Jan 30, 2016
Apr 28, 2016
May 08, 2016
May 29, 2016
How to Prepare for IPUCET MBA 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
IPUCET MBA 2016 Important Instructions
- No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding declaration of results and commencement of counselling/ admission. Result will be declared on University Website (http://www.ipu.ac.in). Detailed schedule of first counselling/admissions will be notified prior to commencement of respective counselling, on the University Website (http://www.ipu.ac.in).
- The University will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who are declared as qualified in the CET. The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the number of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit. The rank of candidates who do not qualify in CET will not be declared.
- Applicants should retain a printout of the CET application form as proof of application.
- In all communications regarding submission of application or otherwise related to admissions, the copy of the application form must be submitted as otherwise the communication would be deemed incomplete and no processing would be performed on the communication, without any notice to the applicant.
- There will be no rounding-off of the percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
- The list of documents required shall be informed through the detailed counselling schedule as notified on the University website(http://ipu.ac.in).
- The candidates are advised to check their status with the help of the login id and password.
- Write the complete e-mail address and phone number in the form carefully. Please note that this e-mail address and phone number may be used by the University for future communication.
- The nomenclature of degrees to the admitted programmes of studies shall be as per the notification of the University Grants Commission for “Specification of Degrees”.
- No admitted student pursuing a programme of study from the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is allowed to pursue any other (2 nd or more) degree / diploma programme of study from any University including GGSIPU. If at any stage it found that an admitted student has registered for more than one programme of study in GGSIPU or any other University, the admission of such a candidate shall be cancelled from all programmes of studies of GGSIPU.
- All candidates desirous of seeking admission to any programme of study and/or any institution (including the University Schools of Studies) affiliated to the University, shall be bound by the conditions as laid down in this admission brochure; and the rules and regulations as enshrined in the University Act, Statutes, Ordinances, notifications and guidelines issued from time to time.
- For formats of self-declaration / affidavits / undertakings required at the time of admissions, all candidates are advised to see PART – B of the Admission Brochure.
- All admitted students to any programme / institution (affiliated institutions of the University and / or University Schools of Studies) and their parents/guardian shall have to give an affidavit/ undertaking for not indulging in any Ragging during the tenure of the student in the University.
- The guidelines specified in this admission brochure are without prejudice to any measures undertaken by the University in compliance of any law or directions of the Hon'ble Courts; or any directions / notifications of the Government of NCT of Delhi and / or Government of India.
IPUCET MBA FAQ
1) What is the procedure for admission in GGSIPU?
The admission in GGSIPU is on the basis of merit obtained in CET.
Those who qualify CET are required to participate in the Counselling process for seeking admission, based on the candidate’s preferences and his/her merit in CET in the respective programs given specific CET codes.
2) What is Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA examination?
The IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university-level examination organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This university organizes a series of CETs for admission in different courses. This exam is organized for admission in various UG and PG courses.
3) Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA examination is conducted by whom?
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is primarily through Common Entrance Tests (CET) conducted by the University.
4) How can I register for IPU-CET MBA examination?
Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for IPU-CET MBA . Applicants must check the IPU-CET MBA Important Dates in Website(http://www.ipu.ac.in/).
Aspirants can register for the test until 18th April 2017 (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after IPU-CET Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
5) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
The application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of Rs.750/- plus service charge & taxes as applicable from April, onwards.
6) Which modes the payment can be done?
The mode of application is online.
The candidates need to log on to the official website and click on the link named "apply Online'.There,a detailed application form for the exam of IPUCET shall open that the candidates need to fill in. It shall ask the candidates to fill in the following details.
Date of Birth
Candidates must then submit the completed application form .
Then the candidates shall be required to pay the application fee by entering either through“E-Challan” or through “E-Payment ” option or by cash details.
After successfully submit application form take print out of it by given button.
Also, save it on your computer this is the proof of your filled application form Keep this form safe for future use.
7) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on 7th May 2017.
Where will the exam centers be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted in 15 cities. The list of IPU-CET test centers can be obtained using the link given below:-(http://www.ipu.ac.in/admission2016/ADMBRO2016A290116.pdf).
8) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the IPU-CET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website :-http://www.ipu.ac.in/
9) What should be done in case any payment has been made more than once?
Any additional payment will be refunded back to the candidates. In a case of any non-payment of the due amount, applicants may visit University Help Desk.
10) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case, a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
11) Could I Submission of Application Form through Online?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through Online.
12) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
13) Is CET valid for all programmes?.
The merit of the CET will be valid only for the program for which the candidate has appeared and cannot be utilized for admission to any other program. Further, the merit of the CET shall be valid only for the Academic Session 2016-17.
