Mar 21, 2016
Apr 11, 2016
May 26, 2016
How to Prepare for MU-OET 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
MU-OET 2016 Important Instructions
1) Where is Manipal University located, and what are the facilities available here?
The Manipal Group institutions are located on scenic campuses, providing a high-quality lifestyle and ideal environments for study. The Manipal campus is situated on the Malabar Coast, between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats, in south Karnataka. The place is known for its moderate temperature and spectacular mountain views. The campus has excellent buildings, academic facilities and student amenities for accommodation, sports, and other extra-curricular activities.
The professional colleges are known for their hi-tech labs, museums, and faculty who have rich and varied backgrounds, having been trained and worked all over the globe. Campuses provide a cosmopolitan and congenial atmosphere through which students from over 55 countries create life-long friendships.
2) What courses can I study at Manipal University?
You can study the following courses at MU:
Allied Health Sciences, Applied Sciences, Architecture, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Biotechnology, Commerce, Dentistry, Engineering, European Studies, Geopolitics, Hotel Management, Humanities, Information Sciences, Jewellery Design & Management, Life Sciences, Management, Media and Communication, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Social Work and Statistics.
3) What is the medium of instruction in the class?
4) Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission to MU?
MU do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. MU like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.
5) How to apply and from where do I get the application?
You can either send an online application or download the application from our website (click ‘Admissions -International Admissions’) or if you want the application form and brochure to be posted/mailed to you, then write to: email@example.com by giving your postal address.
6) Is there any capitation fee?
No. There is no capitation fee. You only pay tuition/course fees which have been mentioned in the fee schedule. Please browse through the program which you want to apply for to know the course fee.
7) Do you have a sponsored seats?
Yes, other than MBBS, BDS and Architecture, all other courses have a sponsored seats.
8) I know Manipal is in Karnataka. So, how do I get there?
Manipal is well connected by road, rail and air. There are two main cities close to Manipal that serve as entry points - Udupi and Mangalore. Udupi is 5 km from Manipal and Mangalore is 65 km away.
9) Who can sponsor?
Parents or candidates direct brothers/sisters holding NRI status can sponsor for undergraduate courses.
10) Once I apply what will happen?
Once you send in your application along with the required documents and application fee, we will register it and allot an application number. Application number will be informed to you by e.mail. In the e.mail, we will also inform you as to when we will be offering the admission letter or if we require some additional information, we will write to you.
11) Can I get admission based only on the MU entrance test?
That depends on the admission criteria for the course you have opted for.
12) When should I arrive at Manipal Campus or Mangalore Campus, if accepted to any of the programs offered at Manipal University?
Students can plan to arrive 1-2 days prior to the commencement of classes. Accepted students will be informed of the exact date in the letter of confirmed admission.
13) Can I apply to more than one course? Can I do it in a single application?
If the courses you have opted for fall in the same group, then by all means, go ahead and state your choices in one single application form.
However, if you opt for courses in different groups, then you will need to fill out separate applications.
14) I missed the last date for sending in my application. Can I still apply?
Sorry, we do not entertain any applications after the last date for submission.
15) Are marks of the qualifying exams are considered for admission?
All admissions are strictly on merit. Admissions to some courses are based on merit in the all India entrance test and some courses, on merit in the qualifying examination.
16) Who is eligible for the MU OET B.Tech?
Pass in 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subjects as optional with a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
17) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
18) Are NRIs eligible for this program? If yes, then please specify details, fee structure or any other information required for admission.
ICAS admission is open for all including NRIs and foreign nationals. Application Form and Fee structure is available in website. The fees applicable for NRIs and foreign nations are same.
19) If the CBSE or 12th results are declared late, then how does a student apply?
Students can apply for MU OET before the 12th Board results are declared and ensure/ confirm their provisional admission, based on expected performance. Provisional admission letters will be issued to students willing to take up MU OET. However, the final admissions will be provided after confirmed mark sheets and documentations are verified, based on 12th Board results in PCMB subjects.
20) What if a student is not able to get the required GPA, and is not accepted in an international university?
Since its inception in 1994, all students have successfully completed their first two years with GPA of above 3.0, and have been accepted in international colleges.
However, in case a student does not obtain the necessary required GPA or fails in his/ her semester exams, the student has to repeat the semester exams just like in any other engineering institute. However, MU OET also provides the necessary coaching, mentoring and support to enable the student to clear his exams.
21) Do you offer conditional admissions to students who have written the 10+2 or equivalent examination?
Yes. We do offer conditional admissions to all courses except MBBS, if the candidate submits his/her 11th grade mark sheet plus 12th grade pre-final/pre-board results.
22) How and when are the results of the MU entrance test announced?
We put out the results on our website. You can also call the admission office at +91-92437-77733.
23) What are the Courses/specializations offered at Manipal insitute of technolgy(MIT) ?
MIT offers 16 programs of study at the B.Tech level:-
- Electrical & Electronics
- Instrumentation & Control
- Electronics & Communication
- Computer & Communication
- Industrial & Production
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Print & Media Technology.
24) What accreditation do the courses offered by the Manipal University have?
Manipal University has been established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide notification #F9-8/89-U.3 dated 1/6/1993 of the Government of India. All courses offered by the Manipal University conform to the guidelines laid down by the UGC.
All professional courses are recognised by the respective professional bodies.
25) What is a merit-cum-means scholarship?
Candidates admitted to MBBS course within the first 500 ranks and BDS, BPharm, BTech courses within the first 1000 ranks of the respective merit list are offered this merit-cum-means scholarship. Scholarship amount shall be determined based on the parents’ annual income from all sources.
26) Do all the students within the rank 500/1000 for MBBS/ BDS/ BPharm/ BTech course get full scholarship?
No, scholarships are limited.
27) Other than the course/tuition fee what other fees needs to be paid?
Other than course/tuition fees, you have to pay for hostel accommodation and mess charges which has been mentioned in the hostel fee schedule.
28) Is there any provision for concession or scholarships?
International Students are not offered any concessions or scholarships. Manipal University is a self-financed university and does not receive any grants from the Government. However, Indian residents can find more about scholarships on official website.
29) Is there any management quota?
No. We do not have any management quota. Only two quota's - general quota, admissions of which are based on the ranking obtained by the student in the entrance exam conducted by Manipal University and the other is foreign/NRI quota, where admissions are direct based on merit as per the marks/grades obtained in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent exam).
30) Can I get a loan for study at MU?
- We have no provision for a loan for study.
- But you can avail loans from banks.
31) When I come for counselling or admission where can I stay?
Candidates coming for counselling and admission usually make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging.
32) I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do?
No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorised representative carrying proper authorisation documents, like your parents or even a friend.
Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.
33) What extracurricular activities can I pursue?
We have world-class sports facilities and stadiums, and many other activities you can take part in. Take a round of our campus facilities here Marena page.
34) Do we receive a laptop for all the courses offered in Manipal University?
Laptops will be given to all students admitted to MBBS, BDS, BTech, BTech (LATERAL), BArch and MBA courses.
35) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.
36) Is the mess fee included in the hostel fees?
No, the mess charges will be collected annually along with hostel facilities fees and utility charges.
37) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
38) Are the hostel charges included in the tuition fee?
No, the hostel fee is mentioned separately.
39) I am a first-year student. Is it compulsory for me to avail of the hostel accommodation?
- We think it is a good idea for first year students to stay in the student hostels – it helps them bond together, and that in turn, improves their experience of the MU life. So yes, it is compulsory for a first-year student to live in a hostel.
- In exceptional cases, however, permission may be granted by the Dean or Director to stay out of the hostel.