May 08, 2016
Jul 03, 2016
Jul 10, 2016
Jul 24, 2016
How to Prepare for Punjab CET 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
Punjab CET 2016 Important Instructions
(i) The candidates be admitted strictly in accordance with the Regulations/Rules contained in latest University Calendars/guidelines/any other Instructions which have been issued/may be issued by the University, from time to time, for the respective Courses/examinations and in order of merit. The instructions given in this circular should in particular be adhered to while making admission for the session . The list of all such candidates selected for admission/waiting list be displayed on the Notice Board of the respective College.
(ii) The admission forms should have separate columns for Father’s and Mother’s names. The name of mother and father should be mentioned in all records. However, in case some students do not wish to declare the name of both the parents (either of mother or father) they may not be insisted upon and no one be denied admission on this ground.
(iii) Where the number of the seats are fixed, the total number of students admitted to a particular class must not exceed the number of seats sanctioned by the University.
(iv) The admission be made according to the schedule of dates approved by the University and circulated by the Deputy Registrar (Colleges) from time to time.
(v) When an admission notice is given in the Newspapers by the respective college, it should be clearly mentioned that the candidates coming from other Universities/Boards/Councils/Bodies must bring with them, qualifying examination Certificate at the time of admission. Migration Certificate be submitted latest by 30th of September in the University Office. These certificates be verified from the Result Gazette. If Gazette is not available student should submit an affidavit to the effect that if the documents are not found correct his/her admission to the course will liable to be canceled.
(vi) For admission, fraction of marks less than the requisite percentage would not be rounded off to the advantage of the candidates, i.e. 32.9%, 39.9% and 49.9% shall not be rounded off to 33%, 40% and 50% etc.
(vii) Permission of the Vice-chancellor is necessary for admission after the expiry of the last date. However, the candidates be admitted provisionally at their own risk and responsibility subject to approval of the late admission by the Vice-Chancellor and conveyed to College/Deptt. by the University.
Punjab CET FAQ
1) When was University of the Punjab established?
14 October 1882.
2) How can I get the Information Brochure and Application Form ?
The information brochure and application form will be available for sale at : PTU Kapurthala Campus, PTU Jalandhar Campus, Directorate of Technical Education Plot No-1, Sector-36 A, Chandigarh, Punjab Bhawan, Room No. 708, B-Block Copernicus Marg, New Delhi and All Engineering/Pharmacy/Architecture Colleges affiliated to PTU and selected branches of Punjab National Bank (see at www.ptu.ac.in) for Rs. 550/- at counter, Rs. 600/- by post through DD in favour of Registrar, PTU payable at Jalandhar.
3) Can I apply for registration online?
The University of the Panjab has recently been started the facility of online submission of registration form. Check here to submit registration form online.
4) From where registration forms can be obtained?
Registration form can be obtained from the admin branch of the university. However can be obtained online available on the official website of the university. Click here to download the admission form.
5) What is the last date submission of registration form?
The registration form can be submitted during the month of June.
6) Can registration be submitted by post ?
The registration form can be submitted by post.
7) From where admission’s form can be downloaded?
Admission form can be downloaded on the official website of the university.
8) How much fee I have to deposit?
Please follow link ‘Home-> Fee Details and Important Dates’ for getting your fee details.
9) My Fee slip is not generating. What should I do?
There can be 2 cases:
(i) If you are college student, your fee slip will not be generated.
(ii)If you are correspondence or USOL (University School of Open Learning) student, then also your fee slip will not be generated.
10) I am a USOL/Department/College student then why I should select ‘Student Type’ as private?
A Reappear/deficient/Additional/Improvement exam is always given as Private Student.
11) I have lost my username and password?
Please follow the link ‘Home-> Forgot Password’ to recover your username and password. You will receive it on your mobile & email id. If you also have forgotten your Application No./Username , you may find it on your fee slip.
12) I am not able to deposit fee in Bank as they said ‘your record not found’?
Download Post Office challan and submit your fees in Post Office.
13) Whether I have to submit hard copy of my examination form?
Yes, if you are a College/USOL/University Department student then you have to submit your hard copy in your concerned department. If you are private student then you have to to submit the PRINTOUT of the examination form (Private Candidates) duly attested by class A gazzeted officer along with copy of the BANK SLIP either by Hand or by Post before the Last Date to Admin Block Basement, Sector-14, Panjab University.
