Apr 01, 2017
Apr 18, 2017
Jun 01, 2017
How to Prepare for U-PAT 2017
Since it is an Architecture exam you need to be creative and artistic. Learn and practice how to sketch a 3D picture on a 2D medium.
An Architect should explore and try to learn from everything. You never know where you can find a beautiful building and at times even an ugly building can be an inspiration. Learn not to make the mistakes that architect made.
If you follow the above rules, road to success is clear for you.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Solve Previous years’ papres
Solving previous years’ papers will provide you the idea of not only the type of questions but also the level of difficulty. This will also give you opportunity to practice a lot.
Get it checked
Seeking help from knowledgeable persons is not a bad idea. Unless someone shows you your weak areas by pointing out the mistakes, practicing will only make you perfect in doing wrong things.
U-PAT 2017 Important Instructions
- On the basis of information in the Application form, admit card of provisionally eligible candidates will be uploaded on the University website .
- Candidates are required to download the admit card accordingly.
- The duly completed downloaded admit card with photograph affixed (duly attested) in the space provided will have to be produced at the allotted test center.
- Candidates without the admit card or card without the photograph will NOT be permitted to take the test.
1) What is the examination for? Who conducts it?
UPES PAT is an entrance examination for engineering courses in University of Petroleum and Energy Studies in Dehradun, Uttarakhand India. UPES is a private university and is well renowned for its research in energy and power sector.
2) How was UPES sponsored ?
UPES is sponsored by Hydrocarbons Education & Research Society (HERS) which is registered under the “Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860” (Registration No. S-41894 of 2002). HERS is a not-for-profit society promoted by a group of prominent professionals from the Industry.
3) How has the University been created? Does it belong to the Uttarakhand State Govt./MoPNG/Oil Companies ?
UPES has been created under an Act of Uttarakhand State Legislature notified vide Government of Uttarakhand Notification No. 830/Higher Education/2003-3(18)/2003 dated September 1, 2003. However, the Governor of Uttarakhand is the Visitor of the University and the Principal Secretary, Higher Education; Govt. of Uttarakhand is the “Representative” of the State Government on various Boards of the university.
4) Where are the forms available?
Forms are available online and at Enrollment offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Dehradun campus and booksellers.
5) .How many exam centers are there for U- PAT?
All over India, there are 41 exam centers.
6) Is application fee refundable?
Application form fee is not refundable.
7) Can we shift the pathway?
No. In some special case, it can be considered.
8) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
9) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
10) Can I change exam centre mentioned in my admit card?
No, the exam centre cannot be changed.
11) I have lost my admit card and the window to download it has closed. From where can I download it now?
Once the portal to download it is closed, candidates will not be able to avail it.
12) What is the eligibility for applying for UPES B.Planning (U-PAT)programs?
Examination Pathway (UPAT):-
- Minimum 50% marks in class X and minimum 50% marks in class XII with Mathematics or Business Mathematics or Statistics as compulsory subject in class XII are eligible for U-PAT (UPES Planning Aptitude Test) – Online Test and admission on Merit Ranking.
Non Exam Pathway (Board Merit / JEE Main / NATA Pathway)BOARD MERIT:
- Minimum 65% marks in class X and minimum XII with Mathematics or Business Mathematics or Statistics as compulsory subject in class XII are eligible for direct Admission.
JEE MAIN / NATA MERIT:
- Minimum 50% marks in class X and minimum XII with Mathematics or Business Mathematics or Statistics as compulsory subject in class XII are eligible followed by valid JEE MAINS / NATA scores. Valid score will be indicated after announcement of JEE / NATA result.
13) If I get my class 12 paper re-checked, will it affect my chances of admission?
No, however after receiving the final marks, you have to be eligible to apply and you must submit your final 12th Std. mark sheet before the Merit List is announced.
14) I have a gap year. Will it affect my chances?
If you can provide valid explanation and proof/s for the gap year/s and if you are meeting the eligibility criteria for the respective program then you might have a chance to get through the admission process.
15) What was the Board merit cut off of last year?
10th & 12th class – 80% or equivalent PCM – 85%.
16) Will I get a bank loan to pursue my education at UPES? Is UPES has any tie-up with nationalized / private bank?
For the convenience and benefit of the prospective students of UPES, a formal tie-up is in place with India leading nationalized bank, State Bank of India & Oriental Bank of Commerce. The student can cover all his/her expenses e.g. Course Fee, Hostel etc., while applying for loan.
17) Are there any RESERVATIONS/ QUOTA of seats for seeking admission at UPES ?
No Reservations/ quota exist for taking admissions to any course at UPES.
18) Will the degree awarded by UPES carry emblem of UGC or any other body?
The degrees awarded by the University do not bear the emblem of either UGC or any other body.
19) Has UPES been approved by AICTE? Is there any such requirement?
Under the AICTE Act and its subsequent Regulations, Universities established under a State or Central Act in accordance with Section 2(f) and 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, do not require AICTE approval. However, the Universities are only required to maintain AICTE norms and standards and require no prior approval of AICTE for starting Technical & Professional courses.
This has also been clarified by the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s judgment in the case of Bharathidasan University v/s AICTE wherein the Court had ruled that:
“it is not mandatory for a University, created under an Act, to seek & secure prior approval of the AICTE to start a department for imparting a course or program in technical education or a technical institution as an adjunct to the University itself to conduct technical courses of its choice & selection. The Bench also said that the definition of technical institution excludes from its purview a university, and when by definition a university is excluded from a technical institution, to interpret that such a clause or such an expression, wherever the expression technical institution occurs, will include a university will be reading into the Act what is not provided therein”.
20) Is the University receiving financial assistance from any other sources?
UPES is a self funded University and does not receive any grant or financial assistance from the Uttarakhand State Government. The University is also not entitled to receive any financial assistance or grants from UGC or any other source funded by the Government of India.
21) What is UPES placement track record? Does a public sector company insist on AICTE approval?
The University has excellent placement track. The campus placements since inception have ranged between 75% to 98.3%. For details, visit http://upes.ac.in/placement.asp As explained under Q1, the Universities do not require AICTE approval for starting technical courses. Generally, the Industry goes by the reputation and credibility of UPES while making campus recruitment.
22) Placements are done only through campus? Do these companies follow their normal recruitment process or have a specially designed format for UPES?
Yes, placements are done through campus recruitment. The recruiting companies for campus placements follow their standard selection procedures.
23) How is the student accommodation in UPES?
UPES has a suburban 30 acre campus which has well maintained hostels providing residence to 1045 students. Facilities like Mess, Reading room and newspapers are provided in the hostels.
24) Is University of Petroleum & Energy Studies approved by UGC?
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is maintained and recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The University Grants Commission (UGC), a statutory body of the Government of India established 1956 through an Act of Parliament, is the highest institution responsible for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India.