Dec 06, 2016
Apr 20, 2017
May 14, 2017
Jul 01, 2017
How to Prepare for BITSAT 2017
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Try and finish all the topics in the next two-three months. Thereafter, do not touch any new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on JEEMAINS quant syllabus. Apart from Physics, Chemistry and Maths there are some aptitude questions form Logical reasoning and Verbal ability.
Logical reasoning is comparatively easier than Quant and Data Interpretation in the exam. We can expect a similar pattern in the exam 2016. Questions in LR can range from Decision Making to Verbal Logic.
Verbal ability section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. There’s no different strategy for VA section. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy for this exam while preparing for verbal sections, because all sections are equally important.
BITSAT 2017 Important Instructions
The tests are generated from a large question bank and different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc. In this matter, the decision of the expert committee will be final and binding on the candidate. ii. The test assumes that the candidate has basic familiarity with computers, keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the Institute cannot take responsibility for the same. iii. The Institute is planning to operate test centers in different cities other than Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS as previously stated. The final list of centers and actual days of operation will be announced to candidates through the BITS website www.bitsadmission.com . The Institute cannot guarantee that test X centers will be set up in all these cities. Further, the Institute reserves the right to cancel any test center if such a situation arises. In such cases, those candidates allotted to these centers will be accommodated in alternate test centers including Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS. iv. While BITSAT-2016 tests are scheduled to be held during the period 14th May –28th May 2016, some of the test centers may operate only for a limited duration during this period depending on the number of applications received. The final list of the centers will be announced at BITS website after all the applications are received. v. The preferences that you give are only indicative and are to guide the Institute for deciding the number of centers. The Institute cannot guarantee that you will get your first preference. Further, if the Institute is unable to allot any center of your choice, you will be allotted a center either at Pilani or at Goa or at Hyderabad campuses of BITS. The exact center where you will be appearing for the test will be announced at BITS website www.bitsadmission.com . However, the Institute will try its best to accommodate all female candidates at their first preference of test centers. vi. Candidates who are allotted test centers in Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses of BITS may be given accommodation on nominal charges in hostels. vii. The candidate must fully obey the rules of the test centers; otherwise he/she will be automatically debarred from the test. viii. A candidate can apply online only once for BITSAT-2016. However, if a candidate completes the application form along with fee but discovers any mistake in the form submitted by him/her, he/she can edit the same during March 6-7, 2016. ix. In addition to applying for and appearing in BITSAT-2016, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS as per the ‘Procedure for applying for Admission’ outlined earlier. The prescribed application form for admission will be available at the BITS website, by 20th May 2016, for those who appear in BITSAT-2016. The completed form with the required application fee has to be submitted so as to reach the Admissions Office on or before 5.00 PM on 30th June 2016. x. All information and communications regarding BITSAT-2016 and Admission to BITS are made available to the registered candidates on the BITS website www.bitsadmission.com. Candidates are advised to view the BITS website regularly for all related information on BITSAT and BITS Admissions. xi. In all matters in the conduct of BITSAT-2016, the decision of the Vice Chancellor of BITS will be final xii. All disputes pertaining to BITSAT-2016 shall fall within the jurisdiction of Pilani only.
1) What is BITSAT?
BITSAT is a computer based online test. It is conducted for admission into Integrated First Degree Programs of BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science).
2) Where are the campuses of BITS Located?
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) campuses are located at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
3) What is the application procedure for BITSAT?
- Only the applicants who meet the eligibility criteria can fill the online BITSAT Application form.
- To fill the online Application form, an applicant must register their full name (same as in Class 12th Mark sheet)besides other details like Date of Birth, Gender, and email id.
- After registration, the applicants have to log in to enter other necessary particulars.
- The applicants have to enter the three examination centres in order of their liking.
- Before submitting the form, two copies of the printout of the form should be taken for reference purpose.
- Same procedure is applicable for NRIs. The applicants with foreign qualifications have to provide an equivalence certificate from AIU at the time of applying for admissions later.
