May 08, 2016
Jul 10, 2016
Jul 17, 2016
Jul 31, 2016
How to Prepare for CENTAC MBA 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test .You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
CENTAC MBA 2016 Important Instructions
Candidates applying for the courses should submit separate applications for each stream with necessary Xerox copies of the certificates.
Application fees should be paid only through on-line (Credit cards/Debit cards/NEFT). No, another option is provided. Payment details will be provided in the CENTAC website www.centaconline.in
Candidates are asked to submit the latest/updated certificates, particularly the Residence and Community certificates.
Certificates once submitted are the final and further changes/modification would not be entertained.
Candidates having the Permanent Integrated Certificate (PIC) should update their certificate from the Revenue authorities at the time of submission of the filled applications, if not it will be rejected.
Special categories like Freedom fighter (FF) and Wards of Ex(service man)/Physically challenged (PH) should produce the latest certificate from the concerned authorities. For example, FF from Freedom fighters cell, Ex-service man certificate from Sainik Welfare board and PH certificate from the Medical Superintendent, Government of General Hospital.
Options once exercised with regard to course/community/region/special category shall not be changed under any circumstances.
CENTAC MBA FAQ
1) Tell me something about Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry?
CENTAC MBA Entrance Exam Centralised Admission Committee Master of Business Administration Entrance Test acronym as CENTAC MBA ET is conducted for taking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program for Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC) and government quota seats in the self-financing colleges in the Union Territory (UT), Puducherry.
2) How do I get the application form for admission?
- Candidates can obtain the application form from the official website .
- Application forms and information brochure can be obtained from PEC Credit Society, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry-605014, in person on payment of Rs. 1000/- (for SC/ST candidates Rs. 500/-).
3) Which modes the payment can be done ?
The Application forms can also be obtained by sending a request to the Convenor, CENTAC-PG, Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry-605014, by post along with two self-addressed slips (neatly typed or hand written) and a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (Rs.1000/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage).
- This amount is Rs.565/- for SC/ST Candidates – (Rs.500/- towards the cost of application and Rs.65/- for postage)], drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Pondicherry Payment by postal orders, cheques and money orders will not be accepted.
- The application forms can also be downloaded and can be submitted along with crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (Rs.500- for SC/ST candidates), which must be drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG payable at Pondicherry
- All filled-in application forms must be sent in the prescribed envelope, along with all necessary enclosures to “The Convenor, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC-MBA), Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry-605014″, so as to reach latest by the 3rd of July 2015 before 05.00 pm.
- The candidates willing to submit their filled-in applications in person are requested to submit the same to the CENTAC-MBA Cell (Department of Mechanical Engineering), Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry 605014.
4) Can I fill out the application with my initial or nickname ?
- You need to register your names and/or initials as mentioned in your graduation certificate only. No other names/initials would be accepted.
- Any other names/initials differing from graduation certificates should be accompanied by gazette notification for name change.
Those applying to the Bachelor’s course should ensure that they register their names and/or initials as mentioned in +2 or equivalent educational certificate.
5) What are the documents required ?
Here’s a list of documents you will need to submit:
- Scanned copy of all academic marks card and certificates**
b. 12th (10+2) marks sheet
c. Graduation or Diploma or Lateral entry to Engineering, etc*
- (File size for each certificate NOT to exceed 4MB)
- A digital signature. Sign on a blank white sheet, scan and upload scanned copy. (File size NOT to exceed 1MB)
- One colour passport-size (2 inch x 2 inch or 51mm x 51mm) photograph scanned (Maximum file size – 1MB). DO NOT sign across the photograph. Please ensure that it is a recent, high resolution photograph of you.
- ID proof (any of the following) — Passport/PAN Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/Voter ID. (File size NOT to exceed 4MB).
- Note: File format – .jpeg.
- Foreign Degree holders refer to this question
- Not applicable for students applying for Under Graduate programmes Online application form help details, can also be found here.
6) Is it necessary for me to apply online?
Yes, applying online is mandatory and the first step towards your enrollment. You are required to fill out all the fields in the application form. In case, any compulsory field is Not Applicable to you, please type out N/A in that field.
7) Do I need to print out the online application form and certificates ?
No, you do not need to print out the online application or scanned copy of your mark sheets/certificates/ID-proofs . You need to upload the required documents, these will be cross-checked at our end. A hard-copy will be maintained at the University Office.
Note: Incomplete/Not Eligible applications will be rejected, in such an event, the admissions team will inform you about the rejection. Admission is subject to submitting all the required documents as per the defined eligibility criteria.
8) Can I make a payment online ?
No, you cannot make a payment online.
9) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of July(onwards). You will have to log onto the CENTAC website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
10) How can I check if my online application has been received ?
You can find out whether the online components of your application have been received by visiting the Dashboard of the online application center. This page will indicate the status of your application. An email notification will also be sent to you within two weeks of submitting your application (or earlier if your application is sent at least one week before the application deadline). It will inform you as to whether your file is complete or if any components of your application are missing. It is therefore important that you check your email account regularly after the application deadline. Due to European Data Protection laws and our own confidentiality policy, our MBA Office is regrettably unable to give out any information over the phone about applications.
