Feb 14, 2016
Apr 16, 2016
Apr 23, 2016
May 01, 2016
How to Prepare for SRMCAT 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than routes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of SRMCAT MBA .You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of SRMCAT MBA , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
SRMCAT 2016 Important Instructions
Eligibility conditions such as the minimum percentage of marks / CGPA obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination shall be as prescribed by the University from time to time.
The university reserves the right to add / delete programs depending on the viability to offer the same.
Accommodation in the University hostels will be subject to availability and allocation will be done only after the payment of full tuition fees and enrollment.
All disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts at Chennai only.
All candidates admitted to the University shall maintain good conduct, pay the requisite tuition fees and other charges by the due dates, attend their classes regularly and abide by the rules and regulations of the University. If at any point of time, the conduct and character of a candidate is not satisfactory or is of a suspicious nature, the management reserves the right, without assigning any reason, to make him / her vacate the hostel or expel him / her from the University.
Ragging juniors in any form is forbidden. If anyone is found ragging his / her juniors, he / she can be rusticated from the University.
1) Where is SRM ?
SRM is near Chennai, Tamil Nadu, around 1/2 hour drive from Chennai airport.
2) Tell me about SRM University ?
SRM University, established as SRM Engineering College in 1985 got the university status in 2002. The university is located near Chennai with easy access by road, rail and air. This is rated as No. 1 multi-stream university in India and has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), National Assessment and Accrediting Board (NAAC), Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI) and other statutory councils of India. The university, apart from the conventional programs, offers special collaborative programs like Semester Abroad Program (SAP), Twining / Transfer programs, Dual Degree programs in collaboration with reputed foreign universities.
3) What is the medium of instruction ?
4) When will the application forms be issued ?
We have already released advertisement. Candidates can apply online with e-payment or DD payment.
5) Who can apply?
NRI/PIO/OCI and foreign nationals can apply under the international student admission category.
6) When do I apply?
Candidates can start applying from Second week of February every year.
7) How to apply and from where do I get the application?
Candidates can apply to any of the programs offered by SRM University in any one of the three modes:
- Apply online, using credit / debit card, paying the fee of INR 1060/-
- Download. Fill application details online, download and courier to us along with the fee of INR 1060/- banker draft (DD) / NRI cheque in the name of “SRMIST” payable at Chennai. DD/NRI cheque will be accepted only in INR.
- Application can be obtained from Office of International Relations on payment of fee of INR 1060/- banker draft (DD) / NRI cheque. Complete filling application and courier to us. DD/NRI cheque towards application fee will be accepted only in INR.
8) When is the last date to submit the application ?
The last date to submit the application form is last week of March.
9) Once I apply what will happen ?
Once you send in your application along with the required documents, we will register it and an application number will be allotted to you. If the application is complete and found eligible, a provisional admission letter will be sent to you. In this letter, we will let you know as to when we will be offering the admission letters or if If your application is incomplete, we will write to you requesting to submit the pending documents/information.
10) In Which Month Conducts SRMCAT Exam ?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Last week of April every year.
11) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of December (onwards). You will have to log onto the SRMCAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from Offical website.
12) What is the mode of conduction of SRMCAT ?
Online or Computer based exam.
13) What are the eligibility requirements for admission ?
A Bachelor’s degree with minimum aggregate of 60%
14) What kind of questions there will be in SRMCAT ?
There will be 100 objective type questions in the exam.
15) What will be the exam structure of SRMCAT ?
SRM Common Admission Test (SRMCAT) Exam paper consists of 100 questions with duration of 150 minutes.
The question paper will have 5 parts with the following topics:
PART 1.Data Interpretation: (20 Questions)
PART 2. Quantitative: (20 Questions)
PART 3. Reasoning: (20 Questions)
PART 4. English: (20 Questions)
PART 5. GK/CA/BA: (20 Questions)
Total Questions - 100 Questions
Total Marks - 300 Marks
16) Is there any special eligibility requirements along with the graduation for SRMCAT ?
No, you just need to have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 60% marks.
17) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
18) Will there be any negative marking ?
Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
19) May I use calculator in the examination?
No, use of calculator, mobile phone or any other electronics devices is strictly prohibited.
20) I have secured an eligible rank in the SRMCAT entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 59% in qualifying examination. Can I attend counselling?
No. For admission to MBA, the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying examination"
21) When are SRMCAT Results Out ?
10 working days after the test.
22) For how long do the SRMCAT scores valid for admission ?
SRMCAT scores are valid for one year only.
23) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on SRMCAT Offical website.
24) What is the fee structure for the programs at SRMCAT (MBA)?
Note: NA - Not Applicable
25) What is the time duration required to complete counselling ?
In the normal course, the counselling may take about 6 hours.
26) Should we deposit the original certificates on the day of counselling ?
No need to deposit but you have to produce all original certificates for scrutiny by the University.
27) Is there any facility for us to stay in the campus when we come for counselling ?
No, we don't have any facility. You have to make your own arrangement. However, you can stay at the SRM Hotel (Star Category) near the campus. The contact details are: Ph: 044-27454249, 27453156 Fax : 44 - 27454250, e - mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
28) Is SRM arranging for Educational loan through banks ?
SRM University plays the role of a facilitator in this aspect. Number of banks will be available in the counseling venue to process loan application and issue on the- spot in – principle sanctioning letter.
29) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counselling ?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
30) Can we pay the counselling fee by cash?
No. All the fees have to be paid online or by DD.
31) What about Hostel accommodation?
Hostel accommodation is available. Hostel officials will be available in the counseling venue. You can contact them for all details. Also check the contact page in our website and correspond with the officials concerned.
32) What are the scholarships available in the University ?
SRM University offers variety of scholarships for deserving candidates.
33) What about Placement facilities in SRM University?
We have an enviable placement track record. There is a placement cell headed by a Dean and supported by Placement officers from all campuses and from all faculty. Most of the eligible students are placed in campus selection itself.
34) Can you please guide us to do correction in our entered data?
You have to send us e-mail (email@example.com) with the details of the corrections to be done quoting your application number. We shall effect the corrections and inform you.
35) Can the counseling date be rescheduled ?
36) What is the dress code ?
As prescribed by the faculty in which you take admission.