Dec 01, 2015
Apr 03, 2016
Jun 30, 2016
How to Prepare for JEE(Main)-B.Arch./B. Planning 2016
Since it is an Architecture exam you need to be creative and artistic. Learn and practice how to sketch a 3D picture on a 2D medium.
An Architect should explore and try to learn from everything. You never know where you can find a beautiful building and at times, even an ugly building can be an inspiration. Learn not to make the mistakes that architect made. If you follow the above rules, the road to success is clear for you.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Solve Previous Years Papers
Solving previous years papers will provide you the idea of not only the type of questions but also the level of difficulty. This will also give you the opportunity to practice a lot.
Get it checked
Seeking help from knowledgeable persons is not a bad idea. Unless someone shows you your weak areas by pointing out the mistakes, practicing will only make you perfect in doing wrong things.
JEE(Main)-B.Arch./B. Planning 2016 Important Instructions
JEE(Main)-B.Arch./B. Planning FAQ
1) While fee payment, what a candidate can do if transaction failed for JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning)?
Always use internet explorer 6 or higher version to upload form in order to avoid problems. If any case, candidates will not receive the payment status of online transaction (by credit/debit card) is not communicated in real time then fee payment is not accomplished. Candidates have to fill the application fee again through online transaction or by e- challan in order to generate acknowledgement page. If the amount gets debited then it will refunded back within 07 to 10 days.
2) What mistakes cannot be corrected when the corrections will be allowed by the Board in JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning)?
Change in exam center, mode of exam from computer based to pen and paper based and change in date of computer based exam will not be normally allowed.
3) Will a candidate have a option to amend the mode of JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning) examination?
Yes, but a candidate can switch mode of examination from pen and paper examination to computer based examination only.
4) How will an NRI or a foreign student enters his/her mobile number for JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning)?
Such candidates can enter the mobile number against the field of landline number.
5) If a candidate forgets to mention his/her name on the Photograph, would the JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning) form be rejected?
No the form will not be rejected if it doesn’t have the Name of the candidate and date on which the photograph is taken and no correction is required in such a case.
6) What is the Eligibility Criteria for private candidates in JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning)?
As per Information Bulletin: The candidates who have cleared their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2013 or 2014; or the candidates who are ppearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam in 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE MAIN-2015. Candidates who cleared Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2012 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2016 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE MAIN-2015.
7) Is there any provision for students willing to attend for both the JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning) exams at different exam centers i.e. Paper -1 as Computer based (CBT) and Paper -2 as Pen and Paper based ?
As Paper-II is available in Pen & Paper mode only hence candidates have to select the center that has provision for both modes.
8) Why are there no sample papers for offline JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning) exams?
The mock test available on website is for all the candidates who have opted either for pen and paper based mode or computer based mode. However it is also for practice purpose and to give candidates look and feel of the Computer Based Examination (CBE). Questions from the previous years are uploaded on JEE (Main) website.
9) What if a candidate has no thumb for JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning)?
He/ she can upload impression of finger or foot thumb also and same should be applied on the attendance sheet during examination.
10) Whether the Hindi Medium JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning) paper will come in both the languages?
Yes, Hindi medium paper will be bilingual in English and Hindi medium.
11) While paying the fee, what a candidate can do in case of failed transaction for JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning)?
If the payment status of online transaction (by credit/debit card) is not communicated by payment gateway in real time then fee payment is not completed. After reconciliation if the amount is found debited, the same will be processed at payment gateway for refund. Candidates are required to pay the fees again either through online transaction or by e- challan and to download the acknowledgement page . Your amount will be refunded back within 7 to 10 days. Use internet explorer 6 or above.
12) What mistakes cannot be corrected during month of January 2016 when the corrections will be allowed by the Board?
Change in examination center, mode of examination from computer based to pen and paper based and change in date of computer based examination will not be normally allowed.
13) Will a candidate have a choice to change the mode of JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning) examination?
Yes, but a candidate can change mode of examination from pen and paper examination to computer based examination only.
14) What is eligibility for diploma students in JEE-Main 2016?
Yes, to appear in JEE (Advanced) a diploma holder can apply in JEE Main 2015 but his rank and score for JEE (Main) will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission in NITs and CFTIs through JEE (Main) channel.
15) There is no provision for students wishing to appear for both the JEE(Main)-(B.Arch./B.Planning) exams at different centers i.e Paper -1 be Computer based and Paper -2 being Pen and Paper based?
Since Paper-2 is only in offline mode, a student who is appearing for both the papers, paper 1 being online mode and paper 2 being offline mode will only get such centers that have facility for both the modes of examination. For example: Test centers for this could be PATNA: PEN & PAPER BASED and COMPUTER BASED. Two different roll no and separate admit cards cannot be issued to a candidate to appear at different centres for paper 1 and 2 separately.