate with first class or 60% marks or equivalent.
11) What is the examination pattern of Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA?
The Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA is Multiple Choice Question type paper, exam pattern consists of mainly four sections which will test the candidates’ abilities on various parameters.
The four sections are as follows
- Analytical Writing Assessment
- Integrated Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
- Verbal Ability
12) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
13) Will there be any negative marking?
No,there is no negative marking.
14) I am a defense service personnel. Can my child get a seat under DS category in Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA ?
Not all defense service personnels' children are eligible for DS category seats. DS category seats are earmarked for children of defence / paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations.
15) When will the Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA results be declared ?
Results will be available on the website Last week of April .Please refer university official website for final result announcement date.
16) For how long is the Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA score valid ?
The Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA score is valid for just one year.
17) Is Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
18) What are the specializations offered at Bharath University in MBA ?
Master Business Administration (MBA) Specializations offered:-
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Banking and Insurance Management
- International Business Management
- Hospital and Health Care Management
- Nutrition and Health Care Management
- Education Management
- Media and Entertainment Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Business Analytics.
19) What is the fee structure for the programs at Bharath University in MBA
Bharath University in MBA Annual Fee is 1,00,000/- 2 years .
20) Is the University NAAC accredited ?
Bharath University, also known as Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) and Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST), is a Deemed University and an Indian institute of higher education in Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu, India. It is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with the highest grade of A.
21) What is the Procedure of Bharath Common Admission Test (BCAT)- MBA Counselling Process ?
Admission to this program will be on the basis of performance in Bharath common admission test (BCAT) conducted by BHIER. However candidates with valid score in GMAT,CAT,MAT,TANCET,XAT,CMAT also can apply and will be considered for admission.Merit list will be prepared,candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal interview and Selection will be made.
22) What are the placement status?
At Bharath University they make an extra effort to ensure that their students will be ‘industry-ready’ and employable by the time they have finished their course here. From the placement division, students will receive:
- Career guidance and counseling on the options open to them based on their field of study.
- Students can take advantage of their language lab to improve their communication skills.Interview training, including mock interviews to give them an extra edge.
- Guest lecturers from HR professionals, seminars and industrial visits to familiarize them with the working environment.
The placement cell works throughout the year, to attract employees from all over the nation.
- Shriram Group
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- BSS Boston Software Solutions
- UBE Industries Limited
23) Do all students get hostel facilities?
The college has separate hostels for men and women. The hostel can accommodate around 400 boys and 200 girls. Comfortable single, double and triple bed rooms are available in the hostel. Tasty and nutritious food is served in the dining hall. You can opt for either vegetarian or non-vegetarian food. Foreign students can order food according to their preference. Cable television and Telephone facilities are also available.
24) Is there any transport facility provided ?
The college operates buses for comfortable transportation of students and staff. College buses ply from various points in the city such as Anna Nagar, Triplicane, Adayar and Tambaram for the benefit of the students. Besides, the college campuses are easily accessible by public transportation systems.