Apr 01, 2016
May 21, 2016
Jun 15, 2016
How to Prepare for SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) 2016
Section A: Test of proficiency in English Language. The questions cover grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, relationship between words and phrases and comprehension of passages.
Section B: Test of Numerical Aptitude based on general mathematics, numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra and geometry. This also tests the ability to interpret common graphs charts and tables.
Section C: Speed And Accuracy Of Thinking and decisions making. The test is based on assessment of figures, diagrams, unfamiliar relationships and verbal reasoning.
Section D: Knowledge of current affairs related to trade, industry, economy, sports and culture.
Strategy:The UPMCAT exam’s main objective to test speed and accuracy. Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection is crucial here. Aspirants should focus on core quant topics and theory. Try and finish all the topics in the next two months. Thereafter, do not touch new topics or uncomfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds. Focus on quant syllabus and revise your class IX and X maths.
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation: Number Systems Fraction and Decimals Geometry Ratios and Proportion Percentages In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra Profit and Loss Averages Partnership Time-Speed-Distance Work and time Mensuration Alligation & Mixtures Pipes and Cisterns Simple Interest and Compound Interest Probability Permutations & Combinations Tabulation, Pie chart ,Bar Chart, Line Graph(DI)
Language Comprehension (Verbal ability): Reading Comprehension Para Jumbled Sentence correction paragraph completion Idioms and Phrases Synonyms and Antonyms English Usage Errors English Grammar One Word Substitution Sentence Improvement. Verbal ability section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. There’s no different strategy for VA section. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy for MBA exams while preparing for verbal sections, because all the exams have similar syllabus.
Logical Reasoning: Analytical reasoning Statements Assumptions Non Verbal Tests (Visual reasoning) Analogy Test Inferences Statements and assumptions Statements Arguments Cause and effects Statements and conclusion Ranking Tests Linear arrangements Matrix arrangements Blood relationship test Matrix arrangements Symbol based problems Sequencing, coding and decoding problem Number series Direction and Distance test General Awareness: Current Affairs of National, International, Economic etc. Personalities in News Sports News Trade Awareness (Corporate news) History Culture Geography Economy Politics Indian Constitution Sports Literature Science in everyday life
Verbal ability section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. There’s no different strategy for VA section. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy for MBA exams while preparing for verbal sections, because all the exams have similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics. Except for the section on General Awareness, all the other sections of the UPMCAT exam get well covered with a good preparation for MAT/CAT. However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive. For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources: Also, in the various issues of MBA Education & Careers magazine, focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle (this feature captures important tid-bits). In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK. Go through the GA Note (Study Material) booklet for stock GK (like history and geography). Also use the GAT papers, each with 50 questions. Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions.
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters. Who is who, What is what, Science, scan Human body, Computers, Landmarks of history, The Universe etc.
While preparing for this section, a student should focus on issues related to National & International Events, World Bodies, and Foreign Trade related information. Finally, practicing past years' question papers as well as Mock Tests of various players are perhaps the best source for preparation. It provides opportunity to plug the loopholes in the preparation of the entrance exam and one should give maximum importance to these question papers.
SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) FAQ
1) When will the SRM Entrance Examination for next year admissions be held?
- SRM Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for admission to B.Tech(Biotech) - programs will be held as follows:
- Computer Based Exam: April 1st to 30th April with two sessions per day.
- All candidates have to appear for online entrance exam only.
- Details are already available in our web portal
- Contact: 91 44 27455510, +91 44 47437500, +91 44 27417400, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) When will the application forms be issued?
We have already released advertisement. Candidates can apply online with e-payment or DD payment.
3) How can I reach the SRM University campus?
Click on Visiting SRM, you can find the information at "How to reach SRM University".
4) Can you please guide us to do correction in our entered data?
You have to send us e-mail (email@example.com) with the details of the corrections to be done quoting your application number. We shall effect the corrections and inform you.
5) How can I check my application form status?
Yes, you can check your application form status but for the same you’ll have to enter your login ID and password.
6) What if my Hall Ticket will not be received due to incomplete application form?
SRM University will not be responsible to intimate applicants who have submitted incomplete application form. Students are advised to be assured that all the application form is complete in all respects before posting.
7) What are the details required to check the application status of SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech)?
You have to enter your Login ID and password.
8) Is the SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) application form can be submitted offline?
Yes,you can submitted the offline application.
9) What ID proof should be shown in the SRMEE exam hall (i.e Voter’s ID, Passport, Driving license with photo)?
If you possess a valid admit card with photograph sent by us there is no need for any other ID proof.
10) What is the eligibility for applying for SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) programs?
- For Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses : Minimum 60 % aggregate in PCM / PCB
- For NCR, Delhi campus : Minimum 55 % aggregate in PCM / PCB
- Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation, or NIOS
- International Baccalaureate (IB) A-level with Physics, chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as major subjects in any International schools within India.
Note: Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination in not more than 2 attempts including appearance for improvement will be considered for admission.
11) How much marks should a candidate score in higher secondary examination to get admission in B.Tech(Biotech)?
Eligibility is minimum aggregate of 60% in higher secondary examination. Higher the marks, better are the chances. Refer the website for admission procedure.
12) My son has secured 66% overall in +2 examination but one mark less than 60% in PCM. Is he eligible for admission?
No, he should satisfy the eligibility criteria of minimum aggregate of 60% in PCM / PCB for Kattankulathur campus. However for other three campuses, the eligibility is minimum aggregate of 60% in PCM/ PCB.
13) I have secured an eligible rank in the B.Tech(Biotech) entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 59% in 10+2 / qualifying examination. Can I attend counseling?
No. For admission to B.Tech(Biotech), the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying examination".
14) I am a 2015 passed out student, am I eligible for B.Tech (Biotech) admissions?
15) My son is currently doing his B.Tech 1st year in other University. can I join him in SRM from 2nd year?
Not possible, because our regulations do not have provision for such a migration.
16) Am studying HSC through NIOS, Am I eligible?
Eligible, provided you are a student of Accredited Institution of NIOS.
17) What do I need to carry inside examination hall?
You are allowed to carry only pen or pencil into the exam centre. The entry of mobile phone, cellular phones, pagers, palm tops, blue tooth device or any electronic device is strictly prohibited. You are also required to produce your Hall Ticket and ID proof at the registration desk.
18) How to Check SRMJEEEB.tech-(Biotech) exam result?
Candidates can check their SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) result by visiting official website.
19) Can the counseling date be rescheduled?
20) What is the time duration required to complete counseling?
In the normal course, the counseling may take about 6 hours.
21) Is there any facility for us to stay in the campus when we come for counseling?
No, we don't have any facility. You have to make your own arrangement. However, you can stay at the SRM Hotel (Star Category) near the campus. The contact details are: Ph: 044-27454249, 27453156 Fax : 44 - 27454250, e - mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
22) Should we deposit the original certificates on the day of counseling?
No need to deposit but you have to produce all original certificates for scrutiny by the University.
23) Is SRM arranging for Educational loan through banks?
SRM University plays the role of a facilitator in this aspect. Number of banks will be available in the counseling venue to process loan application and issue on the- spot in – principle sanctioning letter.
24) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
25) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
Candidates must attend the counseling.
26) Can we pay the counseling fee by cash?
No. All the fees have to be paid online or by DD.
27) What about Hostel accommodation?
Hostel accommodation is available. Hostel officials will be available in the counseling venue. You can contact them for all details. Also check the contact page in our website and correspond with the officials .