Jul 15, 2017
Nov 11, 2017
Nov 26, 2017
Jan 05, 2018
How to Prepare for IIFT 2017
- Aspirants should focus on core quant topics and theory. Try and finish all the topics in the next two months. Thereafter, do not touch new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/ non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
- Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
- Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give them a try only if they are not very close.
- Logical reasoning is comparatively more difficult to solve than Quant and Data Interpretation in the exam. We can expect a similar pattern in the exam.
- While revising GENERAL AWARENESS, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on static topics.
- Except for the section on General Awareness, all the other sections of the exam get well covered with a good preparation for IIFT. However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed the exam. Some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
- For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
- Also, in the various issues of MBA Education & Careers magazine, focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle (this feature captures important tidbits).
- In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
- Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
- Who is who
- What is what
- Science scan
- Human body
- Landmarks of history
- The Universe
- While preparing for this section, a student should focus on issues related to National & International Events, World Bodies, and Foreign Trade related information.
- Finally, practicing past years' question papers as well as Mock Tests of various players are perhaps the best source for preparation. It provides opportunity to plug the loopholes in the preparation of entrance exam and one should give maximum importance to these question papers.
IIFT 2017 Important Instructions
- IIFT will not be responsible for postal delay or non-receipt of applications due to postal loss.
- Seats are reserved as per Government of India norms. The reservations are subject to candidates meeting the admission requirements of the Institute under this category.
- Application fee will not be refunded.
- Complete details of the programme are available at IIFT's website and the students can submit applications online by visiting the website and clicking the ADMISSIONS icon available on the homepage.
- Students are advised to quote the Serial Number of the Application Form in all correspondence with the Institute.
- All disputes would be subject to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts ONLY. Incomplete applications in any manner (either for Application Forms or filled-in applications) and those received after the prescribed date SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
1) What is the MBA (IB) Programme?
The MBA (IB) is a general management course with special emphasis on International Business. This means, besides doing a general MBA (as is done in other B-Schools), IIFT students are exposed to the international perspectives of various subjects by virtue if their doing courses like international marketing, international finance, international strategy and international brand management.
2) What are the specializations offered in the MBA (IB) Programme at IIFT?
The first year, consisting of three trimesters, is a core course which encompasses all the basic functional areas of management. In the third trimester students are taught the nuances of international aspects of these functional areas. The second year is when students get to choose their preferred area of specialization viz. marketing, finance, trading or systems and IT.
3) Is there an entrance examination to get admission in IIFT? If yes, what is the date and time of examination?
Yes, there is an entrance examination popularly named as IIFT, which will be held on Sunday, November 27, 2016. The duration of examination is 2 hours from 10:00am to 12:00 noon.
4) How can I register for IIFT Examination?
- Candidates need to register for IIFT examination. Candidates can apply in both Online and Offline mode.
- For online, candidates need to visit the page accessing the IIFT application form .
- Candidate must follow the instructions before applying and choose the category and fill the basic details.
- An application number will be allocated to the candidate, which should be noted. With that generated application number, the candidate need to login with a password and follow the instructions.
- While registering for test candidates need to pay the application fee. For Offline registration, candidates can buy, fill and submit the form at IIFT, Delhi campus.
5) What is the amount of application fee?
- The cost of prospectus and application form is one-time payment and it is mandatory for all the candidate to pay the application fee.
- The application form will not process further without the payment of application fee.
- The amount to be paid for fees is as follows: Application Fee (General Category): Rs. 1500/- Application Fee(SC/ST/PH): Rs. 775/-.
6) What are the modes of payment?
- Payments can be done in both Online and Offline mode.
- Payment Mode:-
- Online Payment:-Payers can pay through VISA/Master Credit/Debit cards.
- Offline Payment:-
- Cash– Applicants can pay at any of the IIFT campus(Delhi & Kolkata)·
- Demand Draft– Candidate can pay through DD in favor of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, payable at New Delhi.Candidate who have paid through DD are advised to retain a photocopy for future reference. While paying for the application forms, candidates need to bring/attach the requisite Category Certificate along with application form.
