Jul 01, 2017
Aug 06, 2017
Aug 20, 2017
Sep 24, 2017
How to Prepare for IGNOU OPENMAT 2017
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on the basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many an exam has reasoning questions with double weight age. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learned during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections because most competitive exams have a similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
1) In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
2) Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
3) Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
1. Who is who
2. What is what
3. Science scan
4. Human body
6. Landmarks of history
7. The Universe
IGNOU OPENMAT 2017 Important Instructions
- Candidates need to send the fresh application to Regional Centre with necessary testimonials, fee, and identity card.
- Candidates must note that there is no request of changing your mailing address will be entertained by the authority till the admission process gets finished.
- Incomplete applications/applications received after the notified deadline, are liable to be rejected by the authority.
- Handbook and prospectus will be only applicable to candidates staying in India.
- Candidates to submit requisite as proof of their eligibility.
- Candidates should be very carefully while choosing courses for study in each semester. A program once opted should not be repeated. Making the change in an option of a course is allowed.
IGNOU OPENMAT FAQ
1) I am an MBA student of IGNOU working in a multinational company. My office has asked for the reference of the notification related to the recognition of IGNOU MBA by AICTE.
Notification F.No.AICTE/Academic/MOU-DEC/2005 dated May 13, 2005 issued by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, regarding recognition of IGNOU’s MBA and MCA Programmes.
2) Tell me something about IGNOU?
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
3) Where can I obtain OPEN MAT Application?
Download Application Form from the official site.
4) What if I forget to take printout of Online Application Form after submission?
You will have to revisit the website, enter your registration details to preview the application form, and then download/print the form.
5) Are MBA and MCA Programmes offered by IGNOU recognised by AICTE?
Yes, they are. Please refer to Notification F. No. AICTE/Academic / MOU – DEC / 2005 dated May 13, 2005 issued by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, regarding recognition of IGNOU’s MBA and MCA Programmes.
6) What should I do after submitting online application ?
After submitting the online application, the applicant is required to submit following documents along with the computer generated Control No. to the concerned Regional Centre on a before the last date.
- Print out of the filled online admission form with photograph affixed and duly signed.
- Demand Draft/Cash Challan for the programme fee/ fee for the first year/semester and have written your name, programme code and online Control No. on the reverse. The Demand Draft should in favour of IGNOU and payable at the city of the Regional Centre opted.
- Attested copies of certificates in support of your educational qualification(s).
- Experience certificate where required.
- Category certificate for SC/ST/PH/Minority candidates.
- Age certificate wherever required.
7) Can a student who is a drop out from another University in subsequent years complete the program from IGNOU?
A dropout student of another University can complete the program by taking admission in the respective program of IGNOU and then seek examination / credit transfer for the courses completed by her or him from the parent University.
8) How many times the University conducts the examination in a year?
OPENMAT Entrance Examination is held twice a year most probably in the month of February and August.
9) What is the fee Amount & Mode of the Payment?
- The amount of fee to be paid along with this form is Rs. 1000/-.
- In case the form has been downloaded from the website, a demand draft of ` 1050/- drawn in favour of IGNOU, payable at New Delhi has to be sent along with OPENMAT form. Prospectus will be sent to such candidates after receipt of the form along with the demand draft.
- The fee submission could be done via Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi. Please send your Application Form for Entrance Test (OPENMAT) FORM-1 by Registered/Speed Post at the following address:
Registrar, SED, Block 12
IGNOU, Maidan Garhi
New Delhi - 110068
- Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
10) Is programme fee refundable?
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. It is also not adjustable against any other programme of this university. However, in case where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of registration fee through a/c payee cheque only.
11) What if PIN Code is not available?
As PIN Code is mandatory, if in case you do not have PIN Code then please fill 000000 (6 times zero) in the field code.
12) What is the mode of conduction of IGNOU-OPEN-MAT Exam?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
13) What is an auto generated Control Number?
An auto generated Control Number is allotted provisionally after submission of online application form.
14) When is it conducted?
It is usually conducted in the months of February and August.
This year, the entrance test is being conducted on 5 February 2017.
15) What will be the medium of examination?
Medium of examination is English.
16) What are the various Eligibility Norms of IGNOU-OPEN-MAT Programme?
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline under at least (10+2+3) pattern or equivalent.
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks for general category/ 45% for reserved category as per Government of India rules, with 3 years’ managerial/ supervisory/ professional experience. OR
- Professional Degree with 50% marks in:Engineering/ Medicine/ Chartered Accountancy (ICAI)/ Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWA)/ Company Secretary (ICSI)/ Law.
17) What is the maximum time limit for completion of the MBA ?
18) When are IGNOU-OPEN-MAT Results Out?
Results will be available on the website within 6-7 weeks from the exam date.
19) Is it possible to appear in counselling without qualifying this EXAM ?
No. Only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for further processes.
20) Can I pay fee for DTS programme in installments ?
No. IGNOU does not provide facility of payment of fees in instalments. However, for several programmes like MBA, MCA, BCA, payment is to be made semester-wise.
21) Do you have facility of on demand examination?
As of now there is a facility for about 135 courses covering 50 programmes. Under this scheme, a learner can be permitted to appear for the examination only after completion of the minimum required study period. For example, the said period for a diploma programme is one year. Therefore one cannot be allowed to appear for the examination before one year has elapsed after one’s taking admission into the programme.
22) How to download the Cash Challan?
You will be able to find the link for the same in the application stages of the process on the official website of the university.
23) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Test date
- Test City & Centre address
- User ID / Registration Number
- PWD/DA status
24) What will be the exam structure of IGNOU-OPEN-MAT ?
- OPENMAT exams usually have the same pattern every year.
- There will be a total of 200 Multiple Choice Questions which you will have to complete in 3 hours time.
- The questions are divided into four sections.
- The number of questions in each section are as follows –
No. of Questions
25) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
26) Will there be any negative marking?
- There shall be no negative marking.
- For each correct answer, the candidates will be awarded with 1 mark.
27) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No, you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
28) For how long is the IGNOU-OPEN-MAT score valid?
The IGNOU-OPEN-MAT score is valid for just one year.
29) When will I get the Score card?
The candidates will receive the score card after the 6-7 Weeks of the test.
30) Is it necessary to carry original mark sheet of Qualifying examination or marks will be verified from photocopy of mark-sheet?
No. It’s necessary to carry original mark sheet of qualifying examination. Marks will be verified from the original mark sheet only. You must produce original mark sheet at the time document verification.
31) What is the fee structure for the programs at IGNOU-OPEN-MAT?
IGNOU-OPEN-MAT Course Fee: Rs. 31,500
32) I’ve lost my admit card . What should I do now?
You won’t be allowed to proceed to the process of document verification without admit card, so download your duplicate admit card from the official web page. If you find any difficulty, then contact Document Verification (DV) Center & Choice Locking Center (CC) Center In-charge.
33) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on IGNOU-OPEN-MAT University website.