Oct 02, 2016
Mar 01, 2017
Apr 01, 2017
May 02, 2017
How to Prepare for SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) 2017
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed of and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) 2017 Important Instructions
- Eligibility conditions such as the minimum percentage of marks / CGPA obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination shall be as prescribed by the University from time to time.
- The university reserves the right to add/delete programs depending on the viability to offer the same.
- Accommodation in the University hostels will be subject to availability and allocation will be done only after the payment of full tuition fees and enrollment.
- All disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts at Chennai only.
- All candidates admitted to the University shall maintain good conduct, pay the requisite tuition fees and other charges by the due dates, attend their classes regularly and abide by the rules and regulations of the University. If at any point of time, the conduct and character of a candidate is not satisfactory or is of a suspicious nature, the management reserves the right, without assigning any reason, to make him/her vacate the hostel or expel him/her from the University.
- Ragging juniors in any form are forbidden. If anyone is found ragging his / her juniors, he/she can be rusticated from the University.
Entrance Examination Rules:
- You are going to take a computer based online test at a workstation.
- You are requested to be present in the Test Centre 30 minutes before the starting time of the Test as specified in the admit card.
- Do not carry any of your belongings inside the exam center including mobile phone, cellular phones, pagers, palm tops, blue tooth devices, or any electronic device which has the potential of misuse in cheating or unauthorized communication during the examination.
- You are required to produce your Hall Ticket and ID proof (which bears your photography and date of birth) at the registration desk without which entry will not be allowed.
- At the registration desk, your identity is verified, Hall Ticket scanned, the photograph captured and you are assigned to a computer.
- For working purpose, a rough sheet will be provided at the workstation. All rough work will need to be done in this paper sheet and no additional material will be given for rough work.
- The administrator is authorized to dismiss you from the rest session for any of the following reasons:
- Creating disturbance
- Attempting to take the test on behalf of someone else
- Talking to other examinees
- Attempting to tamper with the computer system - either hardware or software
- If found with calculators, slide rules, pagers, cell phones, concealed microphones, wireless devices or any other material that may aid in answering questions
- In addition, specific instructions mentioned by invigilators to be followed during the entrance examination.
SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) FAQ
1) When will the SRM Entrance Examination for next year admissions be held?
- SRM Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) for admission to B.Tech(Biotech) - programs will be held as follows:
- Computer Based Exam: April 1st to 30th April with two sessions per day.
- All candidates have to appear for online entrance exam only.
- Details are already available in our web portal
- Contact: 91 44 27455510, +91 44 47437500, +91 44 27417400, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) When will the application forms be issued?
We have already released advertisement. Candidates can apply online with e-payment or DD payment.
3) How can I reach the SRM University campus?
Click on Visiting SRM, you can find the information at "How to reach SRM University".
4) Can you please guide us to do correction in our entered data?
You have to send us e-mail (email@example.com) with the details of the corrections to be done quoting your application number. We shall effect the corrections and inform you.
5) How can I check my application form status?
Yes, you can check your application form status but for the same you’ll have to enter your login ID and password.
6) What if my Hall Ticket will not be received due to incomplete application form?
SRM University will not be responsible to intimate applicants who have submitted incomplete application form. Students are advised to be assured that all the application form is complete in all respects before posting.
7) What are the details required to check the application status of SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech)?
You have to enter your Login ID and password.
8) Is the SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) application form can be submitted offline?
Yes,you can submitted the offline application.
9) What ID proof should be shown in the SRMEE exam hall (i.e Voter’s ID, Passport, Driving license with photo)?
If you possess a valid admit card with photograph sent by us there is no need for any other ID proof.
10) What is the eligibility for applying for SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) programs?
- For Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses : Minimum 60 % aggregate in PCM / PCB
- For NCR, Delhi campus : Minimum 55 % aggregate in PCM / PCB
- Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern ) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE, Matriculation, or NIOS
- International Baccalaureate (IB) A-level with Physics, chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as major subjects in any International schools within India.
Note: Only those Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination in not more than 2 attempts including appearance for improvement will be considered for admission.
11) How much marks should a candidate score in higher secondary examination to get admission in B.Tech(Biotech)?
Eligibility is minimum aggregate of 60% in higher secondary examination. Higher the marks, better are the chances. Refer the website for admission procedure.
12) My son has secured 66% overall in +2 examination but one mark less than 60% in PCM. Is he eligible for admission?
No, he should satisfy the eligibility criteria of minimum aggregate of 60% in PCM / PCB for Kattankulathur campus. However for other three campuses, the eligibility is minimum aggregate of 60% in PCM/ PCB.
13) I have secured an eligible rank in the B.Tech(Biotech) entrance examination. My aggregate percentage is 59% in 10+2 / qualifying examination. Can I attend counseling?
No. For admission to B.Tech(Biotech), the eligibility is "minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying examination".
14) I am a 2015 passed out student, am I eligible for B.Tech (Biotech) admissions?
15) My son is currently doing his B.Tech 1st year in other University. can I join him in SRM from 2nd year?
Not possible, because our regulations do not have provision for such a migration.
16) Am studying HSC through NIOS, Am I eligible?
Eligible, provided you are a student of Accredited Institution of NIOS.
17) What do I need to carry inside examination hall?
You are allowed to carry only pen or pencil into the exam centre. The entry of mobile phone, cellular phones, pagers, palm tops, blue tooth device or any electronic device is strictly prohibited. You are also required to produce your Hall Ticket and ID proof at the registration desk.
18) How to Check SRMJEEEB.tech-(Biotech) exam result?
Candidates can check their SRMJEEE B.tech-(Biotech) result by visiting official website.
19) Can the counseling date be rescheduled?
20) What is the time duration required to complete counseling?
In the normal course, the counseling may take about 6 hours.
21) Is there any facility for us to stay in the campus when we come for counseling?
No, we don't have any facility. You have to make your own arrangement. However, you can stay at the SRM Hotel (Star Category) near the campus. The contact details are: Ph: 044-27454249, 27453156 Fax : 44 - 27454250, e - mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
22) Should we deposit the original certificates on the day of counseling?
No need to deposit but you have to produce all original certificates for scrutiny by the University.
23) Is SRM arranging for Educational loan through banks?
SRM University plays the role of a facilitator in this aspect. Number of banks will be available in the counseling venue to process loan application and issue on the- spot in – principle sanctioning letter.
24) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
25) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
Candidates must attend the counseling.
26) Can we pay the counseling fee by cash?
No. All the fees have to be paid online or by DD.
27) What about Hostel accommodation?
Hostel accommodation is available. Hostel officials will be available in the counseling venue. You can contact them for all details. Also check the contact page in our website and correspond with the officials .