14) Do I need to submit any document if pursuing course through distance learning mode?
In case of students who have passed the qualifying examination through
distance/ open education system of any recognized university/ board/institution, the necessary documentary evidence related to a location
of his/her study center i.e. study center proof, a certificate from the
university/board imparting open/distance education certifying the location of study center must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
15) Can I apply for more than one programme ?
Yes. However, you need to fill a separate application form for it.
16) What is the mode of conduction of IPU-CET (MBA) Exam?
Offline or Pen & paper based examination.
17) What will be the medium of Offline Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA examination?
The medium of examination is English.
18) What are the various Eligibility Norms of IPU_CET (MBA) Programme?
Any recognized Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology or any other subject with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Passed the Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
19) Who are eligible to be considered in Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Delhi, the admission is permissible under Delhi Region.
20) What is Exam Pattern for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA?
The written examinations conducted are OMR based in general unless specified otherwise.
For marking / writing on the OMR answer sheet , a black ball pen should (only) be used.
The IPUCET - Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (MBA) has following exam pattern -
English Language & Comprehension- (30%)
Numerical Ability- (30%)
General Awareness- (10%)
Reasoning ability including data interpretation- (30%)
Total Duration:- 2:30 Hours
21) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Candidate should not be beyond 36 years as on 01.08.2016.
22) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,There may be negative marking for every incorrect answer.
‘Incorrect answers will include Wrong answers' as well as "those which contain more than one answer to the question."
For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
The negative marking scheme of examination for a particular CET shall be specified in question booklet.
23) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
24) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
25) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA ?
Yes. Need-based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
26) Is there any Management Quota in University School of Studies /Govt. Institutes?
There is no Management Quota in University Schools and Govt. Institutes.
27) What is the requirement for seeking provisional admission for result awaited candidates?
The candidates are required to submit the proof of having fulfilled the eligibility as per the stipulated time notified in the Admission Brochure . They must also submit Undertaking/Self Declaration for seeking provisional admission in case the result of the qualifying examination is yet to be declared.
28) When are Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA Results Out?
Results will be available on 23rd May 2017 website(http://www.imu.edu.in/).
29) For how long is the Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA score valid?
The IPU-CET score is valid for just one year.
30) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on IPU-CET University website :-(http://www.ipu.ac.in/) .
31) Is Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
32) Do I require any documents to get registered on-line for admission after CET Result declaration?
Before filling the online application form, keep ready the following details
to fill in the appropriate fields.
1) Information filled in Online CET application form.
2) Payment through the following two options:
a) Cash payment by generating Fee Challan in any branch of Indian Bank.
b) Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
33) How do I get password for logging in?
After paying the Counselling Participation Fee of Rs 1,000/- during the process of online registration you will generate your own password. Candidates are advised to keep the password that they have created, confidential to them until the end of the counseling process. They can change the password after creating. Password is very important for participating in online process. Sharing of password can result in misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of genuine candidate from online process.
34) What is the refund policy of the University?
Refer to the admission brochure and notified later in the counseling schedule or in any circular on the University website.
35) schedule or in any circular on the University website What are the specializations offered at Indraprastha University in MBA ?
MBA: A 2 Year full-time Programme, with specialization in:-
Human Resource Management,
Systems & IT and
Global Business Management.
36) Is it required to pay any registration fee for online counselling?
Yes,it is mandatory for all CET qualified candidates to submit an amount
of Rs.1000/-(Rupees One Thousand only) (one time nonrefundable) as counseling participation fee for online counseling.
37) What is the Reservation seats in Indraprastha University ?
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel / Persons With Disability will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirement, irrespective of the fact whether there exists any reservation for any category of such candidates or not.
Relaxation of any kind will be granted to only those candidates, who are able to produce necessary relevant supporting documents as per the Admission Brochure before the Admission Officer present at the Venue of the Document Verification / Counselling /Admission. Therefore, for seeking these relaxation/s, necessary documents must be obtained in advance by all candidates from the Competent Authority as prescribed.
38) Who is the final authority regarding reservation policy?
Final decision regarding reservation policy will be taken by the Government of NCT of Delhi and the same will be announced on the
39) When will the online allotment process start for the year 2016-17?
The online schedule for registration, seat allotment and other details is available in University website (IP admissions.nic.in )and (ipu.ac.in.).
40) Do I have to report to any counseling centre for registration or choice filling?
No. online registration and choice filling can be done from place of
convenience(including from home) using the internet.
41) What is the process of Online allotment of seat?
The detail of Online allotment of seat is available in the Admission
Brochure 2017-18. All the candidates who wish to seek admission through online process for the respective CET Codes for which Online Counselling is being held and should logon to (http://www.ipuadmissions.nic.in )at the time of admission.