Jul 25, 2016
Sep 09, 2016
Sep 11, 2016
Sep 20, 2016
How to Prepare for KMAT 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
KMAT 2016 Important Instructions
1. Bring the following documents while reporting to the Test Centre:
- Admit Card.
- Your latest coloured passport size photograph should be pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for.
- Photo identity as specified in the How to Register for KMAT.
- Blue/Black ballpoint pen.
2. Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in calculators/ memory or any electronics gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall.
3. Occupy the seat allotted to you by verifying the SEAT NUMBER pasted on the desk and indicated in your Admit Card.
4. The Test Invigilator will check your Admit Card and ID proof.
5. The Test Booklet will be distributed just before the starting time of the Test. The candidate must ensure that the booklet is sealed. If the seal is found broken or tampered with, please bring this matter to the notice of the invigilator immediately.
6. The Test Invigilator will instruct you to open the seals of the Test Booklet and commence answering the test.
7. Check immediately that all the pages of the booklet are in order. In the rare event of the Test Booklet being defective, bring it to the notice of the invigilator immediately who will arrange for the replacement of Test Booklet if required Duration of the test is 120 minutes. The candidate may attempt any section in any order.
8. The candidate will not be allowed to leave the hall till the test is over and until the Invigilator has collectedthe answer OMR sheet and Question Booklet. The candidate will be allowed to leave the hall only after the answer OMR sheets and Question
9. Booklet of all the candidates in the hall have been collected and accounted for.
1) Please share the key details about KMAT?
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) is a standardized all India level management entrance test being administered since 2003 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to AICTE approved MBA, PGDM and MCA programs in Bangalore and rest of Karnataka institutes.The exam is conducted once in a year by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA). The test is permitted by Government of Karnataka and is monitored in accordance with Supreme Court judgment in case no. Appeal (Civil) 5041 of 2005.
2) What are the benefits I would get from KMAT ?
KMAT is Gateway to MBA in Karnataka and Bangalore, Silicon Valley of India and No 1 Destination for MBA/PGDM with very vibrant Job market. All other exams after KMAT will offer admission opportunity.
3) How can I apply for KMAT ?
Registration for KMAT opens from July.
Applying for KMAT is a simple process and can be completed online as well as offline.
Visit the KMAT website and go to Apply now.
You may fill up the online registration form and make payment of Rs.1000/- online.
4) How can I confirm that my KMAT registration form is duly submitted?
You will receive a unique ID after making payment and successful submission of the registration form on your registered mail id. Those who submit an offline registration form with demand draft will also receive the unique ID on their registered mail id.
5) Can I get refund if I am not able to sit for KMAT exam?
No, fee refund will be initiated only if candidate paid fees twice for the same course.
6) Which are the test centres for KMAT ?
KMAT will be conducted across the country in Bagalkot ,Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Davangere, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi. Test organizers reserve the right to withdraw any center or add any new center.
7) Can I opt for more than 1 test city?
Yes, a choice of 2 test cities will be offered while completing the registration process.
8) When do I get my Admit card for KMAT ?
All provisionally registered candidates can download their Activation of a test center depends upon the minimum number of registration. In the case of cancellation of a test center, the candidate will be advised on his/her registered mail id about the allotment of another test centre. Candidate will have to paste his/her passport size photograph as uploaded on the registration form in the space provided on the Admit Card.
9) What are the test dates and test timings for KMAT ?
Candidates are required to report 1 hour before the scheduled start time of the test for the verification & security check.
10) What are the important documents to be brought at KMAT Test venue?
Candidates should carry the following to the test venue
1) Admit Card duly completed with photograph and your valid photo ID proof
2) Black & Blue ball point pen; HB Pencils, Eraser, and Sharpener.
11) In case of any problem in KMAT like registration, non-receipt of unique ID on mail, downloading score card etc. whom should I contact?
You should immediately contact KMAT helpline number +91 9343996664 / +91 9343996665 and/or write mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
12) After registering, for any reason, if I am not able to take the exam, can I get a refund of exam fee?
