Apr 11, 2016
Apr 19, 2016
May 16, 2016
How to Prepare for GAT (UGTP) - B.Tech 2016
Preparation Strategy -
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
GAT (UGTP) - B.Tech 2016 Important Instructions
Hall Tickets will not be sent by post.
The University is not responsible for the delay in receipt or loss of Application.
In all matters in the conduct of GAT , the decision of the Vice-Chancellor will be final. All disputes pertaining to GAT shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Visakhapatnam.
Every effort has been made by GITAM University to ensure the correctness of the information provided in this document.
However, in the case of a conflict in interpretation, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor is final and binding on those who apply for GAT.
GAT (UGTP) - B.Tech FAQ
1) What is GITAM?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- School of Law
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
2) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
GITAM University Andhra Pradesh conducts GITAM GAT examination annually for the admissions of B.Tech in Engineering in the following its three institutes.
- GITAM School of Technology, Hyderabad
- GITAM Institute of Technology, Visakhaptnam
- GITAM School of Technology, Bengaluru.
3) Are there any criteria for entry?
Yes. You should have to appear for GITAM Admission Test (GAT) and obtain a rank in that.
4) Where can I obtain the Application Form?
- Online form is available at official website.
- Hard copies are available at :-
1)GIM, GITAM University Campus, Vizag,
2)CDL, GITAM University, Dodaparthi, Vizag, and
3)GITAM City Office, Khairatabad, Hyderabad.
5) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
6) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
7) Does GITAM University have its own entrance test?
For all its programmes, merit list is prepared based on candidate’s performance in Group-discussion, Personal interview and scores secured in Admission test.
8) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
9) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their PMUET Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
10) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
11) What are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech Program?
Pass in Intermediate or 10+2 examination with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and First Class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination from a recognized Central / State Board or its equivalent either in 2017 or 2016 and Rank obtained in GAT(UGTP).
Note: Students who passed Intermedaite or 10+2 examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear for GAT.
12) What happens if one is selected and could not acquire 50% marks, or could not submit the provisional degree certificate by the end of Sept?
Since he/she would be given a provisional admission, the admission would stand cancelled and he/she shall be forfeiting the fee already paid.
13) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
14) I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for GAT(B.Tech)?
Candidates cannot gave GAT(B.Tech) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.However they will be eligible to apply only for the B. Pharm program. They will not be eligible for any other first degree program of institute.
15) I passed 12th in 2016. I didn't get 55% aggregate in PCM .Am I eligible if I repeat some of the subjects to get the required 55% marks?
If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM/PCB only, you are not eligible.
16) I had appeared in GAT (B.Tech)-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in GAT (B.Tech)-2017?
Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for GAT (B.Tech)-2017.
17) What is/are the cut-off percentile/s applied for the various tests you consider?
The cut-off percentile varies from year to year, depending on the performance of applicants in that year. Hence it would be difficult to state a cut-off percentile or percentage.
18) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
a)The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained in the GAT subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines / norms as applicable to the University. A candidate qualified in GAT will be eligible for admission only if he/she fulfils the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria.
b)25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus.
19) For how long is the GAT B.Tech score valid?
The GAT B.Tech score is valid for just one year.
20) What are the specializations/Courses offered at GITAM University inn B.Tech ?
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Mechanical Engineering (MEC)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Civil Engineering (CIV)
- Industrial Engineering (IE)
- Biotechnology (BIO)
- Aerospace Engineering (AER).
21) Is it compulsory to stay in the hostel and what are the charges that the student will have to meet for staying in the hostel?
Yes. It is compulsory for all to stay in the hostel as the programmes are residential in nature. Rent free hostel accommodation is provided within the University Campus. However, expenses for mess, maintenance & other overheads will have to be borne by the students.
22) What is the fee structure for the programs at GITAM University in B.Tech?
GAT B.Tech Annual Fee is 2,20,000/- p.a.
23) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.
24) Does a candidate have to come all the way to Visakhapatnam to attend GD / PI in GAT?
NO, the Group Discussions as well as Personal Interviews would be held at number of cities across India. But candidates have to apply early to make use of this. The exact dates and venues would be advised at the appropriate time to all the candidates.
25) Does GAT offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
26) Does GAT arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GAT to facilitate the process.