Jan 23, 2017
Apr 15, 2017
Apr 22, 2017
May 21, 2017
How to Prepare for SAAT (MBA) 2017
- It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
- It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
- It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
- Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
- Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
- Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
- Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
- So focus on basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
- Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many a exam has reasoning questions with double wieghtage. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
- Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learnt during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections, because most competitive exams have similar syllabus.
- While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
- However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
- For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
- In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
- In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
- Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
- Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
- In Manorama Year Book and CSR.
SAAT (MBA) 2017 Important Instructions
- The SAAT will be held at different centres as per the schedule.
- The medium of examination is English.
- The examination hall shall be opened to the candidates half an hour before the examination commences. No candidate will be allowed to enter into the examination
- hall without a valid original / duplicate admit card, ID proof.
- Candidates are required to take their respective seats at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the examination, strictly according to the sitting chart notified earlier by the Centre Superintendent.
- In no case a candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination hall after the examination starts.
- Attendance will be taken by the invigilators on the Attendance Roll sheets provided by the Director (Admissions), with full signature of candidates against their Roll Numbers, 15 minutes before the commencement of examination. During the examination the candidates have to enter their Roll Number and the Application Number which shall be verified by the invigilators.
- Do not carry any of your belongings inside the exam centre including mobile phone, cellular phones, pagers, palm tops, blue tooth devices, or any electronic device which has the potential of misuse in cheating or unauthorized communication during the examination.
- You are required to produce your Hall Ticket and ID proof (which bears your photography and date of birth) at the registration desk without which entry will not be allowed.
- At the registration desk, your identity is verified, Hall Ticket scanned, photograph captured and you are assigned to a computer.
- For working purpose a rough sheet will be provided at the workstation. All rough work will need to be done in this paper sheet and no additional material will be given for rough work.
- The administrator is authorized to dismiss you from the rest session for any of the following reasons:
- Creating disturbance, Attempting to take the test on behalf of someone else, Talking to other examinees, Attempting to tamper with the computer system - either hardware or software, If found with calculators, slide rules, pagers, cell phones, concealed microphones, wireless devices or any other material that may aid in answering questions, In addition, specific instructions mentioned by invigilators to be followed during the entrance examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the hall until the examination is over. Ordinarily no candidate shall be allowed to leave the hall temporarily during the examination.
- Candidates are not permitted to talk to each other in the examination hall. No one should receive any help from or assist another in any manner. Malpractice in any form detected during or after the examination would lead to not only cancellation of candidature but also more severe punishment as deemed fit by the SAAT committee.
- A candidate wishing to say anything should stand up in his/her seat and remain standing till the invigilator attends him/her. He/she should in no case leave the seat or make any noise to draw the invigilator’s attention.
- In any other matter not mentioned in these rules, the Centre Superintendent is empowered to take necessary decisions.
SAAT (MBA) FAQ
1) What is Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University Admission Test (MBA) ?
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University (SOAU), Bhubaneswar has announced the exam dates for Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT), which will be conducted in month of may ,SAAT - seventh edition of this entrance test, will be held in month May at 72 centers across 50 cities of India. The SAAT is held for taking admission to different programs offered in different constituent institutes/schools of the university.
2) Who is the conducting body for Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University Admission Test (MBA) ?
SAAT is conducted by Siksha 'O' Anusandhan - Deemed to be University.
3) Where can I get the application form for Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University Admission Test (MBA) ?
Candidates can apply online at official website.
4) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
Candidates can apply online at official website.
There is no examination / application fees.
5) When is the last date to apply for SAAT ?
Last sate for SAAT form submission is Second week of April.
6) When will I get my Admit Card ?
- Admit card will be sent by speed post about 10 days prior to the entrance. Candidate can also download their Admit cards from the University website.
- The candidate is required to produce a valid identity proof (as mentioned in the application form and Admit Card) along with printed Admit Card.
- Candidates must preserve the admit card till the admission process is over.
7) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card ?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
8) Could I Submission One Application for multiple programmers?
No,Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. Multiple applications for a particular stream of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
9) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam ?
No , you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
10) What are the items that can be taken inside SAAT examination hall ?
Candidates should bring their own black / blue ball pens, HB pencils for writing and blackening the circles. Books, printed papers (other than their Admit Cards), manuscripts, or electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, cell phones and electronic diary calculators etc, should not be taken into the examination hall.
11) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test ?
No, you are not allowed.
12) Where should I submit the duly completed application form for Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University Admission Test (MBA) ?
The application form complete in all respect shall be submitted by Speed Post or Courier to Siksha O Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar.
13) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund ?
No. you are not allowed.
14) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test centre.
15) What is the mode of conduction of SAAT MBA Exam?
Offline or Pen & paper based examination.
16) What will be the medium of OJEE MBA examination ?
Medium of examination is English.
17) What are the various Eligibility Norms of SAAT (MBA) Programme?
