Feb 06, 2016
Mar 30, 2016
Apr 14, 2016
May 27, 2016
How to Prepare for ENAT B.Tech 2016
Preparation Strategy -
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
ENAT B.Tech 2016 Important Instructions
1.Use of electronic gadgets such as cellphone ,papers , calculators etc, is not permiited inside the examination center.
2.Candidates indulging in any form of malpractice will be evicted from the exam hall.
3.Please inform the invigilator in case of any technical issuses.
4.Please do not talk to or disturb other candidates.
5.You cannot leave exam room before submitting the paper & before the expiry of scheduled duration of test.
ENAT B.Tech FAQ
1) What is ENAT?
ENAT will be used for admissions to Manipal University's B.E,MBBS, BDS, BPHARM, PHARMD ,B.Tech,M.Tech courses. The test comprises of papers in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and General English includes questions based on the 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards/Universities.
2) ENAT B.Tech is conducted by whom?
ESPI National Admission test is popularly known as ENAT and is conducted by the Manipal Institute of Technology.This engineering entrance exam is an online based national admission test.
3) Are these recognised degrees?
Yes, they are approved by AICTE & accredited by NBA.
4) Where is Manipal located, and what are the facilities available here?
The Manipal Group institutions are located on scenic campuses, providing a high quality lifestyle and ideal environments for study. The Manipal campus is situated on the Malabar Coast, between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats, in south Karnataka. The place is known for its moderate temperature and spectacular mountain views. The campus has excellent buildings, academic facilities and student amenities for accommodation, sports and other extra-curricular activities.
The professional colleges are known for their hi-tech labs, museums, and faculty who have rich and varied backgrounds, having been trained and worked all over the globe. Campuses provide a cosmopolitan and congenial atmosphere through which students from over 55 countries create life-long friendships.
5) When is ENAT B.Tech conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of April. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on Second week of April.
6) How do I apply to Manipal's ENAT for B.Tech?
Candidates who are interested in giving EPSI National Admission Test can apply in the online mode. The application form will be available by last week of March .Following is the process:
• The applicant can apply either online or offline.
• In the process of online the applicant has to fill the basic information, personal details and photograph
• Payment can be done through credit or debit card.
• In the offline mode, the applicant has to fill basic information and download the form. The completed form must be submitted to the office before the last date along with the necessary documents and the fees (in Demand Draft).
• Application Fees for Manipal ENAT is Rs.600/- and Rs.1000/- for entrance test fee.
7) Can I apply to more than one course? Can I do it in a single application?
If the courses you have opted for fall in the same group, then by all means, go ahead and state your choices in one single application form.
However, if you opt for courses in different groups, then you will need to fill out separate application.
8) What are ENAT B.Tech procedure and booking checklist?
ENAT BOOKING SYSTEM: BE/B.Tech candidates should book ENAT slots. Candidates must choose a test centre, date and slot of choice by using the ENAT booking system. Candidates will not be issued the e-hall ticket without booking a slot through ENAT booking system. Candidates will have to provide the application form number, ENAT booking password and other application form data while logging into the ENAT booking system.
Candidates are required to book their slots using the ENAT booking system as per the schedule given below. Please note that the ENAT booking system will not allow the candidate to book a slot after the booking end date. Candidates can choose slots of their choice on a first-come-first-served basis and subject to availability. If a candidate is unable to book a slot in a centre of his choice, he may choose to book a slot in an alternate centre, subject to availability. A slot once booked cannot be changed.
9) How do I get my ENAT B.Tech hall ticket?
The e-hall ticket will be generated on the website 48 hours after the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the ENAT booking system. The e-hall ticket will be issued for only those candidates who book a slot using the ENAT booking system before the booking end date for respective courses.
Canidates must report to the selected test centre with the two copies of the e-hall ticket, one photocopy of the application form and any one of the following for photo identification: Passport/Driving License/EC Voter ID card/IT PAN card or School/College photo-bearing ID card. Candidates should arrive at the test centre as per the reporting time mentioned in the e-hall ticket.