4) What is the eligibility criteria for BITSAT?
- Applicant must have cleared Class 12th under the 10+2 scheme of a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- Applicant must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and obtained an aggregate of 75% PCM in Class 12th with at least 60% in each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics). Applicant must be adept in English.
- Applicant who has passed Class 12th in the previous year or is appearing for Class 12th exam is the same year when BITSAT is being held is eligible to appear.
- Applicant who has reappeared in Class 12th or equivalent exam must have done so for all the prescribed subjects and only the most recent performance will be applicable for BITSAT.
- Applicant who has cleared the qualifying Exam two years before the year of the BITSAT are not eligible to apply.
- A person who is already studying at any one of the BITS campuses is not eligible to appear.
5) My subjects in Class 12th are Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Am I entitled to appear for BITSAT?
Yes, with these subjects you can appear for BITSAT; however you can apply only for B. Pharm (Hons.) course as you are not entitled for any other undergraduate course at the institute.
6) What is the mode of payment?
A candidate has to pay Rs.2200/- or 1700/- for girl candidate (Plus Bank charges applicable for the mode of payment selected) as Registration and Application Processing Fee (and late fee if applicable) by opting any of the following modes of payments: Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking.
7) What are the options to get BITSAT application form ?
BITSAT application form is accessed online only. It is not sent by post/email.
8) What is the email id of contact to BITS?
The email id for contact regarding admissions is email@example.com.
9) Is BITS UGC recognized?
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) is a deemed University that is UGC recognized and offers degree programs in Engineering, Pharmacy, Technology, Sciences, Management and Humanities.
10) Are there any seats reserved for NRIs?
No, there is no seat reserved for NRIs.
11) I am unable to access the Online application. Can you send the application form by email or post?
The application cannot be sent by email/post. If you get any specific error while applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help with details.
12) When is the BITSAT online exam conducted?
BITSAT online paper is conducted mostly in the month of May and June. BITSAT is offered over a period of time where a candidate may opt the BITSAT test center and the day and time according to one’s convenience within the allotted period. The questions in the paper are randomly generated by the computer and therefore every candidate receives a unique set of question paper.
13) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in first week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the BITS website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website :-(http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/index.aspxBITSAT).
14) What is the paper pattern of BITSAT?
The BITSAT paper consists of 150 questions. The paper consists of four parts as follows:
- Part I: Physics, with 40 questions
- Part II: Chemistry, with 40 questions
- Part III: Mathematics/ Biology with 45 questions
- Part IV: a) English Proficiency with 15 questions b) Logical Reasoning with 10 questions
15) Does BITS offer any direct admissions to the institute?
BITS offers direct and assured admissions to the candidates who have obtained first ranks in their individual board exams. The institute offers such meritorious students the program of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT score. However, the candidate should have a minimum of an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th examination. The candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
16) When are BITSAT Entrance Exam Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
17) I had already registered for BITSAT. Why should I apply again for admissions?
It is necessary to apply for admissions separately with the marks obtained in 12th exam and also giving your preferences to different degree programmes, along with the requisite application fee.
18) I want to apply for Pilani , Goa and Hyderabad campuses. Should I apply separately?
No. A single form is sufficient, where you can give your preferences to all the first degree programmes except B. Pharm. Programme for all the three campuses.
Note:-For B. Pharm. Programme you have to apply through a separate application form.
19) What is the application procedure for candidates with foreign qualifications?
There is no separate procedure for those candidates who wish to be admitted through BITSAT. They have to apply similar to Indian students and to provide an equivalence certificate from AIU at the time of applying for Admissions later.
20) What is the application procedure for NRIs?
There is no separate procedure for NRIs. However those candidates who have citizenship other than INDIA can apply under international student scheme.
21) I have not registered for BITSAT. Can I apply for admissions?