14) In Which Month Conducts Punjab CET (B.tech) Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Second week of July every year.
15) When and how will I get the admit card (hall ticket)?
Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the official website (pu.ac.in) around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
16) I am unable to download my Admit Card.
If you are a private/USOL student then login into your account with your username and password, and download your admit card. College or University Department students, get your admit card from your College or University Department.
17) I have already submitted my fees but it is not confirmed/updated on website yet?
If your fee has not been confirmed even after 48 hours of fee submission then either send fee slip scan copy at our E-mail Id mentioned in contact details or visit Computer Unit, Aruna Ranjit Hall, PU.
18) I am not able to upload my Photo & Signature?
Reduce size of your Photo & Signature upto less than 100KB, then try again to upload.
19) I have downloaded my Rollno. But its not showing Rollno. And Center?
Either you didn’t have submitted hard copy(print out) of your form in form cell or there would be some discrepancy related to your form which you can see on your rollno. Please visit Examination Branch, Admin Block, PU and meet your concerned dealing(name is mentioned on your rollno).
20) What is the Eligibility for Punjab CET (B.Tech)?
+2 examination under 10+2+3 system of education of a recognized University/Board/Council.
NOTE: The lateral entry from Diploma to 2nd year of 4-year B.Tech. degree level would be open only to 3 year Diploma holders who have completed Matriculation Examination with Physics and Mathematics. In addition, the candidate must have obtained 60% marks in the aggregate in the Diploma Course as required by AICTE.
21) What is the Exam Pattern for Punjab CET (B.Tech)?
The duration of the Entrance Test will be 280 minutes and it will consist of 60 multiple-choice questions of two mark each.
Section 1 -Physics - 60 Ques
Section 2 -Mathematics - 60 Ques
Section 3 -Chemistry - 60 Ques
Section 4 -Computer Science - 60 Ques
Total Marks - 240 *2 - 480 marks
Test duration- 70 minutes * 4 - 90 minutes.
22) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
23) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,there is negative marking of 1/4 marks for each wrong answer.
24) How are the students from outside Punjab are admitted?
Candidate from outside Punjab (15% category) shall be admitted in above Universities / Colleges through AIEEE merit list. Detailed information is available at www.ptu.ac.in.
25) If I fail in one subject only then under what condition i would be able to get star on that subject and consider over all pass.?
If you got 400 marks in other subjects excluding failing subject then you deserve to get star on that subject.
26) When will the Punjab CET (B.Tech) results be declared?
After 10 working days of the test.
27) For how long is the Punjab CET (B.Tech) score valid?
The Punjab CET (B.Tech) score is valid for just one year.
28) Is Punjab CET (B.Tech) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
29) Are the courses offered by PTU are approved by AICTE ?
Here are the courses that are approved by AICTE which are offered by PTU :B. Tech, B. Pharmacy, B. Architecture, Hotel Management & Catering Technology (Four year course), MBA, MCA, M. Tech, M. Pharamacy .
30) Does the University have different standards for the various Compuses?
University of the Punjab has Quaid-i-Azam, Allama Iqbal , Gujranwala, Khanspur and jehlum campus and have the same standard.
31) What if I need to ask a question?
- You can contact on given email/ Phone Numbers.
- Here is link: http://pu.edu.pk/page/show/contact-us.html
32) Is the University of the Punjab degree recognized?
Yes,University of the Punjab degree recognized.
33) How many campuses does the University have?
5 campuses are there.
34) If I need some information about Scholarships then at which email address i can get this?
35) Are there any provisions for students applying in PU from out side of Lahore to have hostel facility in University of the Punjab?
Punjab University provide hostel facility to those who get admission in PU any department / institute on regular at morning time.
36) What are the required documents for Equivalence Form?
- Original and attested photocopy of each degree/diploma obtained with English translation, if required.
- Photocopy of transcripts year-wise duly signed & stamped by the issuing authority.
- Proof of registration for the degree/diploma (a copy of admission letter etc. be provided).
- Printed/photocopy of the syllabus from the official record of the institution conferring the degree (English version only).
- Documentary evidence of completion of studies abroad, (supported by original and a photocopy of passport with visa entries, University letter etc.)
- Equivalence by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- A cop of Certificate of Registration of Pakistan Engineering Council/Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/Pakistan Pharmacy Council.
- Equivalence Fee (Original Bank Challan) (Non-refundable).