Jul 09, 2017
Dec 01, 2017
Dec 17, 2017
Jan 07, 2018
How to Prepare for IBSAT MBA 2017
- Aspirants should focus on core quant topics and theory. Try and finish all the topics in the next two months. Thereafter, do not touch new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
- Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
- Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give them a try only if they are not very close.
- So focus IBSAT syllabus.
- Verbal ability section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. There’s no different strategy for VA section. Focus on basic grammar rules that you learnt during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections, because most competitive exams have similar syllabus. Do lot of reading from various sources. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy for MBA exams while preparing for verbal sections, because all the exams have similar syllabus.
- Finally, practicing past years' question papers as well as Mock Tests of various players are perhaps the best source for preparation. It provides opportunity to plug the loopholes in the preparation of entrance exam and one should give maximum importance to these question papers.
IBSAT MBA 2017 Important Instructions
- Ensure you have a valid email address, telephone number and address before you apply. These should be valid throughout the admission process.
- Keep the marks sheets of X, XII, Graduation and any other professional qualification ready for calculating percentage of marks.
- The percentage obtained is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the Board/University/Institution from where you will be graduating.
- If academic institutions offer grade point averages (GPA), they need to be converted into percentage score as per the conversion scheme of that institution.
- If an institution does not have a conversion scheme for GPA, the equivalence has to be calculated by dividing obtained Cumulative GPA (CGPA) by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying by 100.
IBSAT MBA FAQ
1) I wish to do MBA/PGPM/Ph.D (Full Time/Part Time) program at IBS? What is the Admission Process?
- All the students who wish to pursue MBA/PGPM/Ph.D program have to appear for IBSAT-2016 scheduled in the month of December or can apply with a valid GMAT (onwards) / CAT / NMAT by GMAC TM score.
- The students who are shortlisted based on IBSAT / GMAT (from onwards) / CAT / NMAT by GMACTM score will be called for selection process at IBS Hyderabad.
- MBA / PGPM: 17 – 26 February, 2017
- Ph.D applicants: IBS Alumni/M.Phil degree holders/candidates qualified in UGC Net are exempted from IBSAT. These candidates have to submit the relevant certificates for verification.
2) Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (IBSAT Bulletin)?
- Application Voucher (IBSAT Bulletin) may be purchased either through Online or Offline mode as follows. The cost of the Application Voucher (IBSAT Bulletin) is Rs 1800/-
- Online registration for the programs is available on :- (www.admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat/registration).
- After successful transaction, candidates will receive a mail with details of application number and password.
Offline Application Vouchers are available at
- IBS Marketing Branches - For nearest branches you may visit the website :- (http://www.ibsindia.org/contact_us/).
- On purchase of Application Voucher you will receive a scratch card containing application number and password.
3) What is the eligibility criterion for IBSAT ?
- Graduation (any discipline) with 50% and above marks (as calculated by respective University) with medium of instruction as English.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May
4) What is the procedure after the purchase of Application Voucher (IBSAT Bulletin)?
- Candidates have to download the instructions for filling the online application form.The application guidelines are available on the Official Website.
- Candidates have to log in with application number as login id and password using the Official link and fill the application form.
- For Offline applicants, the application number and the password are available on the scratch card.
- For Online applicants, upon successful payment (Rs.1800), candidates will receive a mail giving details of application number and password.
- IBSAT Bulletin will be dispatched to the candidates within seven days from the date of filling the online application form.
5) In case of queries on MBA / PGPM program whom do I contact?
For any queries on MBA / PGPM, you may contact on the following address, email and telephone numbers:
IBS Admissions Office
Plot no 65, Ground Floor, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta
Hyderabad - 500 082, Telangana, India.
Phone: + 91-40-2344 0963;
Toll Free No: 1800 425 55 66 77
6) How will the candidates be selected?
The shortlisted candidates will have to participate in the IBS selection process, which will be done in following stages:
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
7) Where can I get information on Programs and Admission Process of IBS?
- The details are available on the website.
- On filling the online application, you will receive a copy of the IBSAT bulletin containing all the details about the institution, programs and processes. It will be sent within seven days from the date of filling the online application form.
8) My result for CAT/GMAT/NMAT will be announced in January , can I still apply?
Yes, the candidate will have to apply before January 31. However, such candidates can update their score online on or before January 31.
9) What should be the size and resolution of photograph to be uploaded in the application form?
- The candidates must upload a color photograph- full face till the shoulders in JPEG and GIF format.
- The size of photograph should not exceed 25 KB and should be approximately 140-160 pixels.
