Jan 20, 2016
Apr 24, 2016
Apr 30, 2016
May 29, 2016
How to Prepare for CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabus from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) 2016 Important Instructions
1.Individual call letter will not be sent to the candidates. Candidates are advised to attend the counselling for admission as per the following schedule. Requests for change of counselling dates will not be considered under any circumstances.
2.Only candidates who fulfil the minimum requirements as per the eligibility criteria prescribed by the University will be considered for provisional admission.
3.Candidates belonging to states other than Kerala are not eligible for communal reservation.
4.If you fail to appear on the date and time specified and remit the fees, your candidature for admission will be summarily forfeited.
5.Admission will be subject to production of certificates and no extension of time will be given for producing the certificates under any circumstances.
6.Candidates are advised to keep sufficient attested photocopies of the certificates with them, as the original will be returned only after the completion of the course.
CUSAT CAT - BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) FAQ
1) How do I do online registration for CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.)?
Please visit official website for online option registration.
2) What is CUSAT CAT ?
Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT ) which is being conducted every year for admission into UG and PG courses offered by the Cochin University of Science and Technology.
3) Which are the recommended browsers for applying online?
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 10.0 or lower.
4) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.
5) I forgot to note down my Registration number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the Registration number?
Login to your home page. There you will get all details about your application.
6) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Your Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. User name, DOB, email-id, Security Question and answer to it should be provided for resetting the password.
7) Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number?
Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.
8) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB). Refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
9) Is there any specified formats for community certificate and income certificate?
No. Please read relevant information provided in the link “Reservations” on the Application Portal.
10) What is the procedure for applying online?
- Challan payment mode: Choose your bank first and then take printout of the challan form along with the instructions page and make payment in the bank after two working days from the date of registration. Make sure that the journal number is correctly entered by the bank in the space provided in the challan form before leaving the bank.
- Net Banking mode: Payment can also be made from any Internet Banking enabled SBI/SBT a/c: Login to the internet banking account. Choose "Payments/Transfers". Choose "Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL). Enter the fee type as printed in your challan and then click "Submit" button. In the "Validation Date" box enter your date of birth as printed in the challan. In the "Fee Reference No" box, enter your registration no as printed in the challan. Then click "confirm" button to complete the transaction. Note down your transaction number for future reference.
- Online(using debit/credit card only) : Login to candidate Home page and click the link "Online Payment".
11) I selected Challan mode of payment. Can I pay the application fee from my netbanking Account?
Yes, but after two days of registration. Login to your netbanking account(SBT/SBI)->choose Third Party Transfer->Select Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL)-> in the Fee Type box type the fee type of your bank(106 for SBT, 103 for SBI) ->In the Validation date box, type the Date of birth of the candidate->in the Fee reference box, type the register number-> now press Confirm button and complete the transaction as you do normally.
12) I have successfully submitted the application and remitted the application fee. But I cannot download my Registration Confirmation Page.
Registration Confirmation Page will be available for download in your home page immediately after your application is approved. Please check your application status.
13) What are the possible reasons for rejection of an application?
- Application fee not paid
- Photograph not clear.
- Signature not clear.
- Please refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
14) Shall I send the confirmation page to the University?
No. You need not send any document to the University unless otherwise specifically mentioned in your application status page.
15) How do I solve the problem that some unexpected data being shown in my online application? How to solve this?
If you are not using Firefox, shift the browser to it. Most of the time, problem will be solved by clearing the cache of the browser. For clearing the cache, press Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys from the browser and follow instructions therein.
16) Which is the last date for submission of application?
Application can be submitted online till 5.00 pm on Second week of February.
17) How do I know whether my application is approved?
Click the 'Application Status' bar in your home page in the Application portal.
18) How shall I get the Admit Card for the Entrance Examination CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.)?
The Admit Card should be downloaded from the official website Admit cards will not be issued to candidates whose application is rejected.
19) Can I change any data given in the application once the application is submitted.
No. You can verify all details given in the application (displayed in the preview page) before final submission.
20) Will Admit card be sent to me by post?
No. Admit cards will not be sent by post from this office to the candidate. The Admit cards should be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his home page.
21) Where will the exam centres be formed for CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) Entrance exam?
CUSAT will be held in many cities across the country and abroad. Candidates will require applying for the exam centre at the time of filling up the online application form.The test will be conducted at 26 cities.
22) I am awaiting my 12th results.Can I apply?
Please refer "How to Apply" in the official website.
23) What is the eligiblity criteria for CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) Entrance exam ?
Candidate should have passed plus two examination with at least 60% marks including languages in Science group/Commerce group or with at least 55% marks including languages in Arts / Humanities stream.
24) What is the maximum age limit for the exam?
Should not have completed 20 years of age as on 1 st July of the year of admission; 22 years in the case of SC / ST and SEBC candidates.
25) Can a student from science (PCB / PCM) apply for this course?
Yes, any student who has passed his/her class 12th in any stream (humanities / commerce / science / social science, etc) is eligible to take admission in this course.
26) My class 12 result is still awaited. Can I sit for the entrance test?
Yes, if your result is awaited you can still apply for this course and sit for the entrance test. However you will have to produce your passing certificate at the time of admission and if you fulfill the prescribed eligibility you can take admission to the course.
27) For how long is the CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) score valid?
The CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) score is valid for just one year.
28) Now that the CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) results are out, what am I to do next?
Next procedure will be online registration of preferred options (Option Registration) and registration of the +2 marks obtained, if you are an applicant for BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.) courses.
29) I am already in the rank list. Do I need to do online option registration for CUSAT BBA/B.Com L.L.B (Hons.)?
Yes, if you would like to be considered for allotment and admission at CUSAT otherwise you will forfeit your right to admission.
30) I have been allotted one of my lower options in CUSAT. I do not like to take it and want to wait for the allotment of my best choice. Can I do that?
Definitely Not! If any ONE of your options has been allotted to you, you MUST come and take admission; only this will keep your right for automatic up gradation to your higher options. Once you get admitted to any one of your choices, all the lower options will be cancelled. If you do not come and accept the allotted admission, you will be deleted from the rank list.
31) How much time do I get to come and take admission in CUSAT?
After the online allotment, two days will be fixed for joining. These dates will be pre-announced on the . Students have to come prepared with all the relevant documents and required fees during working hours on these days, failing which they will be removed from the rank list.
32) I am already in the rank list. Do I need to do online option registration for CUSAT CAT?
Yes, if you would like to be considered for allotment and admission at CUSAT otherwise you will forfeit your right to admission.
33) I belong to OEC category, but my annual family income exceeds 6 lakh. Is there any fee concession for such candidates?
Yes. But such candidates are not eligible for any communal reservations. They should submit community certificate to get fee concession benefits at the time of admission/counselling.
34) What do you mean by OCI / PIO?
- OCI – Overseas Citizen of India
- PIO – Persons of Indian Origin
- OCI and PIO certificate issued by Govt. of India alone will be considered.
35) I am the ward of an Indian citizen working in a Gulf country. Which link should I use.
- You can select the link for Indian and NRI candidates.
- You are also eligible for seats reserved for children of Indian citizen working in Gulf countries. For that you may submit a separate online application by selecting the link for International candidates by paying separate fees. Please see relevant topics under "Reservations" menu.
36) Is Cochin University Science & Technology NAAC accredited?
NAAC has re-accredited CUSAT (2nd cycle) as Letter Grade A with a CGPA of 3.09 / 4.00.