Exam fee is non-refundable unless paid twice for the same course.
13) What is the mode of KMAT Test?
KMAT is a paper pencil based conventional test.
14) Who is eligible to appear in KMAT ?
A graduate degree is required to appear in KMAT.
For MBA/PGDM Programs: Candidates should have bachelors degree with minimum 3 years duration/ masters degree examination of any recognised education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent, and have secured at least 50% of marks in the aggregate (40% for SC/ST candidate). Candidates in their final year of bachelor’s degree are also eligible.
For MCA Program: Candidates should have bachelor's degree with 50% marks. Candidates should have studied Maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.
15) What is the nature of KMAT exam?
KMAT is a paper-pencil based test comprising 120 MCQs divided in 4 sections of :-
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension;
Logical Reasoning and
The test is to be completed in 120 minutes without any sectional time limit. The candidate is allowed to switch from one section to other within the overall time limit.
16) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
17) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,there is negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
18) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
19) When will the results of KMAT be declared?
KMAT results will be declared on last week of September.
20) What is the scoring pattern in KMAT?
Every correct answer in KMAT exam will be awarded +4 marks. A penalty of -1 mark will be imposed for each wrong answer. Net scores will be displayed on the scorecard.
21) For how long is the KMAT score valid?
The KMAT score is valid for just one year.
22) Is KMAT result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
23) Which are the leading B-schools that will accept KMAT scores?
Scores of KMAT will be accepted by more than 169 + well known AICTE-approved University-affiliated B-schools in Bangalore and Karnataka. A few of the leading institutions include Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS), Alliance University, IFIM Business School, MP Birla Institute, M.S. Ramaiah, Mount Carmel, PESIT and many more.
24) What is the fee structure for the programs at KMAT?
First Year: 175000
(Tuition & other fees)
Second Year: 175000
(Tuition & other fees)
25) What are the courses and colleges for which KMAT is OBLIGATORY?
The courses and colleges are mentioned in Official Website (http://www.kmatindia.com/list-of-participating-institutes.php).
26) What is the Procedure of KMAT Selection Process ?
The selection procedure of KMAT can be divided into 2 stages. The first stage involves the KMAT exam. The B-schools accepting KMAT scores will shortlist the applicants on the basis of their cutoffs after the KMAT result. The candidates have to separately apply for the participating institutes.
The selection procedure primarily involves 2 stages, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds. Some B-schools may conduct Essay Writing or Written Ability Test (WAT) in addition or in lieu of GD. The B-schools may also consider the candidate profile including the past academic performance, work experience and other factors such as extracurricular activities of the candidates.
27) What is the Procedure of KMAT Counselling Process ?
KMAT Counselling notification to start the admission of MBA, PGDM and MCA programs is going to be published online. Candidates declared qualified in Karnataka Management Aptitude Test are eligible to attend the KMAT Counselling. Candidates are hereby informed to bring all the relevant documents at the time of counseling for the purpose of verification.
KMAT Counselling will be conducted in different rounds. Each candidate will be called for the counseling in order of their rank obtained in the entrance test.
Details regarding the KMAT Counselling procedures and dates are given below on this page. Candidates are requested to please go through it.
KMAT Counselling Details
1.No separate invitation will be sent to the candidates regarding the KMAT Counselling. Candidates have to be stay updated always.
2.Rank wise candidates will be called off the KMAT Counselling.
3.Candidates have to lock the choices from the options given.
4.He/she does not have the right to change the choices made after final locking.
5.Candidates are required to produce all the necessary documents for verification.
6.Based upon the preferences made by the candidates and the rank in the entrance test the college will be allotted to the candidate.
7.In case the candidate is absent, his/her seat will be offered to the next candidates as per the merit.
28) What if I cannot attend the counselling?
You can authorize your parent to attend the counseling Due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate could not attend the counseling on the specified date and time, he/she can attend on a subsequent time/date, during the counseling period. But the candidate can only opt for the seats available at that time and cannot claim any seat as per original rank.