Jan 24, 2016
Apr 17, 2016
Apr 24, 2016
Apr 30, 2016
How to Prepare for PMUET 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
PMUET 2016 Important Instructions
1) What is PMUET?
PMUET (Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test) is an entrance test conducted by Periyar Maniammai University for admission into various under graduate and post graduate programs such as B. Arch, B. Tech, M. Tech, MBA, MCA, M. Sc, MA, M. Phil, MSW and B. Ed offered by the Periyar Maniammai University and its affiliated colleges. Periyar Maniammai University Entrance Test (PMUET) is being conducted every year in the month of April.
2) Where can I get the application form for PMUET ?
Candidate who want to take up the PMUET entrance test can get the application form from the university or from the information centers and can send the filled application form along with the DD by drawn in favor of "The Registrar, Priyar Maniammai University" to the address mentioned in the prospects. Candidates can also download the application form from the official site and Rs. 50 waived for online application.
3) How can I reach your university ?
1.Trichirappalli is the nearest International Airport. It takes 2 hours to reach our campus
2.Thanjavur Junction is the nearest railway station. It takes half an hour to reach our campus from there
3 Thanjavur old bus stand is 12km away from university and new bus stand is 6km from the university.
4.Our University representatives will receive you from either Old bus stand/New bus stand/Thanjavur Junction.
4) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
5) How to make payment of PMUET application fee through Challan?
The applicants are required to print both PMUET application form and challan, carry both to bank for payment. They need to submit hard copy of application form along with the copy of stamped challan.
6) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their PMUET Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
7) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
8) What is the eligibility criteria for PMUET B.Tech ?
- 50% of Marks obtained in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology after normalization in case of other state students.
- i.e. 10+2 (or) 10+3 years Diploma recognised by the Central / State Government (or) IB Diploma and / or other test.
9) Is there any negative mark for wrong answer?
Yes, for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
10) May I use calculator or Log Table during examination?
No, use of Textual Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device is strictly prohibited.
11) I am appearing in the 12th class examination. Can I apply for PMUET (B.Tech)?
Yes, you are eligible to apply.
12) Which subjects are compulsory to appear for PMUET(B.Tech) exam?
Physics, Mathematics ,Chemistry or Biology & English subjects are compulsory for B.Tech.
13) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
14) How am I Eligible for admission to B.tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.Tech. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
15) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
16) I obtained 49.99% - am I eligible?
No, 50% means strictly 50.00% or above.
17) Is PMUET result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
18) For how long is the PMUET score valid?
The PMUET score is valid for just one year.
19) Is the University NAAC accredited?
Periyar Maniammai University (PMU) is a deemed university in rural part of South India accredited by NAAC. The university headquarters is in the town of Vallam in Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, India. The university was earlier called as "Periyar Maniammai college of Technology for Women". It is considered as World's first women engineering college. Former president of India his excellency Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has visited the university in various occasions.
20) How to calculated cut-off marks for PMUET B.Tech?
*Cut off Mark calculation for B.Tech:
- Maths-50% + Physics-25% + Chemistry-25% = 200 Marks
- Biology-50% + Physics-25% + Chemistry-25% = 200 Marks
- Maths-50% + (Vocational theory + Practical I+ Practical II) - 50% = 200 Marks
- And other eligible combinations of subjects including Vocational subjects as calculated by the State / Central Government.
21) What are the specializations offered in Periyar Maniammai University for B.Tech?
Various B.Tech branches offered by the Periyar Maniammai University are -
B.Tech. – Bachelor of Technology (4 Years)
- Aerospace Engineering
- Bio -Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering.
22) What are the things I have to carry along with me?
1. A copy of your Identity card
2. In case of one student a copy of Bonafide certificate
3. A photo copy of the conformation letter.
23) What are the Norms and conditions for getting scholarship in Periyar Maniammai University ?
- Students are eligible to avail any one scholarship only.
- Students can apply for scholarship only after paying full fees (as on stipulated date).
- The number of beneficiary to avail scholarship is limited to only 5 % of sanctioned intake, on first come first served basis.
- First Graduate students and other students have to produce necessary documents in original as proof issued by the competent authorities.
- The final decision regarding the award of scholarship rests with Periyar Maniammai University, subject to the decision of the scholarship committee.
- The scholarship is applicable for only in I year (regular) / II year (lateral).
- Condition for renewal of scholarship in subsequent years, i.e. for II, III & IV years the candidates shall,
- Obtain ‘O’ grade in attendance in all subjects in all semesters.
- Obtain either A or B grade in individual subjects of each semester.
24) What is the fee structure for the B.tech programs at Periyar Maniammai University ?
Fee to be paid:- Rs-99,000 per annum.
25) What about Hostel accommodation in Periyar Maniammai University ?
There are four hostels - three of them Annai Nagammaiyar, Vittobai and Swarna Renganathan hostel are for women and they can accommodate around 2000 women students and the Chakravarthi hostel for men can accommodate 600 students. Hostels are located within the campus in clean and calm environment, conducive for living and learning.
26) What about Placement facilities in Periyar Maniammai University?
Periyar Maniammai University has a creditable record of placement of its final year students and graduates. A good number of final year students plan to go for higher studies in India or abroad or turn entrepreneurs. As per recent trends about 80% of eligible final year students, who seek a placement, are placed with reputed organizations at the initiative of the University prior to their leaving the campus.
Students were placed in …
- Robert Bosch
- Dell India Ltd
- M/S Sathyam Compute and soon.