May 01, 2017
May 25, 2017
Jun 04, 2017
Jun 16, 2017
How to Prepare for JMI MBA 2017
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory.The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems.These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many a exam has reasoning questions with double weighage. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learnt during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections, because most competitive exams have similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
Who is who
What is what
Landmarks of history
JMI MBA 2017 Important Instructions
- Use Blue/Black ball point pen.
- Write your Roll No. at the appropriate place immediately after receiving the question paper.
- Candidates must submit the question paper and the OMR sheet before leaving the hall.
- Candidates are required to maintain decorum of the examination hall.
- Candidates must not use any unfair means in the examination. If any such thing is found during the course of the examination, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- Do not put any identification mark on question booklet and answer sheet.
JMI MBA FAQ
1) What is Jamia Milia-MBA examination?
Jamia Millia Islamia University has invited applications from various candidates to apply for its M.B.A(Master of Business Adminitsration) Programmes.Every Year Jamia will conducts the entrance test to provide admission to eligible candidates into various courses offered by the university. Now Jamia has released the admission aplication for entrance exam to offer admission to candidates into MBA Programme.
2) Jamia Milia-MBA examination is conducted by whom?
Jamia Milia MBA Examination is conducted by Jamia Millia Islamia University.
3) What are the various Eligibility Norms of Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA) Programme?
Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade.
4) How can I contact the Admission Office at Jamia Millia Islamia?
For admissions one may write to
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Ph. No. : +91 (11) 26981717
Fax : +91 (11) 26980229
5) Is there a central telephone number for enquiries?
One may contact at the telephone number +91 (11) 26981717.
6) How should I apply for Admissions to Jamia Millia Islamia? .
Every year the University advertises in national newspapers about the admissions to various courses. Similar information is also available on the website of Jamia.
7) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Application Fee is Rs. 700 .
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of JUNE. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on First week of June.
9) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No , you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
10) What is the mode of conduction of Jamia Millia Islamia MBA Exam?
Offline or Pen & paper based examination.
11) Do you run part-time courses?
The University offers the following part-time courses : Bachelor of Engg. (B.E.) in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication Engg. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) Bachelor of Library & Infor JAMIA MBAion Sciences MBA .
12) Which modes the payment can be done?
1.The fee may be paid either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking or through E-Challan generated during the filling up of form online. In case of E-Challan the fee may be paid in any of the branches of Indian Bank.
2.The Application Fee once received successfully at JMI’s end is non-refundable and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained.
3.The JMI shall only refund the Application Fee in cases of failed transactions identified at JMI’s end.
4.A candidate is allowed to submit only ONE form for each program/group of programs (With Combined Entrance Test). Multiple submissions of form for the same program by a candidate may cause rejection of his/her candidature.
5.In case of submission of Online form through Cyber Cafe, the candidate is also advised to get the form filled in his/her presence and provide his/her contact information such as email and mobile number wherever required.
13) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the Last week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the IMU-CET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website :-http://jmi.ac.in/.
14) Can a candidate apply for Jamia Millia Islamia-MBA Test offline?
Yes, a candidate can apply for Jamia Millia Islamia-MBA Test offline.
15) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through On line.
16) What is Exam Pattern for Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA) ?
- Jamia Millia Islamia University MBA Programme entrance test will be of 3 hrs duration.
- Entrance test will be an MCQ based examination.
- Entrance test will be consisted of 5 sections:-
- English Comprehension,
- Quantitative aptitude & Numerical ability,
- Data analysis & Sufficiency,
- Reasoning & General Intelligence and
- Current affairs & Economic issues.
- Total Duration: - 3 hours
17) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
18) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA) ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
19) What will happen in case there is some problem in computer during the Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA)examination?
There will be enough buffer systems available in the examination center to take care of such problems and time lost in change of system will be duly taken care of as each and every second will be recorded by the server.
20) When are Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA)Results Out?
Results will be available on the website Third week of June.
21) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.
22) Is Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
23) What courses does Jamia Millia Islamia offer?
Please See : mi.ac.in/studyatjamia/courseslist
24) Are distance-learning courses offered at Jamia Millia Islamia?
The University offers "Urdu Correspondence Course" as a distance learning course.
25) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to :
The Controller of Examinations,
Jamia Millia Islamia,
Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.
26) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
27) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
28) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,0.25 marks for the wrong answer.
29) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
30) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA)?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
31) When will I get the Score card?
The candidates will receive the score card in Third week of June.
32) What is the fee structure for the programs at Jamia Millia Islamia MBA?
Annual Tuition Fee- Rs. Rs. 23,710
33) What help is there for finding accommodation for staff and students?
The University has limited accommodation for the staff which is allotted as per the norms laid down by the University. However the University has a guest house where those coming for academic visits may stay for a short duration. For boys there are four hostels with limited number of seats and for girls there is only one hostel. In addition to this, there is one Working Women's Hostel also.
34) What conferences facilities are available in Jamia Millia Islamia?
The Jamia Millia Islamia has Dr. M. A. Ansari Auditorium with a capacity of more than 500 persons.
35) For how long is the Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA)score valid?
The Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA) score is valid for just one year.
36) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on Jamia Millia Islamia (MBA) University website :-(http://jmi.ac.in) .
37) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not allowed.
38) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test centre.
39) How can I become a member of the Alumni Association of Jamia?
You have to register yourself by submitting an application form given in the Alumni Web Page.
40) What will be the medium of Jamia Millia Islamia MBA examination?
Medium of examination is English.
41) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to: The Controller of Examinations, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025. Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.