Dec 10, 2015
Apr 05, 2016
Apr 17, 2016
May 15, 2016
How to Prepare for KIITEE 2016
The syllabus provides engineering aspirants a topic-wise breakup of each section- Physics Chemistry Mathematics Candidates appearing in this entrance exam can check last year’s syllabus of all subjects to get an idea about this year’s curriculum. Candidates can get subject-wise syllabus in easily downloadable PDF formats. Practicing model papers will aid the candidates in knowing their strong and weak areas. These practice papers are like the actual question paper of this exam, which will be tentatively held in April 2016. Model Papers help in better preparation and candidates can practise these anytime as per their convenience. Download and practice Sample Papers of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of last few years.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Try and finish all the topics in the next two-three months. Thereafter, do not touch any new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on JEEMAINS quant syllabus.
KIITEE 2016 Important Instructions
1. You are going to take a computer based online Test at a workstation.
2. You are required to be present in the Test Centre 45 minutes before the starting time of the Test as specified in the admit card.
3.The Proctor will announce commencement and completion of the Examination. Candidates should leave their seat on hearing announcement of completion.
4. The candidate must show, on demand, the valid Admit Card for admission into the Examination Hall.
5. A candidate, without a valid Admit Card, will not be permitted to enter the Examination Hall under any circumstances.
6. A seat indicating application number will be allotted to each candidate. Candidates should find out and occupy their allotted seats only.
7. The candidature of a candidate, found to have changed Hall or seat on his/her own, shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted.
8. Candidates are not allowed to carry any Textual,Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device except the Admit Card and Pen/Pencil inside the Examination Hall.
9. No candidate, without the permission of the Centre Superintendent/ proctor can leave his/her seat or Examination Hall till the completion of the Examination.
10. Smoking in the Examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
11.Tea coffee, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed inside the Examination Hall.
1. In each of these sections, every question is followed by 4 answer options. Choose the option that is most appropriate.
2. Indicate your answer by clicking on the circle adjacent to the option you think is right. You can go to any question directly by clicking on the question number, which will appear at the bottom of the screen.
3. The answered question number will be marked Green and the unanswered/ skipped question number will remain in blue.
4. If you are doubtful of the answer, you can mark a question for review using the ‘Mark for review button’. This will be unmarked once you come back to the same question at a later time and change the answer.
5. If you want to change the answer of any question, you may select the question and change the answer by clicking on the appropriate answer.
6. Each correct answer fetches 4 marks. There is negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
7. If you have completed answering all the questions in the sequence of a particular section, you will be automatically directed to the first question of the next section.
8. You can move between sections at your will. The test closes automatically once the allotted time of 180 Minutes are over.
9. In case you finish your test before allotted time, you will get a confirmation page which will give you two options. Either to go back to the test or to complete the test.
10. In case you want to review the answers in the remaining time you can do so, else you may complete the test and submit. Ensure that you click on submit as a sign of completion.
1) What is KIITEE ?
KIITEE is the KIIT University Entrance Exam which is held for admission to UG and PG courses. KIITEE for engineering, law and other programmes is to be held as computer based test in the month of April.KIIT University will be conducted KIITEE in the online computer based test mode. State wise examination dates have been given in the schedule.
2) How to register for KIITEE B.Tech ?
KIIT University Bubaneswar is published the online KIITEE Application Form on First week of December. Application form of KIITEE for all the courses is released online now. Key points to be noted about the KIITEE application form are given below:-
- KIIT University is released online application form.
- There is no application fee for KIITEE application form.
- Candidate must enter correct and verifiable details in the KIITEE application formand submit it in the online / offline manner instructed by the exam conducting body.
- Passport size photograph, signature of candidate and signature of guardian are asked for in the application form.
The facility to check application status is generally available around 20 days after the form has been submitted.
3) When does the registration for KIITEE B.Tech ends?
Registration for KIITEE B.Tech ends on March.
4) What is the mode of test?
KIITEE Management will be an “Objective-type” computer-based test where the questions would be shown and answers would be marked on a desktop computer.
5) What are the various test centers for KIITEE B.Tech?
KIITEE B.Tech will be conducted online in the following 26 centres: Bhubaneswar, Rourkela, Jaypore, Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam, Guwahati, Bokaro, Patna, Raipur, Dhanbad, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Bangalore, Indore, Mumbai, Pune, Imphal, Shillong, New Delhi, Agartala, Allahabad, Kolkata, Siliguri, Durgapur, Ahmedabad and Jaipur.
6) When is KIITEE B.Tech exam held?
KIITEE B.Tech exam will be held from third week of April to last week of April.
7) When shall I receive the KIITEE B.Tech admit card?
You can download admit card from Second week of April. You must not mutilate the admit card nor make any change therein.
8) How Can I Reprint My Application Form ?
Go to the website, click on the reprint application form tab.
9) How Can I Find My Application Number ?
Go to the website , click on the find application number for kiitee.
10) How Can I Know Whether My Application Has Been Received Or Not ?
Go to the website , click on the application status .
11) Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the website , click on the kiitee read more tab, then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about kiitee application”.
12) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
13) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of KIIT University.
(Note: Admit Card will not be dispatched in hard copy.)
14) What is the duration of the test?
KIITEE B.tech test is of two and half hours duration.
15) What are the eligibility criteria for taking KIITEE B.Tech ?
I. Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in 2016
II. Should have studied in regular full time formal education in their schooling/college.
III. Pass in 10 +2 or its equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together.
16) How is the KIITEE B.Tech designed?
KIITEE will be held in on line mode i.e it will be a Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates will have to solve 120 question in 180 minutes . Each of the 3 sections will contain 40 question for 4 marks each, which will only be awarded if the candidate will mark the correct option.
17) Will there be negative marking in KIITEE b.tech exam?
Yes,one mark (-1) will be deducted for each incorrect response.
18) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.
19) When is KIITEE B.Tech results out?
Results will be available on the website by Second week of May.
20) For how long is the KIITEE B.Tech score valid?
The KIITEE B.Tech score is valid for just one year.
21) Is KIITEE B.Tech result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
22) What is the fee structure for the programs at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University (KIITEE) in B.Tech?
KIITEE B.Tech Annual Fee is 1,50,000/- p.a.
23) What are the specializations offered at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University(KIITEE) in B.Tech ?
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering(Automobile)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Tele -Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information technology
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation.
24) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Scheduled Caste (SC
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Physically Challenged (PC)
Note: 30% seats of each category will be reserved for women candidates. (Applicable for B.Tech (4 Years) & Dual Degree Programs only).
25) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
26) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
27) What is the Procedure of KIITEE B.Tech Counselling Process ?
Counselling and seat allotment are the processes wherein KIITEE qualified candidates are able to specify preference of seats and are allotted seats on basis of their merit and preference. For KIITEE Counselling will be done in the first, second, and third weeks of June.
28) For which colleges and programs is the KIITEE B. Tech required for admissions?
Engineering & Technology programmes of KIIT offers high quality, innovative and socially relevant academic programmes imparted by six constituent schools.
- School of Civil Engineering,
- School of Electrical Engineering,
- School of Computer Engineering,
- School of Mechanical Engineering,
- School of Electronics Engineering,
- School of Computer Application.