Jan 03, 2017
Jan 17, 2017
Jan 29, 2017
Feb 01, 2017
How to Prepare for GIM Online Test- GOT 2017
Strategically plan your time: Plan a study routine in advance, allotting time for each subject. This will help to systematically study each subject instead of juggling between many, which is sure to disrupt your concentration and reduce output.
Read different articles: The more you read different articles the more it will help in going through the comprehension section. It will help to acquire speed and precision, two key skills needed to do well in this section. Before you begin attempting, though, spend some time glancing at the questions in the comprehension section to get a feel for the critical areas of the passage.
Practice regularly: The sections on Language Comprehension &Quantitative Skills may be new to you. These are more tricky than difficult. Go through the sample papers carefully and makes notes of the quirks involved. Regular practice will make you more familiar with the subjects and help to quickly interpret and solve problems.
Enhance your speed and accuracy: First, solve papers subject-wise, maintaining stipulated time-limit. Thereafter, solve an entire model paper or a previous paper to see if you can finish in time. Although speed is an important aspect, accuracy is paramount. Extensive practice helps you achieve both.
Crash courses: The institutes help to get acquainted with the format of the exam and also conduct regular tests. Group discussions help to develop speaking prowess and also provides useful information. But more than anything else, the competitive atmosphere of an institute will motivate you to improve yourself.
Be confident: Nervousness can spoil your preparation. Be confident and stay calm and composed so that you can solve the paper efficiently.
Time management: Glance at the paper for five minutes before starting off. Solve the easier ones first and then move on to the more difficult ones. Do not waste time on a question if you get stuck. Read the questions carefully to avoid misinterpretation. Re-check the paper before submitting.
GIM Online Test- GOT 2017 Important Instructions
- The final list of centres will be announced to candidates through the website. The University reserves the right to cancel any test centre and in such a case, candidates allotted to these centres will be accommodated in alternate test centres.
- Candidates will be informed that depending on the administrative convenience, tests may be conducted for a limited number of days in some of the centres. The final list of test centres, venues and days of test will be announced only after all the applications are received and candidates will be informed of the same through the university website to enable the candidates to choose their centre, date and time for the test as per their convenience and availability of slots in any of the aforesaid centres. Candidates should indicate 3 different test centres, in order of preference, in the application for consideration by the University.
- The candidate has to register his/her name at the registration counter in the test centre. The e-hall tickets of the candidates will be verified by the proctor to confirm each candidate’s identity. The candidate has to produce any one of the following for personal identification: Passport / Driving License / EC voter ID card / IT PAN card / School or College photo bearing ID card / Aadhar Card. Each candidate will be given a seat with a computer. Candidate must take the allotted seat at least 15 minutes before the test commences.
- No candidate will be allowed to go outside the test hall till the completion of the entire duration of the test. Once a candidate leaves the test hall, he/she will not be permitted to re-enter into the test hall under any circumstances.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Tea, coffee, soft drinks / snacks are not allowed into the test hall. There are no waiting facilities for family and friends at the test centreCandidates must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator. The candidate must obey the rules of the test centres, otherwise he / she will be automatically debarred from the test.
- In rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to take the test again.
GIM Online Test- GOT FAQ
1) Tell me something about Gitam University?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- GITAM School of Law
- GITAM Institute of Medical Science & Research
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
2) Where can I obtain the Application Form?
Online form is available at www.gitam.edu.
Hard copies are available at :-
1)GIM, GITAM University Campus, Vizag,
2)CDL, GITAM University, Dodaparthi, Vizag, and
3)GITAM City Office, Khairatabad, Hyderabad.
3) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Registration Fee :-Rs. 1250
4) Which modes the payment can be done?
There is two modes payment can be done:-
Option 1: Through online at official website using GITAM Challan, Debit or Credit Card.
Option 2: DD in the name of GITAM Institute of Management payable at Visakhapatnam .
5) Does GIM have its own entrance test?
For all its programmes, merit list is prepared based on candidate’s performance in Group-discussion, Personal interview and scores secured in CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT. Alternatively, GIM conducts GOT (GITAM ONLINE TEST) for those who do not have one mentioned here.
6) How and when to send the CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT scores to GIM?
At the time of filling the form in case the score is not available, It is sufficient to fill in the test registration number in the GIM application form. The application form can be edited, with scores as and when they are announced but before the end of March.
7) What test scores does GIM accept for Admissions?
GIM uses CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT/GOT(GIM ONLINE Test) scores for MBA/MHRM/MBA(CMU) and UGAT/GAT/GOT for BBM/IMBA.
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of January. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on Last week of January.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of January(onwards). You will have to log onto the GIM website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
10) How to prepare TEST for admission into BBM and MBA(Integrated)?