There will be pre-test process which includes registration and an on-site orientation prior to the start of the actual test. If a candidate arrives after the on-site orientation has begun, he/she will not be allowed to take the test.
10) I missed the last date for sending in my application. Can I still apply?
Sorry, we do not entertain any applications after the last date for submission.
11) How important is the score in my qualifying examination to enroll for a course?
At MU, we admit students on the basis of merit. Admissions to some courses are based on all-India entrance test scores; for others, we consider the score in the qualifying examination.
12) Can I get model/previous year question paper?
No, MU does not provide any model or previous year question paper.
13) Is there any management quota for ENAT B.Tech?
No. We do not have any management quota. Only two quota's - general quota, admissions of which are based on the ranking obtained by the student in the entrance exam conducted by Manipal University and the other is foreign/NRI quota, where admissions are direct based on merit as per the marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent exam).
14) Please tell me what a computer-based online entrance test is, and what is required for this?
- It is a simple enough test, and all you need to know is how to use a keyboard and a mouse.
- In the online entrance test, you answer the questions on a computer.
- If you are not a frequent computer user, please be sure to familiarize yourself with its use before you actually write the online entrance test.
15) Who is eligible for the ENAT B.Tech?
Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subjects as optional with a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects
16) What will be the exam structure of ENAT B.Tech ?
The ENAT paper pattern will be ongoing for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
There will be 4 sections:-
1.Physics and Chemistry :- 60 questions (each)
2.Mathematics :- 80 questions
3.English and Aptitude :- 40 questions
Total Duration:- 2:30 Hours
17) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
18) Is there negative marking?
There is no negative marking in ENAT B.Tech. Each question carries one mark. Each correct answer will be awarded one mark. The wrong answer and unanswered questions will receive no (positive/negative) mark.
19) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
20) Are NRIs eligible for this program?
If yes, then please specify details, fee structure or any other information required for admission. ICAS admission is open for all including NRIs and foreign nationals. Application Form and Fee structure is available in www.manipal.edu/icas. The fees applicable for NRIs and foreign nations are same.
21) If the CBSE or 12th results are declared late, then how does a student apply?
Students can apply for ICAS before the 12th Board results are declared and ensure/ confirm their provisional admission, based on expected performance. Provisional admission letters will be issued to students willing to take up ICAS. However, the final admissions will be provided after confirmed mark sheets and documentations are verified, based on 12th Board results in PCMB subjects.
22) What if a student is not able to get the required GPA, and is not accepted in an international university?
Since its inception in 1994, all students have successfully completed their first two years with GPA of above 3.0, and have been accepted in international colleges.
However, in case a student does not obtain the necessary required GPA or fails in his/ her semester exams, the student has to repeat the semester exams just like in any other engineering institute. However, ICAS also provides the necessary coaching, mentoring and support to enable the student to clear his exams.
23) Can I get admission based only on the ENAT B.Tech entrance test?
That depends on the admission criteria for the course you have opted for. We require all candidates to fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
24) Do you offer conditional admissions to students who have written the 10+2 or equivalent examination?
Yes. We do offer conditional admissions to all courses except MBBS, if the candidate submits his/her 11th grade mark sheet plus 12th grade pre-final/pre-board results.
25) How and when are the results of the ENAT B.Tech entrance test announced?
We put out the results on our website. You can also call the admission office at +91-92437-77733.
26) Will I know my ENAT score at the end of the online test?
The final score will be displayed in the test screen immediately after the test. The candidate should acknowledge the score in the print out of the score card in the presence of the invigilator.
27) What are the specializations offered in Manipal University by ENAT B. Tech Entrance Exam?