11) Does the exam take place online or do I need to go to an exam center ?
Exam takes place at a University designated exam center around the country. You can find the current list of exam centers. We offer different streams in Online MBA here. The format of the exam is subjective.
12) Can I switch exam center?
You are required to select an exam center at the time of filling out the online application. Switching Exam Centers is generally not permitted. Special cases are considered only on genuine grounds, but before the Exam Wing finalizes the Exam Centers lists. Thereafter no change would be permitted whatsoever. However, should you decide to change the exam center after you have submitted the online application, you need to place a special request with you can reach out to our student support team, who will guide you with the exam center switch process, if permitted by the Exam Wing.
13) What is the mode of conduction of Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry ?
Online or Computer based exam.
14) What are the eligibility criteria for MBA admission ?
- Aspiring candidates should possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks (45% for candidates belonging to the reserved category) in the same.
- Candidates who have appeared for their final semester graduation exams and awaiting results can also apply for the programme.
15) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
16) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
17) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
18) When are Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
19) When will I get the Score card ?
The candidates will receive the score card in last week of July.
20) For how long is the Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry score valid?
The Centralised Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test, Puducherry score is valid for just one year.
21) Will the results be available online?
Yes, result will be available online from official website.
22) What is the fee structure and/or are there any installments?
The number of questions in each section are as follow –
The fee for a 2-year MBA programme is Rs. 45,500.
The fee can be paid semester-wise, below is the fee payment schedule:
- Semester 1: Rs. 15,500 (including 5,500 towards Books and admission fee)
- Semester 2- Rs. 10,000
- Semester 3- Rs. 10,000
- Semester 4- Rs. 10,000
The fee for a 1-year PGD programme is Rs. 23,500.
The fee can be paid semester-wise, below is the fee payment schedule:
- Semester 1: Rs. 13,500 (inclusive of registration fee, tuition fee and books)
- Semester 2- Rs. 10,000
23) Is there any scholarship or discount?
No special scholarships or discounts are available to students.
24) I am not sure which specialization is best for me.
Our admission team has experienced counselors on board and they’d be happy to assist you in selecting a programme best suited to your professional needs. Reach out to us at 080 4545 3102 or drop us an email at email@example.com.
25) Can we apply for a government sector job ?
Yes, you can apply to any public/private sector job post successful completion of the programme.
26) Want to go abroad, is this certificate valid out of the country?
While the degree is globally-recognised, we strongly recommend you check with the recipient institution/university/organisation as well. Should you need any specific assistance, feel free to reach out to our admissions office at 080- 45453102 or write in with your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
27) Is this programme approved by the Government? Is this a recognized course?
Pondicherry University is a central Government University. All programmes offered are approved by University Grant’s Commission (UGC), Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Distance Education Council (DEC).
28) What is the difference between PGD and MBA ?
A Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) is a 1-year course, it comprises 2 semesters, whereas Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is a 2-year course comprising 4 semesters.
Note: The maximum duration to complete a PGD is 2 years and an MBA is 4 years.
29) I am a Foreign Degree holder. Can I apply ?
Foreign Degree holders need to provide an Association of Indian Universities (AIU) Equivalence Certificate. This certificate facilitates students, with foreign degree, to get admission in Indian Universities.
30) If I have doubts, how can I clarify them?
Before Enrolment: While you consider enrolling with Pondicherry University’s online programmes and have doubts and need help clarifying your doubts, you are welcome to reach out to us on call at 080- 4545 3102 Monday to Sunday between 9am to 6pm. You can also drop in an email to email@example.com and our admission team will respond to your queries.
Post Enrollment: Once enrolled, if you have queries, questions related to the course-ware, faculty, LIVE sessions, accessing our Learning Management System (LMS), you can reach out to our student support team. You can also post your queries and/or doubts on the online platform (ATP) and our academic team will respond within 24 hours.
Moreover, during each semester we conduct 10 hours of LIVE mentoring sessions, cumulatively. You can use these sessions to clear subject related doubts and orient yourself to the examination.
31) How is the course delivered ?
Anytime, anywhere, any device – as long as you have an internet connection. You can also access all material on your android phone through an app.
You will receive books (hard copy) for each semester at the address of communication provided by you.
Apart from this a login ID and password will be provided, giving you access to all of the below:
I. You will receive an e-book link, so you can access books (soft copy) anytime.
II. You will get access to an e-library with 12,000+ titles
III. Prerecorded audio and video sessions
IV. You can post any doubts and/or queries 24x7 and the faculty will respond to you within 24 hours. Doubts are also cleared during live mentoring sessions; where previous year’s question papers are discussed.
V. You can see how much of which course you have completed and also take self-assessments to judge for yourself how well you have covered and understood a topic.
VI. Guru Talks are organised – Industry/Renowned personalities address the students through the virtual classroom. That is one of the benefits of Distance MBA Courses.