Unfortunately No. The last date for registering for BITSAT was first week of March . Except for first rank students of central/state boards in India, those who have not appeared in BITSAT cannot be considered now.
22) I have made a mistake while entering some data in my application form. How can I edit/correct it?
The link for editing the application form will be made available on the website in the first week of March and then you can edit the required fields.
23) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
24) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
25) What is the eligibility criterion for the Board toppers?
Students who secured first ranks in their respective central or state board examinations will be given direct admission under the Direct Admission Scheme regardless of their BITSAT Score. These students must present a written certificate from their respective boards authenticating their first rank standing.
26) What is the duration of BITSAT exam?
The BITSAT paper is of three hours duration and there is no time limit to attempt the individual parts of the paper.
27) For how long do the BITSAT Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
BITSAT Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
28) What are the Courses/specializations offered at Bits,Pilani ?
Various B.E courses that are offered by the colleges under BITS are -
- B.E.: Chemical
- B.E.: Civil
- B.E.: Computer Science
- B.E.: Electronics and Communications
- B.E.: Electrical and Electronics
- B.E.: Electronics & Instrumentation
- B.E.: Mechanical
- B.E.: Manufacturing
29) I have obtained 74.6% in PCM aggregate. Will you consider it as 75%?
No. BITS need a minimum of 75.00% or more in aggregate.
30) I have passed 12th in the year 2014 (or earlier). I am now doing my higher studies (B.Sc./B.E./Diploma) in another college. Can I apply for BITSAT-2017?
You are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2017.
31) How am I Eligible for admission to B.E. programmes after 12th?
The B.E. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
32) I had appeared in BITSAT-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in BITSAT-2017?
Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for BITSAT-2017.
33) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for BITSAT-2017?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for BITSAT .
34) I passed 12th in 2016. I didn't get 75% aggregate in PCM .Am I eligible if I repeat some of the subjects to get the required 75% marks?
If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM/PCB only, you are not eligible.
35) My 12th exam results are not expected before 30th June. Should I apply for BITSAT?
For admissions to I semester staring in August, you should have your result before 30th June. Keeping that in mind, you may appear in BITSAT.
36) I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for BITSAT ?
Candidates can write BITSAT with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.However they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Pharm program. They will not be eligible for any other first degree program of institute.
37) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks? .
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks
38) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate. Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
39) What is the cut off marks required in BITSAT-2016 to qualify for admissions?
It is not possible to predict the cut-off scores till all applications are received. The cut-off scores for I Semester is available in website (http://bitsadmission.com/). This is given only as information and the cutoff for First semester will depend on the number of applications and the seats available.
40) What are the tuition and other fees and expenses?
The fee details for 2017-18 are yet to be finalized. The details will be available at BITS website by March.
41) What is life at BITS like?
Sprawled across lush land, BITS campuses are equipped with most magnificent facilities, departments and clubs to provide an ambience for education and growth of an individual.
42) Do you have Hostel Facility for students within the campus?
Separate Hostel facilities are provided for both boys and girls within the campus. The accommodation is suitably equipped to provide a safe and secure living environment. Each Hostel is provided with a resident warden and other essential staff. The entire campus is Wi-Fi supported and provided with Gymnasium, Sports facilities (both indoor and outdoor), First-Aid, Mini-Mart etc.
43) Is there a room sharing given to the students?
The hostel rooms are fully air-conditioned and every student is provided with a single occupancy furnished room consisting of a bed, cupboard and study table.
44) Is there any dress code for the College?
All the students are expected to be decently dressed in smart casuals.
45) Is there a clinic on the campus?
A Clinic is provided on the ground floor of the academic block with a 24/7 paramedic facility. A vehicle is available for the clinic for transporting students to the hospital in cases of emergency.
46) What are the contact details for admission into BITS?
BITS has its main campus at Pilani, Rajasthan, India. Later on the BITS started its two new campuses at Goa and Hyderabad. The contact address is
BITS, Pilani-333 031,
Contact No.: 01596-242205, 515294/330