Mar 26, 2017
Jun 04, 2017
Jun 11, 2017
Jul 16, 2017
How to Prepare for Panjab University -MBA 2017
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on the basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many an exam has reasoning questions with double weight age. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learned during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections because most competitive exams have a similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
1) In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
2) Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
3) Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
1. Who is who
2. What is what
3. Science scan
4. Human body
6. Landmarks of history
7. The Universe
Panjab University -MBA 2017 Important Instructions
- This prospectus is valid for only one Online Application form. A separate Online Application form is required to be submitted for the Entrance Test of additional course/s as each course will have separate merit list. The cost of an additional Online Application form is 770/- each.
- No application form will be received under any circumstances after the closing of the last date.
- This is an online prospectus for Entrance Test only. The information/instructions for admission to courses that are based on the entrance test are not contained herein.
- Only the candidates who have passed or are appearing in the qualifying examination for a particular Course can apply for the Entrance Test.
- The admission of candidates in the Entrance Test shall be provisional. It shall stand canceled if the candidate fails to satisfy the requisite eligibility conditions by the date fixed for the purpose by the concerned Institution/Department/Centre.
- Eligible Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin/NRI Candidates, who are in India and desirous of seeking admission in this category, will compete amongst themselves for the seats created for them by appearing in the Entrance Test.
- Those living abroad at the time of entrance test will be exempted from the entrance test. The fee structure for all such candidates will be prescribed by the Panjab University in the Admission Brochure.
- Foreign students shall have to comply with Visa and other requirements of the Govt. of India, U.T. Administration, Chandigarh as well as Panjab University, Chandigarh, as prescribed by them from time to time.
Panjab University -MBA FAQ
1) Tell me something about Panjab University -MBA ?
Panjab University, Chandigarh, invites applications form eligible and interested aspirants for taking admissions into MBA programs in several specializations in their associated colleges for the academic . Interested candidates who want to get admissions in Punjab University must clear the PU CAT entrance exam conducted by University. These admissions are for General Management, International Business and Human resource offered at UBS. Interested candidates can apply for this admission process on or before the last dates.
2) Can I apply for registration online ?
The University of the Panjab has recently been started the facility of online submission of registration form. Check here to submit registration form online.
3) From where registration forms can be obtained?
Registration form can be obtained from the admin branch of the university. However can be obtained online available on the official website of the university. Click here to download the admission form.
4) What is the last date submission of registration form ?
The registration form can be submitted during the month of May.
5) Can registration be submitted by post.
The registration form can be submitted by post.
6) From where admission’s form can be downloaded?
Admission form can be downloaded on the official website of the university.
7) How much fee I have to deposit ?
Please follow link ‘Home-> Fee Details and Important Dates’ for getting your fee details.
8) My Fee slip is not generating. What should I do ?
There can be 2 cases: (i) If you are college student, your fee slip will not be generated. (ii)If you are correspondence or USOL (University School of Open Learning) student, then also your fee slip will not be generated.
9) I am a USOL/Department/College student then why I should select ‘Student Type’ as private?
A Reappear/deficient/Additional/Improvement exam is always given as Private Student.
10) I have lost my username and password ?
Please follow the link ‘Home-> Forgot Password’ to recover your username and password. You will receive it on your mobile & email id. If you also have forgotten your Application No./Username , you may find it on your fee slip.
11) I am not able to deposit fee in Bank as they said ‘your record not found’ ?
Download Post Office challan and submit your fees in Post Office.
12) Whether I have to submit hard copy of my examination form ?
Yes, if you are a College/USOL/University Department student then you have to submit your hard copy in your concerned department. If you are private student then you have to submit the PRINTOUT of the examination form (Private Candidates) duly attested by class A gazetted officer along with copy of the BANK SLIP either by Hand or by Post before the Last Date to Admin Block Basement, Sector-14, Panjab University
13) In Which Month Conducts Panjab University -MBA Exam ?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Second week of June every year.
14) When and how will I get the admit card (hall ticket)?
Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the official website (pu.ac.in) around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
15) I am unable to download my Admit Card ?
If you are a private/USOL student then login into your account with your username and password, and download your admit card. College or University Department students, get your admit card from your College or University Department.
16) I have already submitted my fees but it is not confirmed/updated on website yet ?
If your fee has not been confirmed even after 48 hours of fee submission then either send fee slip scan copy at our E-mail Id mentioned in contact details or visit Computer Unit, Aruna Ranjit Hall, PU.
17) I am not able to upload my Photo & Signature?
Reduce size of your Photo & Signature upto less than 100KB, then try again to upload.
18) I have downloaded my Rollno. But its not showing Rollno. And Center ?
Either you didn’t have submitted hard copy(print out) of your form in form cell or there would be some discrepancy related to your form which you can see on your rollno. Please visit Examination Branch, Admin Block, PU and meet your concerned dealing(name is mentioned on your rollno).
19) What is the eligiblity criteria for Panjab University -MBA ?
(i) B.C.A./B.B.A. examination from the Panjab University. OR (ii) B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science from the Panjab University. OR (iii) Any other examination of another University recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
20) What is the examination pattern of Panjab University -MBA ?
Panjab University MBA Entrance Exam question paper of 1 hour 30 minutes.
The Entrance Exam duration will consist of 75 Objective Type Questions (Multiple Choice) with 5 responses i.e. A, B, C & D carrying a total of 75 marks.
The question paper will include 15 questions each on subject knowledge of-
- Verbal ability/Reasoning
- General Awareness
Test duration- 1 hour 30 minutes.
21) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
22) Will there be any negative marking ?
Yes,there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
23) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue ?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
24) When will the Panjab University -MBA results be declared ?
After 10 working days of the test.
25) For how long is the Panjab University -MBA score valid?
The Panjab University -MBA score is valid for just one year.
26) Is Panjab University -MBA result based on ranking or percentile ?
The result is based on ranking.
27) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on the official website.
28) What is Selection Process ?
The selection would be based on the performance of the aspirants in the Written Exam, Group Discussion, and Interview.
29) What is NAAC?
The National Assessment And Accreditation Council (NAAC) is an autonomous body established by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India to assess and accredit institutions of higher education in the country.Now, as per recent decision, NAAC will function as an autonomous and independent body and will report directly to the HRD Ministry.
30) Can I see the list of all the colleges affiliated with Punjab University ?
List of all the colleges Affiliated with Punjab University is available on Offical website.
31) How many affiliated colleges does the university have ?
University have 614 affiliated colleges.
32) How many students are enrolled in university's affiliated colleges?
Around 215, 520 students are enrolled in university's affiliated colleges.
33) Is my college Affiliate with Punjab University or not ?
List of all the colleges Affiliated with Punjab University is available on Offical website.