Mar 01, 2016
Apr 25, 2016
May 05, 2016
Jun 01, 2016
How to Prepare for MHCET MBA 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of MHCET MBA .You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of MHCET MBA , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
MHCET MBA 2016 Important Instructions
1. You should be very careful in filling-up the on-line application form.
2. If any lapse is detected during the scrutiny, your candidature will be rejected at any time of admission process or even
at a later stage. In case a candidate fills two or more on-line application forms, the last filled and completed application form
will be considered for further processing.
3. The processing of application form is based on the information filled by the candidate.
4. Any error committed intentionally or otherwise may result in cancellation of your candidature.
MHCET MBA FAQ
1) How to apply for MHCET?
The registration process to MHCET examination was opened on last week of January and will continue until 5 P.M. on the second week of February . Candidates can register online on MAHCET site(http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in)
2) What is the cost of application form?
Mode of Payment, Filling of Online Application form & Registration for CET
A. Online application form processing fees is
1. Rs. 1000/- for General Category Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS)and J&KMigrant candidates.
2. Rs. 800/- for Reserved Category & Physically Handicapped Candidates belonging to
Maharashtra State only (i.e. Candidates having relevant backward class Caste Certificate and other applicable certificates issued by Maharashtra State authorities).
B. Payment of fees for Online application form may be done in the following two modes
1. e - Challan* to be submitted in any branch of Axis Bank Ltd in India (Generated online at the time of registering for CET).
2. e-payment* of the application processing fees, through net banking/Credit Cards/Debit Cards at the website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/approvedinstitues/StaticPages/HomePage.aspx
3) Can I apply for more than one programme through a single Application Form?
Candidates seeking admission to Maharashtra B-schools do not need to apply individually now. Seats will be allotted through Centralized admission process. Direct applications are to, be submitted only for the institute level/minority seats.
The Centralized Admission Process of MH MBA CET will consist of total four rounds, out of which first three rounds shall be based on the computerized allotment and last round by counseling. Candidates are advised to keep the necessary documents ready at the time of Document verification stage at ARC as per the notified schedule.
4) What is the importance of registration for MH-MBA/MMS-CET ? Is it necessary to register for CET even if I have appeared for All India CET?
Registration for MH- MBA/MMS-CET is Mandatory for all candidates irrespective of their appearance in All India CET. Such candidates may not appear for MH-CET . However, they are required to register and appear for GD & PI.
5) Which are different Application Forms? What is schedule of filling up the forms?
In order to participate in the CAP(Centralized Admission Process ), the aspiring candidate has to fill in and confirm :-
Online Application form for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET i.e. Register for CET in February.
Online Application form for GD, PI i.e. Register for GDPI in May.
Centralized Admission i.e. Register for CAP(Centralized Admission Process ), in May . Confirmation and document verification at ARC.
Online Option form for CAP(Centralized Admission Process ) Round-I/II/III in July .
6) In Which Month Conducts MHCET Exam?
Generally, this Exam conducts in the Second week of March every year.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of March (onwards). You will have to log onto the MHCET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from a website :-http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/approvedinstitues/StaticPages/HomePage.aspx/.
8) How do I know that my application is registered?
Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated “REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD”. Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Call Letter.
9) I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application?
“REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD” are also sent by auto-response Confirmation emails. Delivery of these emails purely depends upon the correctness of E-Mail ID provided, Policy of your E-Mail Service Provider to accept and Divert such emails under Bulk or Spam Mails or bounce back such emails without accepting it due to a heavy number of emails generated by our Applications. In the case of Govt./official /company Email Ids, delivery is controlled by your Company Policies. Therefore, please do not expect replies from us, if you do not receive such confirmation / auto-response Emails.
10) How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
In case of doubt about the successful Registration, candidates are advised to visit the Page for Re-Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the soft copy and hard copy (printout) of the Application.
11) I did not receive the acknowledgement / reply to my email communication?
“Reply to” Email Id for the Application is created for the convenience of the Candidates for genuine communications. Please do not use this address to send back the emails for “Acknowledgment”, “Vacation Mail”, “Friendship Offers”, “Sales Offers” etc. Our Email Server is configured to delete such emails automatically.
12) What details should I retain while replying to auto-response emails?
While writing back by replying the confirmation emails for the genuine problem, please retain the text containing “REGISTRATION NO.” and “PASSWORD” details on the email.
13) What details should I provide while writing for the problem?
Please do not forget to provide following details while writing to us: (1) REGISTRATION NO. (2) MOBILE NO. (3) DATE OF BIRTH & (4) FULL NAME as entered in the application. In the case of application failure or any error message, we would like to have the screenshot of the error in JPG, GIF format or as MS Word file. Additionally, you may provide the PC Details including the Operating System (like Windows XP, Vista, Linux etc.) & Internet Browser & version (like Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozilla 3.0, Firefox 3.5 etc.) used.
14) What is the mode of MHCET Test?
MHCET is a Computer based conventional test.
15) Who is eligible to appear in MHCET ?
Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate* or equivalent CGPA ( 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons With Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in any Bachelor’s degree awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Appeared** for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s degree to be awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. Such candidates can be considered for provisional admission subject to passing the Degree exam with the minimum of 50% marks in aggregate* or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons With Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only).
16) What is the nature of MHCET exam?
MH CET has more subjects and subtopics to cover than any other Management entrance test. Candidates are supposed to mainly study following topics to prepare for the CET.
Topic Expected Number of questions
1. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension - 80
2. Quantitative Ability, data sufficiency & DI - 48
3. Analytically, Logical & Abstract Reasoning - 47
4. Verbal & NonVerbal reasoning - 25
17) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
18) Will there be any negative marking?
