Jan 03, 2016
Jan 17, 2016
Jan 30, 2016
Feb 01, 2016
How to Prepare for GIM Online Test- GOT 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
GIM Online Test- GOT 2016 Important Instructions
- Candidates must reach the examination venue at least half an hour (30 minutes) before the start of the examination.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall half an hour (30 minutes) after the start of the examination, i.e. 10.00 am.
- Candidates will be allowed to leave the examination hall only after one hour from the start of the examination, i.e. 10.30 am.
- Use of log tables and calculators in the examination hall are not allowed.
- Candidates must bring their own pen, pencil, eraser and other stationeries.
- Candidates must bring their Admit Card and Identity Card to the examination hall.
- Mobile phone and other electronic gadgets are not allowed inside examination.
GIM Online Test- GOT FAQ
1) Tell me something about Gitam University?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- GITAM School of Law
- GITAM Institute of Medical Science & Research
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
2) Where can I obtain the Application Form?
Online form is available at www.gitam.edu.
Hard copies are available at :-
1)GIM, GITAM University Campus, Vizag,
2)CDL, GITAM University, Dodaparthi, Vizag, and
3)GITAM City Office, Khairatabad, Hyderabad.
3) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Registration Fee :-Rs. 1250
4) Which modes the payment can be done?
There is two modes payment can be done:-
Option 1: Through online at official website using GITAM Challan, Debit or Credit Card.
Option 2: DD in the name of GITAM Institute of Management payable at Visakhapatnam .
5) Does GIM have its own entrance test?
For all its programmes, merit list is prepared based on candidate’s performance in Group-discussion, Personal interview and scores secured in CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT. Alternatively, GIM conducts GOT (GITAM ONLINE TEST) for those who do not have one mentioned here.
6) How and when to send the CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT scores to GIM?
At the time of filling the form in case the score is not available, It is sufficient to fill in the test registration number in the GIM application form. The application form can be edited, with scores as and when they are announced but before the end of March.
7) What test scores does GIM accept for Admissions?
GIM uses CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT/GOT(GIM ONLINE Test) scores for MBA/MHRM/MBA(CMU) and UGAT/GAT/GOT for BBM/IMBA.
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of January. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on Last week of January.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of January(onwards). You will have to log onto the GIM website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
10) How to prepare TEST for admission into BBM and MBA(Integrated)?
The test will be similar to UGAT test conducted by AIMA. UGAT Test preparation books are available in reputed book stores.
11) Why does GIM conduct a separate Achiever's round?
a)GIM wants to have a more rigorous selection process to offer scholarships.
b)Would like students to "experience" GIM and offer this opportunity to selected few.
12) What is the mode of conduction of GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA?
Online or Computer based exam.
13) What are the eligibility criteria for MBA admission?
Eligibility Selection Rounds MBA 2 Years Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from Oral Presentation Extempore a recognized university . A high score in CAT/XAT/MAT/ GMAT/CMAT (or) A high score in GIM On line Test(GOT) Group Discussion (or) Personal Interview.
MBA(HRM) 2 Years:- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university Qualified in CAT /XAT /MAT/ GMAT/ CMAT (or) Qualified in GIM Online Test(GOT).
MBA (CMU) 1 year at GIM 2nd year at CMU, USA Four year (10+2+4) Engineering / Technology / Medicine / Other from any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university .
A high score in CAT/XAT/GMAT (or) A high score in GIM Online Test (GOT).
14) Is there any age limit to pursue GIM Programme?
No. GIM does not stipulate any minimum or maximum age limit.
15) Are there any quotas reserved for special category of applicants?
GIM follows reservations as prescribed by central Government.
16) Will there be any negative marking?
No,There is no negative marking.
17) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
18) Can a candidate in the final year of Degree apply to the Programme?
Yes. He/she can apply with his/her marks sheets of the completed years of his/her degree course, BUT SHOULD BE IN A POSITION TO SUBMIT THE PROVISIONAL DEGREE CERTIFICATE BY THE END OF SEPT’ 2017, AND OFCOURSE MUST HAVE SECURED SECOND CALSS or EQUIVALENT IN GRADUATION.
19) When are GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
20) When will I get the Score card?
The candidates will receive the score card in last week of July.
21) For how long is the GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA score valid?
The GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA score is valid for just one year.
22) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA go to gitam website .
23) What is/are the cut-off percentile/s applied for the various tests you consider?
The cut-off percentile varies from year to year, depending on the performance of applicants in that year. Hence it would be difficult to state a cut-off percentile or percentage.
24) Does GIM consider only the test scores to shortlist candidates for interviews?
NO, but weightages given to other parameters like performance in the Academic performance, group-discussion & interview would decide his or her position in the final merit-list.
25) Does a candidate have to come all the way to Visakhapatnam to attend GD / PI in GIM?
NO, the Group Discussions as well as Personal Interviews would be held at number of cities across India. But candidates have to apply early to make use of this. The exact dates and venues would be advised at the appropriate time to all the candidates.
26) Is it true that GIM has a very high cut-off score in CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT?
It is true that the cut-offs were high in the past when the intake was low at 120 for MBA. However, as we have increased our intake to about 240, we would be short-listing more candidates for the admissions. Hence the cut-offs would obviously come down considerably.
27) Does GIM offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
28) Does GIM offer "specialization" in MBA?
Yes, for the MBA.Students can choose specialization from Marketing, Finance, Systems, Retail, Banking & Insurance and HR.
29) Does GIM arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GIM to facilitate the process.
30) Does GIM offer any twinning programme?
Yes, GIM has a collaborative arrangement with Central Michigan University(CMU), USA students to study one year in USA to get MBA degree from CMU.
31) What has been GIM's placement record?
GIM’s placement record has been outstanding in recent years. All the eligible students have been placed in reputed organizations through campus Placements.
32) Is GIM a recognized institute?
GIM has received recognition from AICTE in year 1994. GIM is one of constituents of GITAM University conferred with University status under sec 3 of UGC act 1956 in 2008. The degrees awarded are accepted all over the world for further education and employment in public and private sectors. Also NAAC has accredited GIM with ‘A’ Grade with validity till 2017.
33) What is GIM’s intake every year?
Overall 240 seats are available in PG programs and 240 seats in UG programs.
34) What is the hostel fee?
Usually it is Rs. 6K to 7K per month in addition to the Rs. 10,000 refundable deposit and one time fee at the rate of Rs. 10,000 per annum paid at the time of admission.
Note: The above fees are subject to change anytime during the programme. Changes if any, will be notified sufficiently in advance.
35) If I get a low score?
CAT/CAT/GMAT/CMAT scores are very much part of evaluation and a candidate with unacceptable score will not get admission, even though (s) he may have been called for Achiever's round.
36) How will exam score be included?
Achiever's round will be conducted without knowing XAT/CAT/GMAT/CMAT scores. The scores will be incorporated in process later on.
37) Will GIM check Achievements?
All Achievement's should have documents to support and the documents should be available at the time of interview and joining the Institute.