7) Can I modify the data once I submit the application form?
No, data cannot be modified once it is submitted. For any urgent modifications, send a mail from your registered mail id mentioning your full name, application form no. and the details to be edited.
8) Which are the exam centres for IIFT examination to be held?
The test will be held in major cities of the country. The institute will preferably try to allot the test city filled in by the candidate in the application form. All the details of test cities with address will be provided in the admit card. Given below are some of the IIFT test cities , where the IIFT will be scheduled.
- Nagpur and
9) Can I change my examination centre?
To change the examination centre, candidate is required to send a written request duly signed by the candidate with a DD of Rs. 550/-in favor of “Indian Institute of Foreign Trade” payable at New Delhi. The request must be sent on or before November 4, 2016.
10) What is the eligibility criterion for IIFT ?
- Candidate should have obtained recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration.
- Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to proof of prerequisite qualification by October 7, 2017.
- No age limit.
11) What will be the mode of admission for IIFT ?
The admission test will be multiple choices objective type written test (in English). The exam pattern for IIFT examination consists of four following sections:
b)General Knowledge & Awareness
12) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit Card will be send to all the candidates by post, who would have submitted the filled-in application form in all respects (online and offline), in the second week of November . Candidates who will not receive their Admit Card by November 15 can download the Admit Card from the link given below.
13) How can I prepare for IIFT entrance examination?
Bit similar except of General Knowledge. Main focus criteria will be speed mathematics as the mathematical section containing the Data Interpretation is very much calculative intensive.
14) Apart from the admit card, which all documents are required to be carried by the candidate on the exam day?
With their Admit card candidate should reach the venue of the exam centre on November 27 latest by 09:00am with any of the following document, for appearing in the exam.
- Election I-card
- College I-card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
15) Is there any reservation available at IIFT?
Yes. Reservation is applicable in the admission process for SC/ST/OBC and Physically Handicapped category candidates as per the Government of India rules.
16) What will happen to the allocated seats if I fail in the Bachelor’s degree examination?
Candidate who joins the Programme on provisional basis but cannot qualify in Bachelor’s degree examination is liable to be cancelled instantaneously. Such candidate should immediately inform the institute on declaration of his/her results. Admission of candidate will be cancelled on 07th October , if they do not inform the institute about such situation.
17) When the IIFT Result will come?
You can check the IIFT Result tentatively in second week of December 2016. Last year the result was declared on December 15.
18) How the seats will be allotted to the candidates after IIFT examination?
The admission process for IIFT is categorized in two stages:
Stage 1- Short Listing of Candidate: After IIFT examination, candidates will be short listed on the basis of marks obtained in IIFT examination.
Stage 2- Final Selection: After short listing, candidates will be called for Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview to be held in January/February . The IIFT GD/PI will be held at Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
19) What is the fee structure for MBA (IB) course in IIFT campus?
IIFT is offering MBA (IB) in two of its campuses, which are in Delhi and Kolkata. The detailed fee structure for IIFT Delhi is given below:
1 Tuition Fee :-Rs. 7,60,000/-
2 Hostel Fee:-
- Rs. 47,000/- (Triple Occupancy)·
- Rs. 57,000/- (Double Occupancy).
Note:-***SC/ST/PH Category will be given 50% concession in tuition fee.
20) What are the numbers of seat offered by IIFT Campus? Is there any reservation provision for admission?
The number of seats offered by the IIFT Delhi & Kolkata are:
1.IIFT Delhi- 220 seats
2.IIFT Kolkata- 140 seats Seats are reserved as per Government of India rules.
The reservations are subjected to the candidates meeting the admission requirements of the Institute under various reserved categories.
21) Who were the recruiters of IIFT batch?
Every year packages offered to the candidate lies between Rs. 12 to 20 Lakh per annum. In 2016, four students of IIFT were offered more than Rs. 1 crore salary packages. All the students of Delhi and Kolkata campuses were placed in 75 companies. The highest domestic salary package was of Rs. 29 lakh per annum and overall average salary was Rs. 18.01 lakh per annum. Candidates of IIFT get the jobs in different posts including International Marketing, Derivatives Trading, Investment Banking, Sales & Marketing etc. The main recruiters of 2016 were Wipro, Trident, Airtel, Axis Bank, Swiss Singapore, Synergy Consulting Inc, Tata Steel, Vodafone and many more.
