Dec 13, 2015
Jun 05, 2016
Jun 15, 2016
How to Prepare for ITM University (NEST)-B.Tech. 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
ITM University (NEST)-B.Tech. 2016 Important Instructions
ITM University (NEST)-B.Tech. FAQ
1) Where is ITM University located?
ITM University located in Gwalior Which is under in the state of Madhya Pradesh, N.H.-75,Jhansi Road Gwalior,(M.P.) 474001.
2) How do I get to ITM University/Gwalior from my Hometown?
Gwalior is well connected by Train,road and air to all major cities of India,Indian Railway main tracks to Mumbai,Chennai,Hyderabad,Banglore,Indore,Pune etc.run along this part of Highway.
3) When did ITM University/Universe come into existence?
ITM Universe Gwalior has been established in 1997 by Samta lok Sansthan & ITM University Gwalior has been established under the State Act of Madhya Pradesh and 2(f) of UGC Act 1956.
4) Where can I find a Map giving ITM University location?
ITM University location can be sighted on Google Earth.
5) Where can I Obtain the application form?
- Go to the Official website of ITM University, Gwalior for online submission of application form.
- Students can download Application Form for free from the Official website of ITM University, Gwalior.
6) What is the mode of payment to deposit the fee?
The amount may be submitted in:-
Online Mode of Payment:
- Option 1: E-transfer using Credit Card/Debit Card (payment gateway)
- Option 2: Bank to Bank Credit Card/Debit Card (payment gateway)E-Transfer(Net Banking) .
Offline Mode of Payment:
- Option 1: Cash Deposit at the University Campus.
- Option 2: Demand Draft / Pay Order
Note:-Demand Draft / Pay Order
- An applicant can submit the Demand Draft or Pay Order drawn in favour of ITM University payable at Gwalior and must have applicants name, computer generated Registration ID .
- For Registration ID please check your E-mail account after finish registration process .
7) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Application Fee is Rs. 1000 .
8) How will I be contacted after filling up my application form?
- After filling up the application form, the student will have to seek payment options.
- After the fee is successfully received by ITM and all formalities are fulfilled, the student will be emailed their login details along with a greeting.
- Following which the student will be greeted by ITM’s support team for having successfully enrolled in the program.
- The student will also receive a welcome kit which will again reinforce the login details, printed brochures .
9) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of June. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on First week of June.
10) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from First week of June(onwards) . You will have to log onto the ITM website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
11) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted at Gwalior cities.
12) If I need information about admission details of all the procedures for applying to ITM University programmes, whom should I contact?
You can call the counseling cell of ITM University (0751-2440057/59/65,0751-3921000),ITM University also keeps advertising in all leading newspapers from time to time regarding admission to its varied programmes.You can visit also visit the official website for updates.
13) Is it absolutely necessary to register with an email id if one opts for online application?
YES. The email containing link to confirm your email-ID will only be sent to the registered email id. You should therefore use your personal email-id.
14) I have forgotten my password that I had given during registration. What should I do?
You can retrieve your password using the ‘Oops! I forgot my password’ link provided on the login page. This password can be retrieved maximum twice.
15) Who is eligible to appear in ITM University National Entrance & Scholarship Test (NEST)-B.tech?
Candidates should have done 10+2 in Science stream with Maths as subject scoring minimum 50% marks.
16) What is the exam pattern of ITM University National Entrance & Scholarship Test (NEST)-B.tech?
The paper of ITM University National Entrance & Scholarship Test (NEST)-MBA examination is of 90 min. duration (100 marks in total) for all programmers:
Part – A based on IT, English, GS.
Part-B based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
17) I have already completed one year of degree course? But now wish to join your university? Does ITM University has any provisions to accept transfer students?
Yes. If the student is eligible and fulfils the basic criteria, he / she may be given admission through the Lateral Entry Scheme.
18) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
19) I passed my XIIth board exam before 2016 but my date of birth is within eligible range. Am I eligible for admission?
YOU ARE NOT, UNFORTUNATELY. You need to satisfy all criteria of eligibility.
20) I did not have one subject among Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology in my XIIth board exam. Am I eligible?
Yes, you are eligible. Candidates are permitted to attempt as many subject-sections as they wish. However, only the best three subject-scores along with the score in the general section will be counted for evaluation and merit list preparation. However, if selected you will have to study all 4 subjects (B,C,M,P) in the first year only.
21) I have a gap of more than two years between my Xth and XIIth board?
Yes, you are eligible. Only XIIth passing year should be in 2015/ 2016.
22) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for ITM University (B.Tech)-2017?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for ITM University (B.Tech).
23) How am I Eligible for admission to B.Tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.tech. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
24) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
25) When the ITM University National Entrance & Scholarship Test (NEST)-B.Tech Result will come?
ITM University National Entrance & Scholarship Test (NEST)-B.tech results will be declared on Second week of June.
26) For how long is the ITM University National Entrance & Scholarship Test (NEST)-B.tech score valid?
The ITM University National Entrance & Scholarship Test (NEST)-B.tech score is valid for just one year.
27) Is ITM University National Entrance & Scholarship Test (NEST)-B.tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
28) What are the specializations offered at ITM University for B.Tech?
Various B.Tech branches offered by the ITM University are -
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Comm. Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering.
29) Is ITM University Approved by UGC? Is ITM courses approved by AICTE?
The University has the approval and recognition of all statutory national bodies, including the UGC. All echnical courses are approved by the AICTE, BCI, PCI, and NCTE.
30) Where should I report on my first day?
31) What are university rules for attendance?
75% attendance is compulsory for all students pursuing regular courses of study.
32) What is prescribed dress code for ITM University Students?
All schools have their own academic dress / uniform, details of which may be obtained from the concerned Departments. Students are expected to be neatly attired and in keeping it University norms.
33) Whom should I contact in matters related to hostel/Mess?
For any problems / queries related to the Hostel or Mess,u can contact with Hostel Warden/Estate officer.
34) What is the University role in the placement of students?
ITM University has an exclusive training augmentation & placement assistance cell to facilitate campus placements and jobs for the students. The placement cell imparts augmentation program in advanced & latest technologies and training in soft-skills, personality development, written and oral skills and about over all employment trends in both corporate and public sectors which results in mass recruitment of the trained students in the list of companies which regularly visit the university campus.