10) Is IBSAT a common entrance for all programs of IBS?
IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to the following Programs:
- 2year MBA program at IBS Hyderabad.
- 4year Ph. D program (Full Time) at IBS Hyderabad.
- 4year Ph. D program (Part Time) at IBS Hyderabad.
- 2year PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) at 6 IBS campuses Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
- 2 Year MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur.
11) What is the fee structure for the programs at IBS?
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
- The candidates selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be awarded fee concession of Rs.50,000. The fee concession will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce a domicile certificate from the Tahsildar / MRO / Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
12) Is there any management quota of seats available?
There is no management quota or NRI quota.
13) I have the scores of NMAT by GMAC™, can I apply for admission in IBS?
Yes, Apart from IBSAT entrance examination, students can get admission in IBS through CAT/GMAT/NMAT by GMAC scores.
14) I am in the final year of my graduation, can I apply for IBSAT ?
Applicants in the final year of graduation can also apply. They must ensure that they submit their graduation requirements (including practical examinations/viva/assignments) before May 31. The admission of such candidates will remain provisional until they submit their mark sheets and degree certificates to prove their eligibility.
15) What is the last date to apply for IBSAT ?
The last date to apply for IBSAT 2016 is first week of December.
16) What will be the mode of IBSAT examination and what will be the duration of exam?
IBSAT is a computer based test. It will be of 2 hours duration.
17) Is there any financial assistance for IBS Programs?
The candidates selected for IBS Programs avail educational loans from Public / Private Sector Banks. The maximum loan amount provided by the bank is Rs.10 to 15 Lakhs for programs in India. The loan amount will be disbursed by the bank as per the fee schedule.
The list of banks where the students have availed educational loans in the past are:-
Private Sector Banks & Financial Institutions:-
2.CREDILLA Financial Services
3.AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
Public Sector Banks:-
A.State Bank of India
B.Punjab National Bank
D.Oriental Bank of Commerce
E.Bank of Baroda
G. Central Bank of India
H.State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
I.State Bank of Hyderabad
J.Bank of Maharashtra
K.Bank of India
18) Will the students be provided with the Laptops?
No, Laptops are not provided to students. The students are expected to bring their own Laptops when reporting at the campus.
19) When is IBSAT held?
The IBSAT computer based test will be held from Second week of December to Last week of December.
20) What will be the exam structure of IBSAT?
The IBSAT entrance examination will have four sections, which are as follow –
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation
21) Is there any minimum percentile needed to appear for IBSAT ?
A candidate should have a graduation degree, passed with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English.
22) When will I get my IBSAT Admit Card?
The date for issuance of the admit card is yet to be announced. The admit card will be issued in the 2nd week of December .
23) If I have scored less than 50% in my graduation; am I eligible for the test?
No. If you have less than 50% marks in graduation then you are not eligible to write IBSAT.
24) When will the result of IBSAT be declared?
The IBSAT result will be declared on first week of January .
25) What is Selection Briefings?
The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to provide the candidate an insight into Programs and processes at IBS. Selection Briefings will be conducted at 40 locations from January 20 – January 30.
26) Is hostel accommodation available for the students?
Hostel facility is not available at IBS campuses (except at IBS Hyderabad). However campus administration will assist the students in getting a suitable off campus accommodation near by the campus. The living expenses in these cities vary from Rs 5,000 – Rs 10,000 per month.
At IBS Hyderabad:-
- The MBA program: Residential program. The students will be allotted non-A/c Single rooms with common wash room facility. The accommodation and mess expenses have to be borne by the student.
- Ph.D (Full Time): Single accommodation will be provided. Married students may opt to stay outside the campus.
27) Am I eligible to appear for IBSAT, if I have completed my graduation in Hindi medium?
The candidates who have completed their graduation in Hindi medium will be required to submit the TOEFL/NELT/IELTS scores by May 31, to be considered eligible for examination.
28) What does the selection process comprises of?
The selection process comprises of the following stages: Registration Briefing Group Discussion Personal interview .
29) In cases of any queries or assistance with bank loans you may contact?
Dr. P Venkateswarlu
Financial Aid Cell
30) When is the selection process conducted?
- Selection process for the MBA / PGPM Program will be conducted at Hyderabad campus from February 17–26, .
- Selection process for the Ph.D Program will be conducted at Hyderabad campus from March 18-20.
31) In case of queries on Ph.D Program whom do I contact?
For any queries on Ph.D Program, you may contact the following person:
Dr. Sindhuja Menon