Mar 01, 2017
Apr 30, 2017
May 07, 2017
May 29, 2017
How to Prepare for JAT 2017
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
JAT 2017 Important Instructions
1) On Successful registration, Your Application Number will be flashed on the screen. The candidates should note down the Application Number as same will be reqiured for future communication.
2) The candidate can deposit the Entrance Test Fee either Online (Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking) or Demand Draft(DD) in the any branch of the designated bank.For applicants submitting details on the Demand Draft, the completed form printout along with the Demand Draft must be sent to JGBS Admissions Office.
3) After submitting the online application, the applicants are requested to take printout of application form (it will be also mailed to the applicant's registered email address).
4) For applicants submitting details on the Demand Draft, the completed form printout along with the Demand Draft must be sent to JGBS Admissions Office.
5) You can check the status of your application on our website.
1) What is assessed in the Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT)?
The Jindal Global Business School Admission Test (JAT) is conducted to assess the candidate’s ability to cope with the 5-year Integrated BBA-MBA Programme.
2) Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) examination is conducted by whom?
Jindal Global Business School Admission Test is shortly known as JAT is conducted by Jindal Global University (JGU).
3) How do we apply for the JAT?
You have to apply online to appear for the JAT. The application form is available here ( http://www.jgbs.edu.in/bbaadmissions/) .
4) What is the fee to appear for the JAT?
The fee to appear for the JAT is Rs.3000/- (Indian Rupees Three Thousand Only) .
5) How do we make payment of the fee?
The candidate can make the payment online, demand draft. The demand draft has to be in the name of O.P. Jindal Global University payable at Sonipat.
6) Where do we send the demand draft?
The demand draft has to be sent to the following address by Speed post/Courier to:
Jindal Global Business School
Sonipat Narela Road Near Jagdishpur Village Sonipat Haryana – 131001. NCR of Delhi (India).
Ph: 1800-123-4343 | Fax: 91-130-3057888
The candidate has to mention his name, phone number, address and email id on an A4 size paper while sending the demand draft by courier/speed post.
7) How do we know whether our application has been received and accepted?
An email will be sent to you once we receive the payment to appear for the JAT.
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on 7th May 2017.
9) Where will the exam centers be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted at Sonipat city.
10) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the JGU website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from a website :-http://jgu.edu.in/.
11) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
12) If I got Blank/Zero Registration No after submission of Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) application form then what I should do?
It means that the application form has not been submitted successfully and you are required to apply afresh.
13) I have filled up the form successfully but now, can I change/correct the details as entered in the Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT)Application form?
No change can be made at this stage in the application form. However, if the time is still left for filing up the online application form, the applicant can resubmit corrected application with the prescribed fee. In this case, a new ID will be generated by the system. The fee paid previously will not be refunded. The latest application shall be treated as final
14) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No , you cannot make a spot registration on the day of the exam.
15) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes ,you can Submitted the Application Form through On-line.
16) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
17) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not allowed.
18) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test center.
19) Can I apply for more than one programme ?
Yes. However, you need to fill a separate application form for it.
20) What is the mode of conduction of Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) Exam?
Online or Computer based examination.
21) What will be the medium of Online Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) examination?
The medium of examination is English.
22) What are the various Eligibility Norms of Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) Programme?
A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 examination or equivalent.
23) What is Exam Pattern for Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) ?
Exam is divided into three sections
30 questions are asked based on Verbal Ability
30 questions are asked based on Logical Reasoning
30 questions are asked based on Quantitative Ability
Total Questions: 90
Total Duration: 90 minute
24) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
25) Will there be any negative marking?
No,There is no Negative Marking.
26) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
27) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
28) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) ?
Yes. Need-based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
29) When are Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) Results Out?
Results will be available on the website after 5 working days of the test.
30) When will I get the Score card?
The candidates will receive the score card after Two Weeks of the test.
31) For how long is the Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) score valid?
The JAT score is valid for just one year.
32) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on JAT University website :- (http://jgu.edu.in/JGBS/).
33) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the scorecard later.
34) Is Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
35) What is the fee structure for the programs at Jindal Global Business School Integrated BBA (Hons.)+MBA?
Annual Tuition Fee- Rs. 3,10,000
36) What are the placement status?
A placement cell which is tied up with various multinational and domestic companies to help students. Institute is committed to providing 100% job placement assistance to its full-time students after the completion of course. For placement, institute trains their students through personality development program, Group discussion, Mock interviews, assertiveness training, decision-making, survival skills, resume writing, interview skills, stress management and language competence these all things groomed students and make them ready for the business industry.
37) Do all students get hostel facilities?
Hostel Facility is Available to the desirous student, separately for boys and girls, on sharing accommodation with hygienic, nutritious and homely food.
38) Is the Campus wired for Internet?
Yes, it is Wi-Fi campus
39) What are the prohibitions on campus?
Prohibitions for Students are:
1) Smoking (JGU campus is 100% non-smoking zone);
2) Drug abuse;
3) Displaying pornographic materials;
4) Consumption of alcohol inside campus;
5) Keeping pets in a Hall of Residence;
6) Engaging in any act prohibited by the Code of Student Conduct;