May 02, 2016
Jun 07, 2016
Jun 11, 2016
Jun 26, 2016
How to Prepare for TANCET 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of TANCET MBA .You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of TANCET MBA , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
TANCET 2016 Important Instructions
1. Bring the following documents while reporting to the Test Centre:
- Admit Card.
- Your latest coloured passport size photograph should be pasted on the Admit Card at the place provided for.
- Photo identity as specified in the How to Register for TANCET ‘C’ point
- Blue/Black ballpoint pen.
2. Cell phones, calculators, watch calculators, alarm clocks, digital watches with built in calculators/ memory or any electronics gadgets will not be allowed in the examination hall.
3. The Test Invigilator will check your Admit Card and ID proof.
1) What is TANCET ?
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) has to be taken by students who want admission into Post graduate programmes (MBA, MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan) offered by Anna University and colleges affiliated to Anna University as well as to some other aided and unaided universities.
2) Who conducts it ?
Highly esteemed Anna University is responsible for conduction of this exam.
3) How to apply for TANCET ?
- Candidates must register first and fill the details like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Email ID and Password
- The Email Id is the User Login ID for candidates to fill the TANCET Application Form
- They must enter their personal, academic details and choose the discipline applying for as well as the TANCET Exam Centre.
- They must upload a photograph in JPEG or JPG format not exceeding 25 KB.
- After agreeing to the declaration, candidates must pay the application fees online.
- After submission, candidates must take a printout of the application form and safe keep it.
- They must also note the unique TANCET Application No generated.
- They need not send the application form to Anna University.
4) What is the cost of application form?
- Cost of application form is INR 500 for General Candidates and INR 250 for SC/ST Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs.500 (Rs 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates) to complete the application process.
- The entrance test fee can be paid only through Online.
5) Which documents do I need to uploaded to the TANCET along with my application form ?
N need to send these documents along with your application form:
- Copy of X Std. or equivalent mark sheet.
- Copy of XII Std. mark sheet OR 3 years Diploma certificate.
- Entrance Test Fee in the form of Demand Draft.
- Self-attested copy of the permanent community certificate (for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu).
6) In Which Month Conducts MBA TANCET Exam ?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Second week of June every year.
7) What are the entrance test centres for TANCET ?
8) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of June (onwards). You will have to log onto the TANCET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
9) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card ?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
10) Can I apply for more than one programme through a single TANCET exam ?
Yes, you can apply for more than one programme through a single TANCET exam. Candidates have to register only one application for all the three entrance tests. The candidates have to pay ` 500/- (` 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates) as entrance test fee for any one of the programmes,like:-
- M.B.A., or
- M.C.A. or
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan.
11) I do not belong to Tamil nadu. Can I still apply for TANCET ?
Yes, candidates belonging to other states can also apply for TANCET . However, the eligibility criteria will be specified by the admitting authority / University.
12) What is the eligiblity criteria for TANCET ?
A pass in any recognised degree with 10 + 2 + 3 years pattern .
- A pass in any recognised degree with 10 + 3 years diploma + 3 years pattern .
- A pass in all branches of B.E., B.Arch., B.Pharm, B.Tech. Candidates who have passed the qualifying degree course/ appearing for the final semester/ year examination of the said qualifying degree course during April/ May may appear for TANCET.
13) What is the examination pattern of TANCET ?
The duration of Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) test will be of 2 hours.
1. Each section comprises of 20 questions. There will be 5 answer choices.
2. Test paper will consist of 100 objective type questions from 5 sections namely -
- Reading Comprehension
- English Grammar & Usage
- Analysis of Business Situation
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Sufficiency
14) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
15) Will there be any negative marking ?
Yes,there is negative marking of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer or wrong shading.
16) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue ?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
17) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for TANCET MBA ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
18) Are there any breaks during the test ?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
19) When will the TANCET (MBA) results be declared ?
Results will be available on the website First week of JUNE .Please refer official website for final result announcement date.
20) For how long is the TANCET (MBA) score valid ?
The TANCET (MBA) score is valid for just one year.
21) Is TANCET(MBA) result based on ranking or percentile ?
The result is based on ranking.
22) What are the specializations offered at ANNA University in MBA ?
The specializations offered at ANNA University in MBA are:-
- Master of Business Administration ( M.B.A. - (Regular)
- M.B.A . ( Hospitality Management – Self Supporting),
- M.B.A. (Part Time – Self Supporting) Degree Programmes.
23) What is the counselling process for TANCET ?
The counseling for TANCET is likely to be held in July . Applications for participation in counseling must be sent along with all the relevant certificates, counseling fee and scorecard/TANCET scorecard to: The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCET), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. Venue of the counseling will be the university itself.
24) What are the special quotas available for TNEA ?
Know the various categories by which students are admitted through single window counseling in Tamil Nadu. Some of the allotments are Sports quota, Ex-servicemen quota, Differently-abled quota and caste based allotment.
25) Who should submit Nativity Certificate ?
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu having studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std or their equivalent examination in Tamil Nadu need not enclose a Nativity Certificate. However, students having passed any of these classes VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std or their equivalent examination outside Tamil Nadu should enclose a Nativity Certificate. Other state candidates having studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std in Tamil Nadu need not enclose Nativity Certificate, but are eligible for open competition only. (1890).
26) Can I authorize someone else to attend the counselling ?
Due to unforeseen and unavoidable reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counseling on the specified date and time, he/she can authorize his/her parent on his/her behalf and the parent decision will be binding on the candidate.
27) What if I cannot attend the counselling ?
You can authorize your parent to attend the counseling Due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate could not attend the counseling on the specified date and time, he/she can attend on a subsequent time/date, during the counseling period. But the candidate can only opt for the seats available at that time and cannot claim any seat as per original rank.
28) Which colleges are covered under TANCET ?
The top colleges covered under this examination are:
- Government College of Engineering, Chennai (Anna University)
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Government College of Engineering, Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Thirupuror, Kanchipuram
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- A.C. College of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Kanchipuram.
29) Which are the coordinating centres for TANCET ?
Following is the list of coordinating centres for TANCET :
1.Chennai Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai
2.Chidambaram Annamalai University
3.Coimbatore Government College of Technology
4.Dindigul University College of Engineering, Dindigul
5.Erode Institute of Road and Transport Technology
6.Karaikudi Alagappa College of Engineering & Technology
7.Madurai Anna University Regional Centre – Madurai
8. Nagercoil University College of Engineering, Nagercoil
9. Salem Government College of Engineering
10. Thanjavur Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women
11. Tirunelveli Government College of Engineering
12. Tiruchirappalli Anna University Regional Centre – Tiruchirappalli
13. Vellore Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology
14. Villupuram University College of Engineering, Villupuram
15. Virudhunagar Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology.