Feb 10, 2016
Apr 26, 2016
May 07, 2016
May 20, 2016
How to Prepare for SET 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of BBA course. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
SET 2016 Important Instructions
1) I could not register online for SET (BBA) , as I am not able to proceed after “I agree”?
2) I am unable to download the Admission Brochure for SET (BBA)?
Your connection may be slow. Please try again.
3) My current address is valid only till March end. Is it possible for me to update and make a change in the address in early April for SET (BBA)?
Yes, you can modify any set of personal details. You can do this after you have received your SET ID /email and password.
4) Is there any age limit to apply for any of the institutes under SET(BBA)?
5) I could not register online for SET as I am not able to proceed after "I agree" in the terms and conditions page for SET (BBA)?
6) I could not register online for SET(BBA), since the following error message appeared - "Java Script Error".?
Please use Internet Explorer Ver 6.0 or above. Please note that the browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google chrome will also support the application. I am unable to download the e-bulletin. Your connection may be slow. Please try again.
7) I have received the SET (BBA)ID & Password, what can I use it for?
You can use the SET ID /email and password to fill in the SET application form, view / print the admit card, check MyMail, modify personal details. If you apply to institutes accepting SET scores, use your SET ID.
8) My current address is valid only till April end. Is it possible for me to update and make a change in the address ?
Yes, you can modify any set of personal details. You can do this after you have received your SET (BBA) ID and Password.
9) What is Online examination?
It is a secured and un-interrupted Computer based test using LAN.
10) Is there any requirement of computer skills for SET (BBA)?
The candidate need to only know how to operate computer mouse.
11) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for SET (BBA)?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
12) What will be the medium of Online SET (BBA) examination ?
Medium of examination is English.
13) What is exam pattern for SET (BBA)?
a. Duration: 150 minutes. b. SET is an objective test. c. Papers: SET (Gen) is conducted in two sessions for FIVE question papers. A candidate may apply to take one paper from each session. d. Institutes: The constituent institutes use scores of the following for admission. SET is an aptitude test and objective in nature for all the papers. Each question has four options as answers. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. All sections are mandatory. 1 General English 2 Quantitative 3 General Awareness 4 Analytical and Logical Reasoning
14) What is SET (BBA) exam durations?
Duration: 150 minutes.
15) What is Total marks for SET (BBA) Exam ?
Total Marks is 150