Aug 14, 2016
Sep 04, 2016
Sep 11, 2016
Sep 18, 2016
How to Prepare for PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) 2016
The syllabus will be based broadly on the course contents on fundamentals of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Computer background covered during their qualifying exams including undergraduate level
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.Prepare Notes
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Practice sample Papers
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
Take Mock tests
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) 2016 Important Instructions
PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) FAQ
1) When was University of the Punjab established?
14 October 1882.
2) .Can I apply for registration online?
The University of the Panjab has recently been started the facility of online submission of registration form. Check here to submit registration form online.
3) How much fee I have to deposit?
Please follow official website ‘Home-> Fee Details and Important Dates’ for getting your fee details.
4) .I have lost my username and password?
Please follow official website ‘Home-> Forgot Password’ to recover your username and password. You will receive it on your mobile & email id. If you also have forgotten your Application No./Username , you may find it on your fee slip.
5) I am not able to deposit fee in Bank as they said ‘your record not found’?
Download Post Office challan and submit your fees in Post Office.
6) When and how will I get the admit card (hall ticket)?
Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the official website around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
7) I am not able to upload my Photo & Signature?
Reduce size of your Photo & Signature upto less than 100KB, then try again to upload.
8) I have downloaded my Rollno. But its not showing Rollno. And Center?
Either you didn’t have submitted hard copy(print out) of your form in form cell or there would be some discrepancy related to your form which you can see on your rollno. Please visit Examination Branch, Admin Block, PU and meet your concerned dealing(name is mentioned on your rollno).
9) What is the eligibility criteria for PU CET (M.E/M.Tech )?
B.E. or B.Tech. or equivalent degree in their respective streams with at least 60% marks in the aggregate from Panjab University or any other university recognized by Panjab University as equivalent thereto.
NOTE: GATE qualified candidates will be eligible for AICTE scholarship.
10) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
11) I am doing final semester B.Tech course. Whether I am eligible to apply for (M.E./ M.Tech.) course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 60% marks altogether.
12) What is the duration of these (M.E./ M.Tech.) courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
13) Any evening batch for this (M.E./ M.Tech.) courses are available?
No,there are no evening batch for this M.Tech courses.
14) I have a consolidated 55% marks in my B.Tech/ or B.Pharm/ or MBBS/ or BDS degree. Whether I am eligible to apply for (M.E./ M.Tech.) courses?
No. Students should get minimum of 60% marks (consolidated) during their degree program.
15) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
16) Are there any breaks during the test?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
17) For how long is the Punjab CET (M.Tech/M.E) score valid?
The Punjab CET(M.Tech/M.E) score is valid for just one year.
18) What are the courses offered in PU-CET(M.E/M.Tech)?
- M. Tech. (Nanoscience and Nano Technology)
- M.Tech. (Material Science & Technology)
- M.Tech. (Polymer)
- M.E. (Chemical)
- M.E. (Food Technology)
- M.E. (Chemical with specialization in Environmental Engg.)
- M.E. Electrical Engg. (Instrumentation & Control)
- M.E. (Electronics and Comm. Engg.)
- M.E. (Computer Science and Engg.)
- M.E. Civil Engineering (Construction Tech. & Mgt.)
- M.E. Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Tech.)
- M.E. Electrical Engg. (Power System)
- M.E. Biotechnology
19) Are the courses offered by PTU are approved by AICTE ?
Here are the courses that are approved by AICTE which are offered by PTU :B. Tech, B. Pharmacy, B. Architecture, Hotel Management & Catering Technology (Four year course), MBA, MCA, M. Tech, M. Pharamacy .
20) Does the University have different standards for the various Compuses?
University of the Punjab has Quaid-i-Azam, Allama Iqbal , Gujranwala, Khanspur and jehlum campus and have the same standard.
21) What if I need to ask a question?
You can contact on given email/ Phone Numbers.
22) Is the University of the Punjab degree recognized?
Yes,University of the Punjab degree recognized.
23) How many campuses does the University have?
5 campuses are there.
24) If I need some information about Scholarships then at which email address i can get this?
25) Are there any provisions for students applying in PU from out side of Lahore to have hostel facility in University of the Punjab?
Punjab University provide hostel facility to those who get admission in PU any department / institute on regular at morning time.
26) What are the required documents for Equivalence Form?
- Original and attested photocopy of each degree/diploma obtained with English translation, if required.
- Photocopy of transcripts year-wise duly signed & stamped by the issuing authority.
- Proof of registration for the degree/diploma (a copy of admission letter etc. be provided).
- Printed/photocopy of the syllabus from the official record of the institution conferring the degree (English version only).
- Documentary evidence of completion of studies abroad, (supported by original and a photocopy of passport with visa entries, University letter etc.)
- Equivalence by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- A cop of Certificate of Registration of Pakistan Engineering Council/Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/Pakistan Pharmacy Council.
- Equivalence Fee (Original Bank Challan) (Non-refundable).