The test will be similar to UGAT test conducted by AIMA. UGAT Test preparation books are available in reputed book stores.
11) Why does GIM conduct a separate Achiever's round?
a)GIM wants to have a more rigorous selection process to offer scholarships.
b)Would like students to "experience" GIM and offer this opportunity to selected few.
12) What is the mode of conduction of GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA?
Online or Computer based exam.
13) What are the eligibility criteria for MBA admission?
Eligibility Selection Rounds MBA 2 Years Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from Oral Presentation Extempore a recognized university . A high score in CAT/XAT/MAT/ GMAT/CMAT (or) A high score in GIM On line Test(GOT) Group Discussion (or) Personal Interview.
MBA(HRM) 2 Years:- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university Qualified in CAT /XAT /MAT/ GMAT/ CMAT (or) Qualified in GIM Online Test(GOT).
MBA (CMU) 1 year at GIM 2nd year at CMU, USA Four year (10+2+4) Engineering / Technology / Medicine / Other from any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university .
A high score in CAT/XAT/GMAT (or) A high score in GIM Online Test (GOT).
14) Is there any age limit to pursue GIM Programme?
No. GIM does not stipulate any minimum or maximum age limit.
15) Are there any quotas reserved for special category of applicants?
GIM follows reservations as prescribed by central Government.
16) Will there be any negative marking?
No,There is no negative marking.
17) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
18) Can a candidate in the final year of Degree apply to the Programme?
Yes. He/she can apply with his/her marks sheets of the completed years of his/her degree course, BUT SHOULD BE IN A POSITION TO SUBMIT THE PROVISIONAL DEGREE CERTIFICATE BY THE END OF SEPT’ 2017, AND OFCOURSE MUST HAVE SECURED SECOND CALSS or EQUIVALENT IN GRADUATION.
19) When are GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
20) When will I get the Score card?
The candidates will receive the score card in last week of July.
21) For how long is the GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA score valid?
The GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA score is valid for just one year.
22) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on GIM Online Test (GOT) for MBA go to gitam website .
23) What is/are the cut-off percentile/s applied for the various tests you consider?
The cut-off percentile varies from year to year, depending on the performance of applicants in that year. Hence it would be difficult to state a cut-off percentile or percentage.
24) Does GIM consider only the test scores to shortlist candidates for interviews?
NO, but weightages given to other parameters like performance in the Academic performance, group-discussion & interview would decide his or her position in the final merit-list.
25) Does a candidate have to come all the way to Visakhapatnam to attend GD / PI in GIM?
NO, the Group Discussions as well as Personal Interviews would be held at number of cities across India. But candidates have to apply early to make use of this. The exact dates and venues would be advised at the appropriate time to all the candidates.
26) Is it true that GIM has a very high cut-off score in CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT?
It is true that the cut-offs were high in the past when the intake was low at 120 for MBA. However, as we have increased our intake to about 240, we would be short-listing more candidates for the admissions. Hence the cut-offs would obviously come down considerably.
27) Does GIM offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
28) Does GIM offer "specialization" in MBA?
Yes, for the MBA.Students can choose specialization from Marketing, Finance, Systems, Retail, Banking & Insurance and HR.
29) Does GIM arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GIM to facilitate the process.
30) Does GIM offer any twinning programme?
Yes, GIM has a collaborative arrangement with Central Michigan University(CMU), USA students to study one year in USA to get MBA degree from CMU.
31) What has been GIM's placement record?
GIM’s placement record has been outstanding in recent years. All the eligible students have been placed in reputed organizations through campus Placements.
32) Is GIM a recognized institute?
GIM has received recognition from AICTE in year 1994. GIM is one of constituents of GITAM University conferred with University status under sec 3 of UGC act 1956 in 2008. The degrees awarded are accepted all over the world for further education and employment in public and private sectors. Also NAAC has accredited GIM with ‘A’ Grade with validity till 2017.
33) What is GIM’s intake every year?
Overall 240 seats are available in PG programs and 240 seats in UG programs.
34) What is the hostel fee?
Usually it is Rs. 6K to 7K per month in addition to the Rs. 10,000 refundable deposit and one time fee at the rate of Rs. 10,000 per annum paid at the time of admission.
Note: The above fees are subject to change anytime during the programme. Changes if any, will be notified sufficiently in advance.
35) If I get a low score?
CAT/CAT/GMAT/CMAT scores are very much part of evaluation and a candidate with unacceptable score will not get admission, even though (s) he may have been called for Achiever's round.
36) How will exam score be included?
Achiever's round will be conducted without knowing XAT/CAT/GMAT/CMAT scores. The scores will be incorporated in process later on.
37) Will GIM check Achievements?
All Achievement's should have documents to support and the documents should be available at the time of interview and joining the Institute.