Mar 27, 2016
May 29, 2016
Jun 25, 2016
How to Prepare for RMAT 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
RMAT 2016 Important Instructions
1. The duration of Examination will be of 2.30 hours (150 Minutes).
2. The doors of examination hall shall be opened on the examination day . No candidate shall be admitted to the examination hall after 15 minutes of starting the examination.
3. A seat marked with Roll Number will be allotted to each candidate. The candidate should ensure that he/she has occupied the correct seat only. If any candidate is found to have occupied the seat of another candidate, such candidates shall be removed from the examination and shall have to accept any other penalty imposed upon them.
4. Candidates are required to bring their own BLACK BALL POINT PEN ONLY (NOT GEL PEN) for answering the question paper. They must not bring log tables, calculators, mobiles or any other objectionable materials with them in the examination hall.
5. Candidates should read the instructions carefully given in the question paper booklet. They shall abide by the instructions issued during the examination, by the Invigilators or the Centre Superintendent.
6. The medium of Question paper of RMAT would be English.
7. Candidate must ensure that question paper booklet contains all the pages and no question is missing. In a case of any discrepancy, he/she must inform to the invigilator within 10 minutes to the commencement of the examination thereafter no second question paper booklet shall be issued to a candidate
1) What is RMAT?
Rajasthan Management Aptitude Test(RMAT) is an entrance test for admission into the two-year MBA course for Management Institutions of Rajasthan affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.
2) Who conducts RMAT ?
RMAT is conducted by the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
3) How can I register for RMAT examination ?
RMAT Application Form – It is in the form of OMR sheet which is to be filled in by the candidates using BLACK BALL POINT PEN ONLY in their own handwriting (Use HB pencil for marking the bubbles). It should neither be folded nor to be stapled in any case. Aspirants can purchasethe application form for the test till first week of April (without late fee).
4) What is the fee to be paid for the form ?
Application Fee is Rs. 1000 .
5) Which modes the payment can be done ?
Duly filled RMAT application form (with all enclosures) should be put into this envelope and sent to the Coordinator, RMAT, Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan, W-6, Residency Road, Jodhpur – 342 032 by Registered post / Speed post (not by courier). The same can also be dropped in the locked box kept in the RMAT office, Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan, Jodhpur.
- In any case, the Application Form should not be handed over to any person.
Note : Put the enclosure in the envelope. Do not staple them with OMR sheet.
6) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on Last week of May.
7) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam ?
The test will be conducted at 23 cities. The list of RMAT test centres can be obtained using the link given below:-(http://www.rtu.ac.in/RTU/mba-exam-centres).
8) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admission Card for RMAT will be sent to the candidate at his/her address as mentioned in RMAT Application Form. The Coordinator RMAT reserve the right to withdraw the permission granted by mistake to a candidate who is not eligible to appear in RMAT even though the admission Card has been issued and produced by the candidate before the Centre Superintendent of RMAT.
In case the admission card is not received by the candidate till the stipulated date, the candidate may contact the coordinator RMAT immediately by fax giving his/her RMAT form no., mailing address and test centre requested.
9) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card ?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
10) What is the Domicile Criteria RMAT ?
The Rajasthan Management Aptitude Test (RMAT) is open to the examinees of Rajasthan Domicile only.
11) Can a candidate apply for RMAT- Rajasthan Technical Management Test online ?
No, a candidate can apply only through offine mode.
12) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam ?
No , you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
13) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line ?
No, you cannot Submitted the Application Form through On line.
14) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test ?
No, you are not allowed.
15) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund ?
No. you are not allowed.
16) Can I change my test centre ?
No, you cannot change the test centre.
17) Is RMAT is a state level entrance test ?
Yes, RMAT is a state level entrance exam.
18) What is the mode of conduction of RMAT Exam?
Offline or Pen & paper based examination.
19) What will be the medium of RMAT examination ?
Medium of examination is English.
20) What is the eligibility for RMAT ?
- Candidates should be a graduate or equivalent from a recognized university.
- The students should have a minimum aggregate of 50%.Students appearing for their final year examination are also eligible to apply.
- candidates also need to be a domicile of Rajasthan.
21) What is the structure/pattern of RMAT exam ?
The RMAT- Rajasthan Technical Management Test will consist of 200 multiple choice questions with 4 alternative answers.
The correct choice of answer is to be filled in the OMR sheet using Black Ball Point Pen.
No of questions
Reasoning and Aptitude
Data analysis and interpretation
Test Duration- 150 minutes (2½ Hours)
22) How many questions are there in each section for RMAT question paper ?
Each section consists of 40 questions and the total duration for attending the entire paper is 150 minutes.
23) Is there any deduction for wrong answers?
No. There are no negative marks for any wrong responses given by the candidates.
24) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
25) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue ?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
26) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test RMAT ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
27) When are RMAT Results Out?
Results will be available on the website Last week of June.
28) When will I get the Score card ?
The candidates will receive the score card in Last week of June.
29) For how long is the RMAT score valid ?
The RMAT score is valid for just one year.
30) Will the results be available online ?
Yes, on RMAT University website :-(http://www.esuvidha.info./) .
31) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.
32) Is RMAT result based on ranking or percentile ?
The result is based on ranking.
33) Which are the Top institutes that accept RMAT Scores ?
Top Institutes accepting RMAT score :
- R A Podar Institute of Management,
- Jaipur FMS,
- Udaipur IIIM,
- Jaipur JILM,
- Jaipur SUBODH, Jaipur
34) What is the fee structure for the programs at RMAT MBA ?
Fee Structure 27500/- Per Semester, (First Semester 27500 + 7500Caution Money)
35) What are the important documents need to be submitted at the time of admission ?
At the time of reporting in the allotted institute, the candidates will have to deposit all original documents, certificates and a specified amount towards fee. The allotted institute would check the documents and other required certificates with originals. If the admission is granted, the amount would not be returned / refunded under any circumstances. The original documents will be returned by the respective College after the University enrollment has been done.
36) What are the placement status?
With the perseverant and dedicated efforts of Training and Placement Cell of RTU, MBA Final Year students have been selected and placed through campus interviews. Further many more companies have already given consent for conducting campus interviews for future MBA batches. Students educated and passed from RTU have been gracefully placed in leading Banks, corporate houses, government departments and Educational Institutions etc. Some of the leading employers are Qatar Airways, Infosys,ITC, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Bank of Maharashtra,Syndicate Bank, Bank of India, HDFC Bank, SBBJ, Birla Sunlife, Religare, Canara Bank, Yes Bank, State Bank of Patiala, Wonder Cement etc.