No,There is no negative marking.
19) I am a reserved category Maharashtra CET candidate, I have secured 44% marks in aggregate at Graduation and 49% marks in aggregate at Post Graduation. Am I eligible to appear at MAH-MBA/MMS-CET ?
No, you are not eligible.
20) I have passed my Graduation in more than one attempt with more than minimum percentage of marks. Am I eligible to appear at MAH-MBA/MMS-CET ?
Yes, you are eligible to appear at the Maharashtra CET, however, your admission will be subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria of the University wherein you may get the admission. Candidates are advised to approach eligibility section of the respective University (wherein the candidate is interested in seeking the admission) and get the provisional eligibility certificate issued from the University well before the commencement of the CAP(Centralized Admission Process ).
21) I am J & K Migrant candidate. Which rules should I refer to?
Refer rule 1.3.2 for seats available, rule 2.1 and 2.4 for the eligibility, rule 6.3 for the Admissions Process and Annexure-I for steps of registration for CET, GD&PI etc.
22) I am a Maharashtra State candidate and have not appeared for the All India CET . Is it necessary for me to appear at MAH-MBA/MMS-CET ?
Yes, it is necessary. You are required to register and appear for both MAH-MBA/MMS-CET and GD&PI.
23) I have appeared for the All India CET [CAT]. Is it necessary for me to appear at MAH-MBA/MMS-CET ?
No, it is not necessary to appear at MAH-MBA/MMS-CET .
Your score of All India CET will be valid for the admission provided the score is more than the cut-off.
However, you are required to register both for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET as well as for GD&PI.
Further, it is mandatory to appear for the GD,PI conducted by Competent Authority of State of Maharashtra for seeking admission through CAP(Centralized Admission Process ).
24) When will the MHCET (MBA) results be declared?
Results will be available on the website the First week of JUNE .Please, refer http ://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/approvedinstitues/StaticPages/HomePage.aspx for final result announcement date.
25) For how long is the MHCET (MBA) score valid?
The MHCET (MBA) score is valid for just one year.
26) Is MHCET (MBA) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
27) Which one of the scores of the MAT exams is considered valid?
The score of the MAT will be considered for admission to MBA/MMS course through CAP(Centralized Admission Process .
28) What is meant by the Cut-off mark in CET?
The cut-off marks in CET are the minimum score by the candidate, which makes him/her eligible to seek the Admission to MBA/MMS course in the State of Maharashtra. The cut-off mark in MAH-MBA/MMS-CET is 30 marks out of 200.
In the case of All India CET [CAT], the Cut-off is the percentile in these CETs equivalent to percentile corresponding to 30 marks in MAH-MBA/MMS-CET .
29) My score is less than cut-off in the CET. Can I participate in GD, PI? Will my name appear in Merit List?
You are permitted to participate in GD, PI provided you have registered for the same. However, your name will not appear in Merit list and you are not eligible to get admission to MBA/MMS course in the State of Maharashtra.
30) I am OMS(Outside Maharashtra State) candidate and have appeared for All India CET and also for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET, how my merit will be decided for ALL India Seats?
If you have scores in both of the CETs then best of the two scores shall be considered for deciding the merit for ALL India Seats subject to the fulfillment of condition of the cut-off marks.
31) When do I need to submit documents? What is the last date of submission of documents?
The documents are required to be submitted during the Stage of Registration for Centralized Admission Process(CAP)
This stage is tentatively scheduled in May . Candidates are required to arrange for the requisite documents in time (preferably before Last week of April ).
No documents will be accepted after the last date for the confirmation of the Application of Registration for Centralized Admission Process(CAP) at ARC. The exact schedule for this activity will be notified.
No documents are needed to submit at the time of online Registration for CET (in Jan./Feb. ) or at the time of online Registration for CET (in April ). However personal details such as name (as appearing on the mark list of Std. X), email-id, birth date, permanent address, phone no. etc. are to be entered correctly at the time of Registration for CET. No change is these personal details will be permitted and the candidate alone will be responsible for issues arising out of errors in such entries.
32) Where do I need to submit my Work experience certificates?
Candidates having valid work experience certificates should send their original Work Experience certificates (strictly as per the proforma-G) by speed post/courier/hand delivery to the following address, so as to reach as far schedule.
Sydenham Institute of Management Studies & Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE),
B Road, Churchgate, Mumbai 400 020
Marks for work experience will be awarded only after the scrutiny of the certificates received and same will be displayed on the website.
Note: Work Experience certificates which are not as per proforma will be rejected and no marks on account of work experience will be awarded to such candidates.
33) Explain how the Merit List will be prepared for CAP (Centralized Admission Process )?
Refer the following table :-
Type of Candidate Appeared for/Appeared for GD/PI/Merit List in which the name will appear*
Maharashtra MAH-MBA-CET :-Yes Maharashtra State Merit List.
Maharashtra Only for All India CET :-Yes, All India Merit List on the basis of score of All India CET only.
Maharashtra Both MAH-MBA-CET and All India CET :-Yes,In Maharashtra state Merit list on the basis of MAH-MBA-CET.In All India, Merit List only on the basis of score of All India CET.
OMS(Outside Maharashtra State) Only for MAH-MBA-CET:-Yes ,All India Merit List.
OMS(Outside Maharashtra State) Only for All India CET:- Yes All India Merit List
OMS(Outside Maharashtra State) Both MAH-MBA-CET and All India CET :-Yes All India Merit List (Best of the scores of these two CETs will be considered for the Merit list preparation)* subject to the fulfillment of eligibility conditions.