Feb 14, 2016
Apr 17, 2016
May 29, 2016
How to Prepare for IPU CET Law 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
IPU CET Law 2016 Important Instructions
IPU CET Law FAQ
1) What is IPU CET?
Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) is a university level undergraduate engineering entrance exam conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). GGSIPU conducts the entrance test every year for admission to its undergraduate engineering courses at Indraprashta University and its participating institutes.
2) Who organizes IPU CET?
The IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university level examination organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
3) When are the application forms for IPU CET ( LAW) issued?
The application forms of IPU CET are issued mostly in the month of January.
4) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
The application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of Rs.1000/- plus service charge & taxes as applicable .
5) Which modes the payment can be done?
a)The mode of application is online.
b)The candiates need to log on to the official website and click on the link named "apply Online'.There,a detalied apllication form for the exam of IPUCET shall open that the candiates need to fill in. It shall ask the candidates to fill in the follwing details.
f)Date of Birth
i)Candidates must then submit the completed application form .
j)Then the candidates shall be required to pay the application fee by entering either through“E-Challan” or through “E-Payment ” option or by cash details.
k)After successfully submit application form take print out of it by given button.
l)Also, save it on your computer this is the proof of your filled application form Keep this form safe for future use.
6) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of April. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on second week of April.
7) If any mistake has happened while filling up the CET form, how can it be corrected?
In case of any mistake regarding DOB, spelling of names etc., the candidates need to submit an application in physical form at the Reception, Examination Branch, GGSIP University along with the applicable processing fee of Rs. 500/-. This application must be submitted within 5 working days of the last date of form submission together with the applicable fee. After this no request for any correction shall be entertained.
8) What should be done in case any payment has been made more than once?
Any additional payment will be refunded back to the candidates. In case of any non-payment of the due amount, applicants may visit University Help Desk.
9) Can I apply for more than one programme/ IPU CET?
Yes. However, a separate application form has to be filled for each programme having distinct CET Codes.
10) What is the procedure for admission in GGSIPU?
The admission in GGSIPU is on the basis of merit obtained in CET. The dates for inviting application for appearing in CET are advertised through newspaper and notifications uploaded on the University website.The process for issue of notification for inviting application for CET has commenced.Those who qualify CET are required to participate in the Counselling process for seeking admission, based on the candidate’s preferences and his/her merit in CET in the respective programmes given specific CET codes.
11) Do I need to submit any document if pursuing course through distance learning mode?
In case of students who have passed the qualifying examination through distance/ open education system of any recognized university/ board/institution, the necessary documentary evidence related to location of his/her study centre i.e. study centre proof, certificate from the university imparting open/distance education certifying the location of study centre must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
12) How to obtain the admit card of the exam?
The admit card may be obtained from the official website of the university.
13) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in IPU CET (LAW)?
- Candidate needs to have passed 10+2 board examination from a recognised institution with English as compulsory subject.
- The minimum marks required is 50% in the aggregate of the subjects studied in the 12th board examination.
14) What is the paper pattern of IPU CET ( LAW)?
- The IPU LLB entrance examination will be held in paper pen mode where candidates will have to answer as many as 150 questions carrying four marks each.
- The time allotted to finish the test will be 150 minutes as the university level LLB entrance exam will begin at 2:00 pm.
- GGSIPU follows a negative marking policy under which every wrong answer will lead to deduction of one mark from the total scored marks.
- Candidates will be required to answer a question with only one option among those given.
- Questions responded with more than one answer option will be liable for negative marking.
15) Who are eligible to be considered in Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Delhi, the admission is permissible under Delhi Region.
16) Who are eligible to be considered in Outside Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Outside Delhi, the admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Region.
17) I have a compartment/ supplementary/ER in my qualifying exam and the result of the same is still awaited. Am I eligible for admission?
The candidates, who have compartment/supplementary/E.R./Failed or they have applied for improvement of marks in any year duration of course/programme and result of the same has not been declared by the respective University/ Boards are eligible to take admission in any Course/Programme at this University .
18) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Yes,For Law programmes, where entry qualification is 12th pass, the upper age limit is 21 years.
19) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
20) Candidates having gap period in last qualifying exams are allowed or not for admission in the University?
Candidate having gap period may have to submit an undertaking.
21) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in IPU CET?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
22) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
23) When are the results of IPU CET ( LAW) declared?
The results of IPU CET ( LAW) are generally declared in the month of May.
24) Is there a rounding off of percentage marks in qualifying marks?
No, rounding off of percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if the candidate obtains 49.99% in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded off to 50%.
25) What are the criteria for reservation policy of University?
The reservation policy is uploaded in the Admission Brochure .
26) I am aware that admissions in GGSIPU are based on CET merit and one has to participate in the Counselling process.How do I know the dates for Counselling?
This year, University is conducting Online Counselling for 11 programmes. The details with names of the programmes and the schedule has been uploaded on the University website.Also, candidates may refer to the Offline Counselling schedule for counselling to be held manually/offline.
27) What is the process of Online allotment seat?
All the candidates who wish to seek admission through online process for the respective CET Codes for which Online Counselling is being held and should logon to website at the time of admission.
28) How many seats are reserved for Delhi and Outside Delhi Region?
Generally, 85% of the sanctioned intake shall be allocated for Delhi Region and 15% of the sanctioned intake shall be allocated for Outside Delhi Region. However, in case of Self Financing Institutes, sanctioned intake also includes 10% Management Quota seats (if offered). Certain institutes established by Central Govt. and Minority Institutions etc.; the reservation of seat will be as notified by the Statutory Bodies.
29) What documents are required at the time of counseling?
No documents are required for participating in the online allotment (Online Counselling) process. However, after allotment of seat,candidates will have to report for document verification at the University designated centres as notified.
30) Is it required to pay any registration fee for online counselling?
Yes, it is mandatory for the all CET qualified candidates to submit an Amount of Rs.1000/-(Rupees One Thousand only) (one time non refundable) as counselling participation fee for online counselling.
31) What are the modes of online payments for registration fees, counseling fees admission fees?
For Online admission procedure, the candidates will get two options of payment:-
1. Cash payment (Challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
2. Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.
32) Who is the final authority regarding reservation policy?
Final decision regarding reservation policy will be taken by the Government of NCT of Delhi and the same will be announced on the University website.