Apr 10, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
May 01, 2017
How to Prepare for KMAT MBA 2017
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of MBA course. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
KMAT MBA 2017 Important Instructions
1. candidate can buy application online (Rs. 750 + Service Tax) at our website (using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking facility) or The can submit the application using demand draft (DD) mode at our website(admissions.karunya.edu) [DD for Rs.750/- drawn in favor of The Registrar, Karunya University’ payable at ‘Coimbatore’].
2. The candidate will receive the Application Number and Passcode after making the payment through SMS / Email. With these details, they can submit the application online through our website.
3. The candidate can also buy the Hard copy application at Karunya University Campus, Jesus Calls Prayer Towers and Banks If bought the hard copy application, the candidate can fill the OMR sheet and post it to Karunya University or they can submit online application (through our website) using the pinmailer (available with the hard copy of application).
4. Scanned copies of Photograph and Signature are mandatory to apply online. Upon successful submission of online application, the candidate will receive a confirmation Email / SMS.
KMAT MBA FAQ
1) What is Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA)?
Karunya Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) MBA is an all India level admission exam. The test is conducted by Karunya University, Coimbatore in more than 58 locations across India. The students who admire to study undergraduate engineering degree course from Karunya University Business School, Tamil Nadu, then they need to qualify in the KMAT MBA exam.
2) How can I reach the Karunya University campus?
Check the map on the bottom of the Admissions Website for Driving Directions to Karunya University.
3) How to register for Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA)?
Apply online at http://admissions.karunya.edu/.
Application Fee Rs. 750 + Service Tax) at our website (using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking facility)
The can submit the application using demand draft (DD) mode at our website (admissions.karunya.edu) [DD for Rs.750/ drawn in favor of ‘The Registrar, Karunya University’ payable at ‘Coimbatore’].
4) What is the address to send the form and DD in case of DD mode of fee remission?
Candidates applying through DD, need to send the original DD (Application form fee of Rs. 750) to the Admissions Officer, Karunya University, Coimbatore – 641 114 by Speed Post/Registered Post with their Name, Application Number, and the course opted at the backside.
5) What is the last date for registering for Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA)?
The last date for registering for Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) exam is April.
6) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted at Coimbatore .
7) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of April. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on Last week of April.
8) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from April (Onwards). You will have to log onto the KMAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
9) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
10) Do I need to apply for individual University separately?
Yes, you will have to apply for each institute separately as per your preferences.
11) Is it an online exam ?
Yes, it is an online exam.
12) What is the eligiblity criteria for Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA)?
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized University.
Preference will be given to candidates who have work experience and have scored more than 60% in their qualifying exam.
Final Year Degree students may also apply, subject to completion of the degree requirements with the minimum of 50% marks.
For MBA programs, the admission is based on CAT / MAT / XAT score. (Minimum MAT Score - 400 (Or) CAT / XAT - 50 percentile or based on KMAT score.
13) What is the examination pattern of Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) ?
Karunya Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)- MBA is an objective type examination.
Provisional admission will be given based on the total marks scored by the candidate .
14) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
15) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,there is negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
16) When is the last date to pay the tuition fees to be admitted?
The first installment of tuition fee should be paid immediately during the submission of online application form.
17) When will the results of Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) be declared?
Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) results will be declared on last week of September.
18) For how long is the Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) score valid?
The Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) score is valid for just one year.
19) Is Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
20) What are the specializations offered at Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) ?
Master Business Administration (MBA) Specializations offered:-
Logistics & Supply Chain Management.
21) What is the fee structure for the programs at Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA)?
Karunya Management Aptitude Test KMAT (MBA) Annual Fee is 470000/- p.a .
22) What about Hostel accommodations?
Karunya University has residences separate for boys and girls. The hostels are fully residential and include excellent dining, bathing, and sleeping facilities.
23) What about dress code?
Men: Students must be neatly dressed in formal and clean-shaven with a decent hair cut at all times when in the campus. Earrings & Ear Studs are not permitted. Formal trousers, shirts (tucked in) and shoes whenever they are on the University campus. During University functions and on special occasions, they should wear University uniform ( a Churidharblue blazer and tie). T-shirt / Jeans (of any type including cargo) and low waist trousers are not permitted.
Girls: Girl students are required to wear either salwar kChuridarwith dupatta pinned at the shoulders or sarees and should wear University uniform [Blue Blazer] on special occasions.
Casual dress meaning Jeans & decent T-shirt with collar and sleeves (for boys), Jeans and long Kurtas (for girls) is also permitted.
24) What about Campus Placements at University?
Karunya has a creditable record of placement of its final year students and graduates. A good number of final year students plan to go for higher studies in India or abroad or turn entrepreneurs.
As per recent trends about 80% of eligible final year students, who seek a placement, are placed with reputed organizations at the initiative of the Karunya University prior to their leaving the campus.
Apart from Placement interviews on other campuses in and around Coimbatore, in which our students participate, a number of interviews are held on our campus.
25) What about external courses for higher studies?
Karunya University is not offering any external / part time courses.
26) When will the Karunya Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)- MBA counseling date be announced?
The counseling is scheduled to happen during august .
27) What is the time duration required to complete Karunya Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)- MBA counseling?
The time duration for the counseling is one working day.