22) Is the IB course fully residential?
Yes. The institute provides fully furnished accommodation on campus for all students. Needless to say, IIFT boasts of world class infrastructure that any B-School can provide.
23) How are the placements?
Every year the Institute boasts of 100% placements. In 2009, the institute was the first amongst all the major business schools in the country to complete 100% placements in spite of the recessionary situation. The 2010 final placements saw a 53% rise in the average salary levels with 100% placements as usual.
24) What is the scope for industry interface?
Industry interface at IIFT happens through seminars, conferences, corporate interactions and guest lectures. IIFT organizes seminars and conferences all through the year, recent events being the National Marketing Symposium on “Consumer Retention Route to Enhancing ROMI” in August 2010, and IIFT-NASSCOM National IT Symposium on “India 2015: Leveraging IT for Growth” in September 2010 in Delhi. The Corporate Interactions are held on a regular basis, and have included Ms. Naina Lal Kidwai, HSBC, Mr. Som Mittal, NASSCOM, Mr. Venu Srinivasan , TVS Motors and Mr. Sanjeev Aggarwal, Daksh, to name a few eminent guests. Guest lectures by eminent corporate personalities are also held for specific courses. All the above events, besides giving the students a lifetime opportunity of interacting with the leaders of business, also instill in them a great sense of inspiration and motivation. In addition, IIFT also organizes its Annual Management Festival “Quo Vadis” each November, which draws treme .
25) What are the co-curricular activities at IIFT?
IIFT comprises of 6 clubs viz. Cashonova (the finance club), Brandwagon (the marketing club), Blash (the trading club), Socrates (the consulting club) and Systemix (the business technology and telecom club). Besides these, the Corporate Relations Committee functions on bringing in eminent people from the corporate world for interactions with the students on a regular basis. The functioning of all the above clubs are coordinated by the apex student body of IIFT, the International Management Forum, popularly known as the IMF. Also, true to its tradition of being a quizzing powerhouse, IIFT has, for the intellectually oriented, its own quiz club Quintessential. IIFT also aims at grooming socially-conscious business leaders, which is why the CSR club Koshish has a large number of enthusiastic and active members. Most recently the students, with encouragement from the administration, have also set up an Entrepreneurship Cell and the Africa Business Cell to adequately leverage the student .
26) Give us some information on the Student Exchange Programme.
IIFT has affiliations with more than 15 renowned foreign universities in Europe, Canada, Africa & Asia Pacific. Every year students are selected to take part in the exchange programs. This offers a very good opportunity to gain trans-cultural exposure. The basis of selection of students for the Exchange Programme varies and is typically specified by the concerned university.
27) What is the Port Visit all about?
All the students of the MBA (IB) programme are compulsorily required to undertake a Port Visit (sea port). The purpose of this visit is to enable students to gain a hands-on experience of the practical aspects of international trade and business. Besides visiting various offices such as the Port office, Customs Offices, EPZs, etc. students also get an opportunity to interact with the people at the front line. Students are free to choose the port of their choice to visit. Port visits are usually undertaken at Mumbai, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Cochin, Singapore or Dubai .
28) Is IIFT a center for foreign trade?
IIFT was established in the year 1963 with the purpose of conducting courses on foreign trade for the civil servants. Also IIFT has always been known as an excellent centre for research on WTO and other related issues. Over the years IIFT has evolved from being a centre of foreign trade to a complete business school that now rests on a tripod: the MBA (International Business) programme, Research and MDPs. Gone are the days when a company had to be domestically competitive to survive internationally. Today, a firm has to be internationally competitive to survive domestically. The distinction between the internal and the external sector is fast diminishing. The MBA (IB) programme offered at IIFT is an integrated course which was designed with utmost foresight, keeping in mind the requirements of the constantly evolving global economy.