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT )offers 16 programs of study at the B.Tech level :-
1)B.Tech – Aeronautical Engineering
2)B.Tech – Automobile Engineering
3)B.Tech – Biomedical Engineering
4)B.Tech – Biotechnology
5)B.Tech – Chemical Engineering
6)B.Tech – Civil Engineering
7)B.Tech – Computer & Comm. Engineering
8)B.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering
9)B.Tech – Electrical & Electronics Engineering
10)B.Tech – Electronics and Comm. Engineering
11)B.Tech – Industrial & Production Engineering
12)B.Tech – Information Technology
13)B.Tech – Instrumentation & Control Engineering
14)B.Tech – Mechatronics Engineering
15)B.Tech – Print & Media Technology
16)B.Tech – Mechanical Engineering
28) How many progams does MIT(Manipal Institute of Technology) offer?
MIT(Manipal Institute of Technology) has 16 Undergraduate and 24 Postgraduate programs.
29) What is the schedule for counselling? What happens if all seats in the branch I want are taken?
Only the candidates whose ranks are included in the counselling schedule are required to attend the counselling. The schedule for the same as well as the list of eligible students will be announced at the official website after the test. When all the seats in a given course/s are filled, candidates may choose to be waitlisted.
30) What accreditation do the courses offered by the Manipal University have?
Manipal University has been established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide notification #F9-8/89-U.3 dated 1/6/1993 of the Government of India. All courses offered by the Manipal University conform to the guidelines laid down by the UGC.
All professional courses are recognised by the respective professional bodies.
31) Can I apply for admission before I have the result for my qualifying examination?
Yes, you can begin your application process before you get your final result.
- For courses where admissions are based on your scores, you need to submit your scores for the qualifying examination on or before the respective last date.
- For other courses, you need to submit only the proof of passing your qualifying examination at the time of counselling/ admission.
32) When do I need to pay admission / tuition fee? .
The first year fees is paid on the day of counselling/admission. Subsequent fees must be paid on the dates that will be notified through our website
33) Is there a capitation fee?
No, there is no capitation fee. You need to pay only the fees mentioned in the prospectus.
34) Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission?
We do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. We like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.
35) What is a merit-cum-means scholarship?
- Candidates qualifying for the MBBS course within the first 500, and BDS, BPharm, BTech courses within the first 1000 are eligible for a merit-cum-means scholarship.
- Eligibility is also determined by parents’ annual income, so not all students who qualify in the top ranks can get this scholarship.
- If you have made an application for a scholarship, you will know whether it has been granted or not, and to what amount, at the time of counselling.
36) Can I get a loan for study?
We have no provision for a loan for study. But you can avail loans from banks.
37) if I choose to withdraw my application for admission, will I get a total refund?
Refund of fee is as per our refund rules. visit this page for details.
38) I know Manipal is in Karnataka. So, how do I get there?
Manipal is well connected by road, rail and air. There are two main cities close to Manipal that serve as entry points - Udupi and Mangalore. Udupi is 5 km from Manipal and Mangalore is 65 km away.
39) When I come for counselling or admission where can I stay?
Candidates coming for counselling and admission usually make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging. Here is a list of places to stay www.udupipages.com.
40) I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do?
No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorized representative carrying proper authorization documents, like your parents or even a friend. Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.
41) Will I get hostel accommodation at the time of admission?
MU is a residential institute and all students who are admitted are accommodated in hostels. You can find out more about our hostel accommodation.
42) What extracurricular activities can I pursue?
We have world-class sports facilities and stadiums, and many other activities you can take part in. Take a round of our campus facilities.
43) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.
44) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
45) I have submitted my original documents at the time of counselling at the other college. What should I do now?
You should give us an acknowledgement for the deposition of original documents at other institution.
46) Does MIT(Manipal Institute of Technology) offer placement opportunities?
Yes, MIT(Manipal Institute of Technology) offers excellent Placement and Industrial Liaison activities, as well as an Innovation Center and Practice School to foster Ideation/ Innovation & Incubation.
47) How far are the hostels from the institute buildings?
On the campus. Walking distance.
48) Is it compulsory to stay at a University Hostel?
It is mandatory for all first year students to reside in the Hostels. Those desirous of staying outside under own arrangements must submit a consent letter from their Parents duly recommended by their HOI and forward it to Director, Student Affairs for necessary permission.
49) Is it a co-educational institution?
Yes, it is a co-educational institute, open to boys and girls.