Mar 01, 2016
Apr 30, 2016
May 31, 2016
How to Prepare for CUSAT CAT LLB 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabus from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
CUSAT CAT LLB 2016 Important Instructions
CUSAT CAT LLB FAQ
1) What is CUSAT CAT ?
Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT CAT ) which is being conducted every year for admission into UG and PG courses offered by the Cochin University of Science and Technology.
2) How do I do online registration for CUSAT LLB?
Please visit official website for online option registration .
3) What is the procedure for applying online?
- Challan payment mode: Choose your bank first and then take printout of the challan form along with the instructions page and make payment in the bank after two working days from the date of registration. Make sure that the journal number is correctly entered by the bank in the space provided in the challan form before leaving the bank.
- Net Banking mode: Payment can also be made from any Internet Banking enabled SBI/SBT a/c: Login to the internet banking account. Choose "Payments/Transfers". Choose "Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL). Enter the fee type as printed in your challan and then click "Submit" button. In the "Validation Date" box enter your date of birth as printed in the challan. In the "Fee Reference No" box, enter your registration no as printed in the challan. Then click "confirm" button to complete the transaction. Note down your transaction number for future reference.
- Online(using debit/credit card only) : Login to candidate Home page and click the link "Online Payment".
4) Which are the recommended browsers for applying online?
Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer 10.0 or lower.
5) Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting?
- You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.
- Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.
6) I forgot to note down my Registration number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the Registration number?
Login to your home page. There you will get all details about your application.
7) I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password?
Using the link ‘Forgot Your Password’ in online application, you can reset your password. User name, DOB, email-id, Security Question and answer to it should be provided for resetting the password.
8) Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number?
Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.
9) I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB). Refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
10) Is there any specified formats for community certificate and income certificate?
No. Please read relevant information provided in the link “Reservations” on the Application Portal.
11) I selected Challan mode of payment. Can I pay the application fee from my netbanking Account?
Yes, but after two days of registration. Login to your netbanking account(SBT/SBI)->choose Third Party Transfer->Select Power Jyothi Fee Collection (PUL)-> in the Fee Type box type the fee type of your bank(106 for SBT, 103 for SBI) ->In the Validation date box, type the Date of birth of the candidate->in the Fee reference box, type the register number-> now press Confirm button and complete the transaction as you do normally.
12) I have successfully submitted the application and remitted the application fee. But I cannot download my Registration Confirmation Page.
Registration Confirmation Page will be available for download in your home page immediately after your application is approved. Please check your application status.
13) 3.What are the possible reasons for rejection of an application?
- Application fee not paid
- Photograph not clear.
- Signature not clear.
- Please refer the link "Uploading Photo & Sign" in the Application Portal.
14) Shall I send the confirmation page to the University?
No. You need not send any document to the University unless otherwise specifically mentioned in your application status page.
15) How do I solve the problem that some unexpected data being shown in my online application? How to solve this?
If you are not using Firefox, shift the browser to it. Most of the time, problem will be solved by clearing the cache of the browser. For clearing the cache, press Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys from the browser and follow instructions therein.
16) Which is the last date for submission of application?
Application can be submitted online till 5.00 pm on Second week of February.
17) How do I know whether my application is approved?
Click the 'Application Status' bar in your home page in the Application portal.
18) How shall I get the Admit Card for the Entrance Examination CUSAT LLB?
- The Admit Card should be downloaded from the official website Admit cards will not be issued to candidates whose application is rejected.
19) Can I change any data given in the application once the application is submitted.
No. You can verify all details given in the application (displayed in the preview page) before final submission.
20) Will Admit card be sent to me by post?
No. Admit cards will not be sent by post from this office to the candidate. The Admit cards should be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his home page.
21) Where will the exam centres be formed for CUSAT LLB Entrance exam?
CUSAT will be held in many cities across the country and abroad. Candidates will require applying for the exam centre at the time of filling up the online application form.The test will be conducted at 26 cities.
22) I am awaiting my 12th results.Can I apply?
Please refer "How to Apply" in the official website.
23) What is the eligiblity criteria for CUSAT LLB Entrance exam ?
Bachelor’s Degree with 40% aggregate marks in any discipline of a University recognized by CUSAT (35% for SC/ST). Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination may also apply in anticipation of results. However, the mark lists obtained in the qualifying examination shall be produced at the time of admission. Those who fail to produce mark list shall not be considered for Admission.
24) In case a candidate completes answering and reviewing a section before the allotted section time completion, can he go to the previous or next section(s) to complete?
No, in CUSAT—India, candidates are not allowed to work on any section other than the one being timed by the invigilators. In case a candidate completes answering and reviewing a section before the allotted section time gets over, he/she is not allowed to attempt any other section — previous or next. The balance time cannot be used on any other section.
25) Am I eligible with 39.99 % in LLb? (Candidate Category - General).
No, refer official website for minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement.
26) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
27) Will a candidate be allowed to access his/her personal belongings during the unscheduled breaks that he/she takes?
Candidates will not be allowed to access any personal belonging including study material and mobile phone during the breaks they take. Candidates will only be allowed to access food or medicines, if necessary for medical reasons.
28) Now that the CUSAT LLB results are out, what am I to do next?
Next procedure will be online registration of preferred options (Option Registration) and registration of the +2 marks obtained, if you are an applicant for LLB courses.
29) For how long is the CUSAT LLB score valid?
The CUSAT LLB score is valid for just one year.
30) Is Cochin University Science & Technology NAAC accredited?
NAAC has re-accredited CUSAT (2nd cycle) as Letter Grade A with a CGPA of 3.09 / 4.00.
31) I belong to OEC category, but my annual family income exceeds 6 lakh. Is there any fee concession for such candidates?
Yes. But such candidates are not eligible for any communal reservations. They should submit community certificate to get fee concession benefits at the time of admission/counselling.
32) What do you mean by OCI / PIO?
- OCI – Overseas Citizen of India
- PIO – Persons of Indian Origin
- OCI and PIO certificate issued by Govt. of India alone will be considered.
33) I am the ward of an Indian citizen working in a Gulf country. Which link should I use.
- You can select the link for Indian and NRI candidates.
- You are also eligible for seats reserved for children of Indian citizen working in Gulf countries. For that you may submit a separate online application by selecting the link for International candidates by paying separate fees. Please see relevant topics under "Reservations" menu.
34) I am already in the rank list. Do I need to do online option registration for CUSAT LLB?
Yes, if you would like to be considered for allotment and admission at CUSAT otherwise you will forfeit your right to admission.
35) I have been allotted one of my lower options in CUSAT. I do not like to take it and want to wait for the allotment of my best choice. Can I do that?
Definitely Not! If any ONE of your options has been allotted to you, you MUST come and take admission; only this will keep your right for automatic up gradation to your higher options. Once you get admitted to any one of your choices, all the lower options will be cancelled. If you do not come and accept the allotted admission, you will be deleted from the rank list.
36) How much time do I get to come and take admission in CUSAT?
After the online allotment, two days will be fixed for joining. These dates will be pre-announced on the . Students have to come prepared with all the relevant documents and required fees during working hours on these days, failing which they will be removed from the rank list.
37) I am already in the rank list. Do I need to do online option registration for CUSAT CAT?
Yes, if you would like to be considered for allotment and admission at CUSAT otherwise you will forfeit your right to admission.