Feb 01, 2016
Apr 09, 2016
Apr 16, 2016
Jun 01, 2016
How to Prepare for HBSAT-MBA 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA .You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
HBSAT-MBA 2016 Important Instructions
- Candidate will be not allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination without valid Admit Card.
- In the Examination hall, candidate should produce the Admit card when demanded by the invigilator.
- Admit Card can be downloaded or received by email from the university website. Admit Card will not be sent by post.
- Candidates shall retain their Admit cards for Admission counseling.
- Candidates shall be present at the examination center 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- Any malpractice or attempt to commit malpractice in the examination hall or any violation of the rules will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
1) What is Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test(HBSAT) ?
Admission is through HBSAT. Candidates with valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT-2016 scores are exempted from HBSAT. An entrance test conducted by Hyderabad Business School, HBSAT is compulsory for those applicants who have not taken any of the other valid tests and is optional for those who already possess any of the above scores. Foreign students and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the GMAT at a test center outside India, not earlier than November 2011, and submit such scores while applying to HBS. It may be noted that HBS uses CAT scores only for screening applications for admission and IIMs have no role in the conduct of Hyderabad Business School academic program.
2) What are the specializations offered at Hyderabad Business School in MBA ?
Following are the Specialization
- Business Analytics
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Management
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
3) Who conducts Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test - MBA ?
Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test - MBA exam is an online entrance exam conducted by Hyderabad Business School (HBS). Hyderabad Business School (HBS) is a part of GITAM University.
4) What are the Group Discussion and Personal Interview test centres for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA ?
Besides Hyderabad, the selection process is normally conducted at other centers including Bhubaneswar, Bellary, Bengaluru, Chennai, Coimbatore, Gulbarga, Kozhikode, Patna, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Raipur, Kolkata, Kathmandu, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Jalpaiguri, Pune, Trivandrum, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam & Warangal. Candidates should indicate their preferred center(s) for an interview in the application form.
If a candidate's preferred center is not allotted, for any reason, the candidate will be informed of the change. HBS reserves the right to change any of the centers for the selection process, without assigning any reasons.
5) Is there any requirement of computer skills for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA ?
The candidate needs to only know how to operate a computer mouse.
6) Is Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
7) How to apply for HBSAT?
Brochure and Application Form can be obtained by payment of Rs.700/- through the following means, within the datelines specified earlier:
- Through DD in person at GITAM University City office at Khairatabad, Hyderabad; by Post (enclosing Demand Draft or pay order drawn in favor of GITAM University payable at Hyderabad)
- Additional Information about the institute is available at Offical Website
- Online application can be accessed through Offical Website
8) For how long is the Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA score valid?
The Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA score is valid for just one year.
9) What is the cost of application form?
Brochure and Application Form can be obtained by payment of Rs. 700/- through the following means
All the payments have to be made on or before the date mentioned; the fee can either be paid through RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) or in the form of a DD / Pay Order drawn in favor of Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University” payable at Hyderabad.
(A Constituent of Gitam University), Rudraram, Patancheru Mandal, Medak Dist.-502329, Telangana, India (Hyderabad), Tel: 08455-220058,
10) When will the Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA results be declared?
Results will be available on the website the First week of JUNE .
11) In Which Month Conducts MBA HBSAT Exam?
Generally, this Exam conducts in the Second week of April every year.
12) Does Hyderabad Business School have hostel facility?
Hyderabad Business School facilitates hostel accommodation both for boys and girls separately. Further information can be had from the Admissions Counselor.
13) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability in Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA?
Yes. Need-based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
14) What are the Training and Placement status?
Training and Placements of students is given top priority and various activities in this regard are undertaken. With the mission to serve society by promoting excellence in education HBS aims to produce sound technical professionals with a temperament of strong logic. For this, special efforts are made to groom the students to meet the standards of the industry, both in technical knowledge and soft skills. HBS Academies and the Metamorphosis initiatives make a big difference in students’ grooming. There is continuous college-industry interface and interactive seminars on emerging technologies are arranged to provide wide-ranging exposure to students.
The Placement cell undertakes: -
Interaction with Industry experts.
Intensive interaction between the Placement Cell and the industry to acquire their placement needs
Identification of student’s strength in the area of specialization
Publication of Placement Brochure.
Pre-Placement talks by Industry representatives at the Institute.
Preparing students for Written Test. Group Discussion, & Personal Interview / or any other
selection Criteria /process through which the students will finally get to the employer.
15) What will happen in case there is some problem in computer during thefor Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA examination?
There will be enough buffer systems available in the examination center to take care of such problems and time lost in the change of system will be duly taken care of as each and every second will be recorded by the server.
16) Will I get a bank loan?
Candidates may like to directly approach various banks for educational loans. HBS has no role in arranging educational loans for the candidates.
17) In case of problem in computer etc will there be somebody to assist in Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA?
Yes, technically qualified people will be available at the center.
18) What is the Selection process for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA ?
Candidates who have appeared for HBSAT 2017 or furnished valid CAT/MAT/GMAT/XAT/NMAT/ATMA score and have applied to HBS will be shortlisted on the basis of information provided in the application form, HBSAT 2017 /CAT-2016 /MAT/GMAT/ATMA/XAT/NMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process. Group discussion, personal interview besides other qualitative parameters will constitute the core components of the final stage of the selection process.
The objective is to assess the candidate’s potential for a managerial career.
19) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the April week of June (onwards). You will have to log onto the HBSAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from the Offical website.
20) What is the fee structure for the programs at Hyderabad Business School in MBA?
HBSAT MBA Total Fee is Rs 6,60,780/-
21) What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA exam form ?
The candidate must have Hard copy of the filled-in form. Fee receipt detail Auto generated ID and Password.
22) Can a candidate apply for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA offline?
No, a candidate can apply only through online mode.
23) What will be the medium for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA Online examination?
The medium of examination is English.
24) What is the eligibility criteria for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA ?
Minimum three years Bachelor's or equivalent degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities / AICTE as eligible for Post-Graduate studies in management. Candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination can also apply.
Admission to the MBA program is based on the candidates' performance in Graduation, MAT test, Group Discussion, Personal Interview conducted at an all India level.
Candidates with CAT/XAT/JET/GMAT scores will be given preference.
Candidates may take HBS test in case they have not taken any other test.
25) What is the examination pattern of Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test-MBA?
The Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test - MBA exam pattern comprises of 5 sections viz. -
Communication & Business Aptitude
Total Questions - 20 questions from each section - 20*5 - 100 Questions
Test duration - 90 minutes
26) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
27) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
28) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for HBSAT MBA?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
29) Are there any breaks during the test?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
30) Will there be any negative marking?
Negative marking not specified.