Jul 01, 2017
Jul 20, 2017
Jul 23, 2017
Jul 28, 2017
How to Prepare for JEMAT 2017
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many a exam has reasoning questions with double wieghtage. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learnt during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections, because most competitive exams have similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
Who is who
What is what
Landmarks of history
JEMAT 2017 Important Instructions
Documents Required while reporting to the Test Centre:
- Admit Card
- Your latest coloured passport size photograph pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for
- Photo identity as specified in the How to Register for JEMAT
- Blue/ black ballpoint pen
- Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in calculators/ memory or any electronics gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall
- Occupy the seat allotted to you by verifying the seat number pasted on the desk and indicated in your Admit Card
- The test invigilator will check your Admit Card and ID proof
- The Test Booklet will be distributed just before the starting time of the test. You must ensure that the booklet is sealed. If the seal is found broken or tampered with, please bring this matter to the notice of the invigilator immediately
- The Test Invigilator will instruct you to open the seals of the Test Booklet and commence answering the test
- Check immediately that all the pages of the booklet are in order. In the rare event of the Test Booklet being defective, bring it to the notice of the invigilator immediately who will arrange for the replacement of Test Booklet if required Duration of the test is 120 minutes. You may attempt any section in any order
- You will not be allowed to leave the hall till the test is over and until the Invigilator has collected the answer OMR sheet and Question Booklet. The candidate will be allowed to leave the hall only after answering the OMR sheets and question booklets of all the candidates in the hall have been collected and accounted for
1) What is JEMAT?
Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT) is a state level exam conducted by the West Bengal University of Technology for taking admissions into different postgraduate management programs offered by various management institutes associated with the West Bengal University of Technology or MAKAUT.
2) Where can I get the application form for JEMAT?
You can download the application form from the official website of JEMAT.
3) What is the amount of the Demand Draft to be made and in what name should the DD to be entitled to?
The JEMAT examination fee is defined for all categories:
- General Category (without late fee): Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/OBC Category (without late fee): Rs. 400/-
- General Category (with late fee): Rs. 1000
- SC/ST/OBC Category (with late fee): Rs. 500
To make these payments, the DD should be drawn in favour of the West Bengal University of Technology payable at Kolkata.
4) What should I do if my photograph and signature are not getting uploaded? Can I upload the photograph and signature at a later stage?
The size of your photo should be between 20 KB and 100 KB and the signature size should be between 20 KB and 100 KB. The format of both Image & signature files must be in a JPG or JPEG.
To answer the latter part of the question, you have to upload the photo and signature at the time of application only. No requests will be entertained afterwards.
5) Will the University send my Admit Card by post?
No, you can download the JEMAT Admit Card from the website using your application number and password, which will be sent to your mobile no. / email ID at the time of online application.
6) What is the mode of written examination? Please suggest some selective book?
The written paper will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions and will be OMR based. There is no particular books per say. However, you can refer to "scheme of examination" page.
7) When is the JEMAT exam held?
usually, the JEMAT exam is held in the month of July.
8) How many times in a year is the the JEMAT entrance exam conducted?
The JEMAT entrance exam is conducted once a year in the month of July.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
You can get the Admit card for viewing and printing by the third week of July (onwards).
Steps to download JEMAT Admit Card:
- Go to the direct download link for WBUT JEMAT Admit Card
- Search for the latest news or advertisement board
- Find WBUT JEMAT Admit Card Download link
- Enter all the details asked on the page
- Your JEMAT 2017 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the details provided on the JEMAT Admit Card
- Download WBUT JEMAT Admit Card on your computer safely
- Take 2-3 print outs of the JEMAT Admit Card
10) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
WBUT JEMAT Admit Card is a very important document for all test takers and will play a vital role throughout the admission process. Therefore, it is important for test takers to ensure that all the information provided on the WB JEMAT Admit Card is correct and free from mistakes. Some of the key details one must check on WB JEMAT Hall Ticket are:
WB JEMAT Date & Time
WBJEMAT Test Centre
11) Which are the test centers for JEMAT?
Since the JEMAT exam is conducted in West Bengal only, these are some of the cities from where the tests can be given:
12) What is the eligibility criterion for JEMAT exam?
If you hold a Bachelor's degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Dental/ Agriculture or other professional courses from recognized universities, you are eligible to apply! In fact, if you are in your final year of graduation, you can still apply.
13) What is the paper pattern for JEMAT?
The JEMAT entrance exam is an objective type divided into 3 sections. The 3 sections are spread across:
- English (40 marks)
- Mathematics (40 marks)
- Logical Reasoning/ GK (20 marks)
14) What is the duration of the JEMAT entrance exam?
The duration of the JEMAT entrance exam is 2 hours.
15) Is there any negative marking for wrong answers in JEMAT?
No, There is no negative marking.
16) Can I apply for JEMAT even if I am not a permanent resident of West Bengal or if I did not pass the qualifying exam from West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT?
Yes, you can still apply for JEMAT. However, you need to ensure that you fulfil all eligibility criteria as directed by the organising body.
17) When are the JEMAT results out?
Usually, the JEMAT exam results are out within 10 working days from the date of exam.
18) What is the validity of a JEMAT score?
JEMAT test score is valid for one year.
19) Will the results be available online?
Yes, the JEMAT results will be out on the official WBUT.
20) Is the JEMAT result based on ranking or percentile?
JEMAT result is based on ranking.
21) What is the procedure of JEMAT Counseling?
If you have given the JEMAT and have managed a good score, this is the counselling process that you need to follow:
You have to attend the counselling process, which is conducted at the WBUT campus
The counselling process takes place as per your merit scale
The original educational certificate verification takes place in the counselling center
You must attend Group Discussion and personal interview, which carries 10% score
If eligible, you can choose the institution and location a per seat availability
22) What are the specializations offered at West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT?
WBUT/ MAKAUT offers following major specializations:
MBA in Marketing (MM)
MBA in Finance (FM)
MBA in Systems (SM)
MBA in Human Resource Management (HR)
MBA in Health Care Service Administration(HSA)
23) Should we deposit the original certificates on the day of counselling?
No. that's not necessary, but you have to produce all original certificates for scrutiny by the University.
24) Is West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT recognized by the UGC?
There are around 32 universities approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) in West Bengal state.
MAKAUT came into operation formally with the assumption of the office of the first Vice Chancellor on January 15, 2001 as a sequel to the promulgation of The West Bengal University of Technology Act, 2001, under West Bengal Act XV of 2000 passed by the West Bengal Legislature. The University started its academic programme, from July 16, 2001 following a notification from the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal dated June 15, 2001 through the affiliation of Engineering and Management Institutions / Colleges and has entered the eighth year of its functioning. MAKAUT is included in Section 2F and also in Section 12B of UGC and recipient of UGC Grant.
25) What are the scholarships available in the West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT?
The state government has introduced a new scholarship scheme named 'West Bengal Government Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme' for providing financial assistance to the poor but meritorious students of the Wet Bengal pursuing higher studies at various post-Madhyamik levels.
Meritorious students coming from poor families, who have a West Bengal domicile and have enrolled themselves in one of the State Govt., institutions or State Govt., aided institutions after passing out from the State Board/Council of Secondary/Higher Secondary Education or a State-aided University in West Bengal will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
26) What about placement facilities in West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT?
The placement cell of West Bengal University of Technology/ MAKAUT has been ranked as one of the top 12 technology schools in the eastern region of India by Infosys Ltd.