Pass or appearing (2016) Bachelor Degree in Science, Commerce and Arts/ B.E./ B.Tech./ MBBS/ B.Pharm./ B.Sc. Agri./ BVSC/ BHMS/ BAMS/ BDS/ BPT/ BHMCT/ BBA/ BCA examination or equivalent in 2016 from any recognised University with atleast 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST/OBC category).
18) I’m pursuing my Bachelor’s degree or any Professional degree like B.E./ B.Tech./ MBBS/ B.Pharm./ B.Sc. Agri. etc, am I eligible to appear for SAAt(MBA)?
Yes, you are eligible to appear for SAAt(MBA).
19) I am a General class candidate and got 49% (range of 40-60%) in the Bachelor’s degree. Am i eligible for SAAT MBA entrance exams ?
No,you aren’t eligible to appear for SAAT (MBA).
20) What is the structure of SAAT ?
The Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (MBA) exam question paper shall be of multiple choices.
- Subjects covered and total marks are as follows-
Sections No of Questions
Verbal Reasoning 30
Analytical Reasoning 30
General Knowledge 20
Computer Fundamentals 20
Total Marks - 120 x 4 = 480 marks
Test duration- 2 Hours
21) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
22) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes, 1 mark deducted for each incorrect answer also If more than one circle is darkened for one question, it will be treated as an incorrect answer and one mark will be deducted.
23) Are there any breaks during the test ?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
24) When will the SAAT(MBA) results be declared ?
Results will be available on the website last week of May.Please refer official website for final result announcement date.
25) For how long is the SAAT(MBA) score valid ?
The SAAT(MBA) score is valid for just one year.
26) Is SAAT(MBA) result based on ranking or percentile ?
The result is based on ranking.
27) What is the fee structure for the programs at SAAT MBA ?
SAAT MBA Annual Fee is 2,50,000/- p.a.
28) What are the specializations offered at Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University in MBA ?
- MBA in specialised areas, viz., marketing, finance, human resource and systems
- MBA in Hospital Administration
29) What is the Refund Rules of Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University ?
The University shall refund the paid fees as per the following rules :
a. If a candidate withdraws his/her admission after the counselling and before the classes starts dates (as notified to the students),the candidate will be refunded all fees paid after deducting the processing fees of ` 1,000/-.
b. Any candidate withdrawing his/her admission after commencement of classes, no refund will be made.
c. For refund the candidate / parent have to submit a written application addressed to the Director (Admissions), Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University along with the original University registration card. The bank account details (for RTGS) of the candidate only is required to be filled in a form available with the Admission Cell and submit along with the photocopy of the front page of the passbook and the original money receipt fo the all the fees paid.
d. The refund information given above is indicative and the University reserved the right to make changes.
30) What are the important documents need to be submitted at the time of COUNSELLING - CUM - ADMISSION ?
ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO BE BROUGHT ON THE DAY OF THE COUNSELLING - CUM - ADMISSION.
a)Admit card of SAAT-2016
b)Rank Card of SAAT–2016
c)Proof of Identity
d)Original Date of Birth Certificate / 10th certificate
e)Original School / College Leaving Certificate
g)+2 Mark Sheet and 10th Mark Sheet
h)Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree Certificate (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
i)Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
j)Bachelor’s Degree Certificate (for MCA / M.Tech. /M.Pharm. / M.Sc.Nursing / M.Sc. All / MBA / MHA /MHM / MTTM)
k)Bachelor’s Degree Mark Sheet (for MCA / M.Tech. /M.Pharm. / M.Sc. Nursing / M.Sc. All / MBA / MHA /MHM / MTTM)
l)Bank Draft: A fee of ` 30,000/- in the form of a demand draft drawn from any nationalized bank in favour of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar, payable at Bhubaneswar.
m) Any other relevant certificate as mentioned in thisBrochure.
n)Two sets of attested photocopy of all original documents.
o)Four recent passport size coloured photographs
p)Caste Certificate in the prescribed format along with original caste certificate.
31) What are the placement status?
The department has arranged at least 300 companies from inside and outside the state to take part in the placement process like:- Alembic, ICICI, RBS Global, AXIS Bank, TATA AIG, Vodafone, HDFC, Airtel, Samsung, ING Vysya, Reliance Communication, Apollo Hospitals, Berger Paints, Asian Paints, Colgate, Palmolive, BATA, etc.
32) Is the institute’s MBA Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE ?
SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY all the institutes and programmes are duly recognized by respective statutory bodies like National Board of Accreditation; Medical CounciI of India; Dental Council of India; Pharmacy CounciI of India; Indian Nursing Council; Odisha Nurses and Mid-wifery Council, Govt. of Odisha; AICTE;Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India; Bar Council of India; ICAR, Govt. of India; etc.
ISO 9001:2008 Certification by URS, United Kingdom in testimony to our commitment towards imparting quality research and professional education matching with aspirations of future generation.
33) Is the University NAAC accredited ?
SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY is a Deemed University declared Under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 (Govt. of India). Accredited by NAAC of University Grants Commission (UGC) with ‘A’ Grade with CGPA 3.35.