Feb 03, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
May 06, 2017
May 19, 2017
How to Prepare for SET Law 2017
It is very important to have clear approach while preparing for the exam. One should keep themselves updated of all current affairs happening around the the World all through his preparation journey.
The trick is to understand that in BA LLB entrance test all subjects are equally important. An efficient preparation of English & Reasoning will prepare you for critical reasoning. You also need to practice legal reasoning in addition to English. Also, preparation of Mathematics (even though maths is not there in some BBA LLB entrance test). You will also prepare for Analytical Reasoning (Puzzles, coding-decoding etc.) as skills require to master both these subjects are largely similar. The strategy should be to devote the maximum amount of time in mastering subjects with compound effect.
Do a lot of practice in GK as well. The inclusion of subjects like Static General Knowledge and Legal General Knowledge has made the test quite challenging. It is a usual that more importance must be given to subjects like Analytical, Logical and Legal Reasoning. Remember that GK (along with Legal GK) questions play a good role in scoring big and anyone having command over GK can not only score with ease but also with less time. For comprehension, one should practice reading a lot.
Another strategy for quickly improving scores is by solving as many Mocks as possible, and more importantly, giving enough time to yourself for analyzing these Mocks.
1. Read daily newspaper for Current affairs and general awareness.
2. Consistently practice model papers for reasoning questions.
3. Prepare a timetable and allot time to subjects on the basis of priority and knowledge level
4. Plan Time Management for the success of preparation.
SET Law 2017 Important Instructions
1. For the Morning Session (Law and Design Test), reach the test centre latest by 8.45 a.m. The test will start at 9.30 a.m. Note that no extra time will be given for candidates who report late at the test centre.
2. For the Afternoon Session (General, Engineering and Health Sciences Test), reachthe test centre latest by 1:45 p.m. The test procedure will start at 2:30 p.m. Note that no extra time will be given for candidates who report late at the test centre.
3. Bring the following to the Test Centre:
a. The SET admit card: Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the test without the admit card.
b. Photo identity: Bring any one of the following:
- Driving license
- College/Institute identity card
- Credit card with photograph
- Voters ID card
- AADHAR Card (UID Card)
c. Blue/Black ballpoint pen.
4. Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in
calculators/ memory and any other electronic gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall.
5. Occupy the seat allotted to you by verifying the seat number written on the desk and indicated on your admit card.
6. The Test Invigilator will check your admit card.
7. The test invigilators will instruct you to open the seals of the test booklet 15 minutes before the start of the test.
8. Check immediately to ensure that all the pages of the booklet are in order. In the rare event of the test booklet being defective, bring it to the notice of the invigilator, who will arrange for replacement of test booklet if required.
9. You are not allowed to leave the hall until the test is over and the invigilator collects the Answer Sheets and Test Booklets. You will be allowed to leave the hall only after the Answer Sheets and Test Booklets of all the candidates in your hall have been collected and accounted for.
10. Candidates found using any unfair means will forfeit their chance of being considered for admission and will be debarred from receiving SET scores.
11. Invigilator or Symbiosis Test Secretariat representative will stamp and authenticate your admit card.
*You are required to preserve this authenticated admit card for further selection processes at individual institutes. Duplicate admit card will not be issued in case original is lost by the candidate Undergraduate.
Categories listed under International Students Admissions:
Foreign National (FN):
A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN),if he/she holds a foreign passport.
Person of Indian Origin (PIO):
A student is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO), if he/she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
Non Resident Indian (NRI):
A student is eligible to apply as a Non Resident Indian (NRI), if he/she has appeared either for the 10 or 10+2 (equivalent to the Indian 10th & 12th) examination outside India.
It is mandatory for the student who falls in the NRI Category and has appeared for 12th in India to appear for the SET TEST.
SET Law FAQ
1) I have received the SET ID & Password, how can I use it?
You can use the SET ID /email and password to fill in the SET application form, view / print the admit card, check MyMail, modify personal details. If you apply to institutes which take SET scores, you should use your SET ID.
2) My SET ID is 999999. Please send the password to this mail id immediately.
You will receive an email within 24 hours of registration. If you do not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) I could not register online for SET, since the following error message appeared - "Java Script Error".
Please use Internet Explorer Ver 6.0 or above. Please note that the browsers like Mozilla firefox and Google chrome will also support the application.
4) I am unable to download the e-bulletin.
Your connection may be slow. Please try again.
5) I could not register online for SET, as I am not able to proceed after "I agree" in the terms and conditions page.
6) Is there any age limit to apply for any of the institutes under SET?
Symbiosis Law school has an age limit. Candidate must be less than 20 years of age at the time of appearing for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) as on Saturday, May 03, 2015. (2 years relaxation only for SC/ST candidates i.e. they should not be more than 22 years of age on the specified date).
7) My current address is valid only till March end. Is it possible for me to update and make a change in the address in early April?
Yes, you can modify any set of personal details. You can do this after you have received your SET ID /email and password.
8) I have registered online and sent the DD/Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Congratulations on completing the first step to qualify for SET. You must have received an email of SET Payment confirmation after the authentication.
9) I registered online, but sent my DD without mentioning the SET ID. What do I do now?
Please send an email to email@example.com providing the DD number, bank on which it was drawn, your name, date of birth, phone number and email id. Mention "sent payment without SET ID in the subject line.
10) I filled up the form online and have taken the DD also. I do not have access to a printer to print the payment advice form. What do I do?
You need to fill in your details with your SET ID on a plain white sheet and send the DD along with it.