Jan 29, 2017
Apr 02, 2017
Apr 15, 2017
May 23, 2017
How to Prepare for IPUCET MBA 2017
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many a exam has reasoning questions with double weight age. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learnt during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections, because most competitive exams have similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
1) In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
2) Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
3) Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
1. Who is who
2. What is what
3. Science scan
4. Human body
6. Landmarks of history
7. The Universe
IPUCET MBA 2017 Important Instructions
The application forms shall be available in the online mode only from the Official Website of IPUCET.
The last date for applying shall not be extended for any program or program group for which a common entrance test is to be conducted by the University.
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Appearing for the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility
The applicants are advised that since the form filling as well as admit cards shall be made available through the online mode only, they must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe.
Applicants should be careful in choosing the CETs that they apply for, as no change would be permissible after the application has been submitted.
After the application for any CET is submitted, if there is mistake in date of birth, spelling mistake in name of applicants or the parent's name or in the choice of category claimed for the purpose of availing reservation, the applicant must submit an application in physical form to:
Reception, Examination Division, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
This application must be submitted before 3.00 PM of the Second week of April for CET .
- The Candidate should report at the Examination centre 30 minutes prior to the time of commencement of CET.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter in the Examination hall after the commencement of CET.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the prescribed time for CET is over.
- Candidate should leave Examination Hall only after handing over OMR answer sheet and test booklet to the Invigilator.
- If any candidate is found using any UNFAIR MEANS or does not observe discipline during conduct of the Common Entrance Test, the University will take necessary disciplinary action against such candidate(s).
- No candidate should carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except the admit card (without envelope) inside the examination hall. If the candidate is found to be copying or conversing with other candidate(s) or having in his/her possession papers, notes or books/ any electronic material with or without relevant text, he/she will be disqualified from taking the Test and the next one or two such Tests depending on the nature of offense. This shall be treated as the use of unfair means.
- Carrying of cell phone, pager, calculator pen or any other electronic gadgets to the Examination Centre is strictly prohibited. The University will neither make any arrangement for the safe custody of any of these items nor will be responsible for loss of any such item. Hence, the parents may counsel their wards for not carrying such items with them while going to respective examination centres for taking the CET. If the candidate is found in possession of such gadgets during the examination/test, it shall be treated as the use of unfair means.
- Candidates must not obtain or give or attempt to obtain or to give undesirable assistance of any kind during the Test, as it shall be treated as the use of unfair means.
- Any attempt to note down questions during the test or to take away pages from the Test Booklet will be viewed very seriously, and invite legal action. This shall be treated as the use of unfair means.
- Candidate shall maintain perfect silence during examination/CET; attend to their papers only. Any conversation, gesticulation or causing disturbance during the Test will be deemed to be an act of misbehavior and is, therefore, strictly prohibited. Also, if a candidate is found impersonating or using unfair means, he/she will be disqualified from taking the test.
- The decision in regard of usage of unfair means shall be taken by the University on the report of the centre superintendent of the test centre, on the recommendation of a constituted committee by the Controller of Examinations (Operations) of the University. The constitution of the committee shall be done by the Controller of Examinations (Operations).
IPUCET MBA FAQ
1) What is the procedure for admission in GGSIPU?
The admission in GGSIPU is on the basis of merit obtained in CET.
Those who qualify CET are required to participate in the Counselling process for seeking admission, based on the candidate’s preferences and his/her merit in CET in the respective programs given specific CET codes.
2) What is Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA examination?
The IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test) is a university-level examination organized by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. This university organizes a series of CETs for admission in different courses. This exam is organized for admission in various UG and PG courses.
3) Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA examination is conducted by whom?
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is primarily through Common Entrance Tests (CET) conducted by the University.
4) How can I register for IPU-CET MBA examination?
Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for IPU-CET MBA . Applicants must check the IPU-CET MBA Important Dates in Website(http://www.ipu.ac.in/).
Aspirants can register for the test until 18th April 2017 (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after IPU-CET Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
5) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
The application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of Rs.750/- plus service charge & taxes as applicable from April, onwards.
6) Which modes the payment can be done?
The mode of application is online.
The candidates need to log on to the official website and click on the link named "apply Online'.There,a detailed application form for the exam of IPUCET shall open that the candidates need to fill in. It shall ask the candidates to fill in the following details.
Date of Birth
Candidates must then submit the completed application form .
Then the candidates shall be required to pay the application fee by entering either through“E-Challan” or through “E-Payment ” option or by cash details.
After successfully submit application form take print out of it by given button.
Also, save it on your computer this is the proof of your filled application form Keep this form safe for future use.
7) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on 7th May 2017.
Where will the exam centers be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted in 15 cities. The list of IPU-CET test centers can be obtained using the link given below:-(http://www.ipu.ac.in/admission2016/ADMBRO2016A290116.pdf).
8) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the IPU-CET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website :-http://www.ipu.ac.in/
9) What should be done in case any payment has been made more than once?
Any additional payment will be refunded back to the candidates. In a case of any non-payment of the due amount, applicants may visit University Help Desk.
10) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case, a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final.
11) Could I Submission of Application Form through Online?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through Online.
12) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
13) Is CET valid for all programmes?.
The merit of the CET will be valid only for the program for which the candidate has appeared and cannot be utilized for admission to any other program. Further, the merit of the CET shall be valid only for the Academic Session 2016-17.
14) Do I need to submit any document if pursuing course through distance learning mode?
In case of students who have passed the qualifying examination through
distance/ open education system of any recognized university/ board/institution, the necessary documentary evidence related to a location
of his/her study center i.e. study center proof, a certificate from the
university/board imparting open/distance education certifying the location of study center must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
15) Can I apply for more than one programme ?
Yes. However, you need to fill a separate application form for it.
16) What is the mode of conduction of IPU-CET (MBA) Exam?
Offline or Pen & paper based examination.
17) What will be the medium of Offline Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA examination?
The medium of examination is English.
18) What are the various Eligibility Norms of IPU_CET (MBA) Programme?
Any recognized Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology or any other subject with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Passed the Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
19) Who are eligible to be considered in Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Delhi, the admission is permissible under Delhi Region.
20) What is Exam Pattern for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA?
The written examinations conducted are OMR based in general unless specified otherwise.
For marking / writing on the OMR answer sheet , a black ball pen should (only) be used.
The IPUCET - Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (MBA) has following exam pattern -
English Language & Comprehension- (30%)
Numerical Ability- (30%)
General Awareness- (10%)
Reasoning ability including data interpretation- (30%)
Total Duration:- 2:30 Hours
21) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
Candidate should not be beyond 36 years as on 01.08.2016.
22) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,There may be negative marking for every incorrect answer.
‘Incorrect answers will include Wrong answers' as well as "those which contain more than one answer to the question."
For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
The negative marking scheme of examination for a particular CET shall be specified in question booklet.
23) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
24) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
25) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA ?
Yes. Need-based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
26) Is there any Management Quota in University School of Studies /Govt. Institutes?
There is no Management Quota in University Schools and Govt. Institutes.
27) What is the requirement for seeking provisional admission for result awaited candidates?
The candidates are required to submit the proof of having fulfilled the eligibility as per the stipulated time notified in the Admission Brochure . They must also submit Undertaking/Self Declaration for seeking provisional admission in case the result of the qualifying examination is yet to be declared.
28) When are Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA Results Out?
Results will be available on 23rd May 2017 website(http://www.imu.edu.in/).
29) For how long is the Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA score valid?
The IPU-CET score is valid for just one year.
30) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on IPU-CET University website :-(http://www.ipu.ac.in/) .
31) Is Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPUCET)-MBA result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
32) Do I require any documents to get registered on-line for admission after CET Result declaration?
Before filling the online application form, keep ready the following details
to fill in the appropriate fields.
1) Information filled in Online CET application form.
2) Payment through the following two options:
a) Cash payment by generating Fee Challan in any branch of Indian Bank.
b) Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
33) How do I get password for logging in?
After paying the Counselling Participation Fee of Rs 1,000/- during the process of online registration you will generate your own password. Candidates are advised to keep the password that they have created, confidential to them until the end of the counseling process. They can change the password after creating. Password is very important for participating in online process. Sharing of password can result in misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of genuine candidate from online process.
34) What is the refund policy of the University?
Refer to the admission brochure and notified later in the counseling schedule or in any circular on the University website.
35) schedule or in any circular on the University website What are the specializations offered at Indraprastha University in MBA ?
MBA: A 2 Year full-time Programme, with specialization in:-
Human Resource Management,
Systems & IT and
Global Business Management.
36) Is it required to pay any registration fee for online counselling?
Yes,it is mandatory for all CET qualified candidates to submit an amount
of Rs.1000/-(Rupees One Thousand only) (one time nonrefundable) as counseling participation fee for online counseling.
37) What is the Reservation seats in Indraprastha University ?
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel / Persons With Disability will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirement, irrespective of the fact whether there exists any reservation for any category of such candidates or not.
Relaxation of any kind will be granted to only those candidates, who are able to produce necessary relevant supporting documents as per the Admission Brochure before the Admission Officer present at the Venue of the Document Verification / Counselling /Admission. Therefore, for seeking these relaxation/s, necessary documents must be obtained in advance by all candidates from the Competent Authority as prescribed.
38) Who is the final authority regarding reservation policy?
Final decision regarding reservation policy will be taken by the Government of NCT of Delhi and the same will be announced on the
39) When will the online allotment process start for the year 2016-17?
The online schedule for registration, seat allotment and other details is available in University website (IP admissions.nic.in )and (ipu.ac.in.).
40) Do I have to report to any counseling centre for registration or choice filling?
No. online registration and choice filling can be done from place of
convenience(including from home) using the internet.
41) What is the process of Online allotment of seat?
The detail of Online allotment of seat is available in the Admission
Brochure 2017-18. All the candidates who wish to seek admission through online process for the respective CET Codes for which Online Counselling is being held and should logon to (http://www.ipuadmissions.nic.in )at the time of admission.