Dec 26, 2016
Apr 22, 2017
May 06, 2017
May 19, 2017
How to Prepare for SET 2017
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on the basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many an exam has reasoning questions with double weight age. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learned during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections because most competitive exams have a similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
- In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
- In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
- Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
- Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
- In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
- Who is who
- What is what
- Science scan
- Human body
- Various Landmarks of history
SET 2017 Important Instructions
- Bring the following documents while reporting to the Test Centre:
- Admit Card
- Your latest coloured passport size photograph should be pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for
- Photo identity as specified in the Admit Card page
- Blue/Black ballpoint pen
- Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built-in calculators/memory or any electronic gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall
- Occupy the seat allotted to you by verifying the SEAT NUMBER pasted on the desk and indicated in your Admit Card
- The Test Invigilator will check your Admit Card
- The Test Booklet will be distributed just before the starting time of the Test. The candidate must ensure that the booklet is sealed. If the seal is found broken or tampered with, please bring this matter to the notice of the invigilator immediately
- At 14.00 hrs, the Test Invigilator will instruct you to open the seals of the Test Booklet and commence answering the test
- Check immediately that all the pages of the booklet are in order. In the rare event of the Test Booklet being defective, bring it to the notice of the invigilator immediately who will arrange for the replacement of Test Booklet, if required
1) I could not register online for SET (BBA) , as I am not able to proceed after “I agree”?
2) I am unable to download the Admission Brochure for SET (BBA)?
Your connection may be slow. Please try again.
3) My current address is valid only till March end. Is it possible for me to update and make a change in the address in early April for SET (BBA)?
Yes, you can modify any set of personal details. You can do this after you have received your SET ID /email and password.
4) Is there any age limit to apply for any of the institutes under SET(BBA)?
5) I could not register online for SET as I am not able to proceed after "I agree" in the terms and conditions page for SET (BBA)?
6) I could not register online for SET(BBA), since the following error message appeared - "Java Script Error".?
Please use Internet Explorer Ver 6.0 or above. Please note that the browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google chrome will also support the application. I am unable to download the e-bulletin. Your connection may be slow. Please try again.
7) I have received the SET (BBA)ID & Password, what can I use it for?
You can use the SET ID /email and password to fill in the SET application form, view / print the admit card, check MyMail, modify personal details. If you apply to institutes accepting SET scores, use your SET ID.
8) My current address is valid only till April end. Is it possible for me to update and make a change in the address ?
Yes, you can modify any set of personal details. You can do this after you have received your SET (BBA) ID and Password.
9) What is Online examination?
It is a secured and un-interrupted Computer based test using LAN.
10) Is there any requirement of computer skills for SET (BBA)?
The candidate need to only know how to operate computer mouse.
11) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for SET (BBA)?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
12) What will be the medium of Online SET (BBA) examination ?
Medium of examination is English.
13) What is exam pattern for SET (BBA)?
a. Duration: 150 minutes. b. SET is an objective test. c. Papers: SET (Gen) is conducted in two sessions for FIVE question papers. A candidate may apply to take one paper from each session. d. Institutes: The constituent institutes use scores of the following for admission. SET is an aptitude test and objective in nature for all the papers. Each question has four options as answers. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. All sections are mandatory. 1 General English 2 Quantitative 3 General Awareness 4 Analytical and Logical Reasoning
14) What is SET (BBA) exam durations?
Duration: 150 minutes.
15) What is Total marks for SET (BBA) Exam ?
Total Marks is 150