Feb 28, 2016
May 29, 2016
Jun 05, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
How to Prepare for VITMEE - M.Tech 2016
Syllabus For Entrance Examination according to respected branch which is-
Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing
Computer Science and Engineering
Energy and Environmental Engineering
Information Technology [Networking]
Power Electronics and Drives
Sensor System Technology
VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integrated Circuits Design)
NOTE: For detail syllabus refer official brochure.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII basic concepts
Make sure that you revise the basic concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
VITMEE - M.Tech 2016 Important Instructions
VITMEE - M.Tech FAQ
1) What is VITMEE ?
- VITMEE is a computer based online examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) in all over India and also in abroad.
- VITMEE Exam is for the candidates, seeking admission in various postgraduate Engineering courses at VIT campus.
2) What is the examination for? Who conducts it?
VITMEE is an entrance examination for M.Tech PG course in VIT University. It is a private university and is responsible for the conduction of examination and result generation.
3) How do I get to the University? How far is it from the railway station?
VIT is located on the main road from Tiruvalam to Katpadi. VIT is about 140kms from Chennai. By rail you can reach VIT by arriving at Katpadi railway junction. VIT University is just 2 kms from the Katpadi Railway Station (You can hire autos to reach easily).
4) Is there any need to send the documents to the University address?
No,there not need to send the documents to the University address.
5) In which specification photograph and signature will be required?
Scanned copy of photograph with file size between 20 KB to 300 KB in .jpg/.jpeg format (dimension 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm). Scanned copy of signature with file size between 10 KB to 200 KB in .jpg/.jpeg format (dimension 6 cm X 2 cm).
6) How will I know if my application is received at VIT?
- For the benefit of the candidates, the following arrangements have been made to enable the students to know the status of the application.
- Once the application is received at VIT, a message will be sent by SMS to the candidate stating that the application has been received at VIT. This would however be possible only if the mobile number is correctly shaded in the application form. The candidates may also track the status of their application by typing their application number in the VIT website. However, this feature can be availed of only after about 2 weeks of dispatch of the application.
7) After applying can I request for change of centre?
Once the centre is allotted, the change of centre will not be entertained, under any circumstances.
8) .How can I make correction on the VITMEE online application form after generation of the application number?
You cannot make any correction on the existing application form after generation of the application number. You may have to open and enter a fresh application form with correct details ignoring the previous application. The application form that is received with the DD will only be considered and the datas of the same will be utilized for generating the Admit Card. Therefore make sure that the online application form contains the correct details before giving the submit option and sent it along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
9) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITMEE offline application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- You have read the instructions carefully.
- You have to use black ball-point pen to enter the codes in the boxes and pencil to shade the alphabet / numeral / circle as indicated.
- You have to affix a good quality recent, colour photograph in the space provided.
- You should NOT attest the Photograph.
- You have to clearly and legibly write your complete postal address to which the communication is to be sent.
- You have to enter your correct PINCODE.
- You have to indicate your correct STD code and Phone No. / Mobile No.
- You have to mention your correct e-mail address.
- You have to sign in the space provided below the photograph and in the declaration form.
- Your parent / guardian has to sign the declaration form.
- You should not use any pins or stapler in your application.
- You have to clearly indicate whether you require hostel accommodation or not.
- You have to enter the correct Test City Code on the envelope provided.
- You have to retain a photocopy of your application.
10) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the VITMEE online application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the ‘Submit & Proceed to Printing‘ Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- The application form to be sent along with the DD of Rs. 970/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore for Indian candidates (or 50 USD for NRI candidates).
- The application form has to be sent to the address of Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632014, Tamil Nadu, India
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
11) What should I do if I do not receive the VITMEE admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet VIT Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
12) What is the eligibility criterion?
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates must have had a consistent record in Class X and Class XII.
- Candidates should have completed their B.E/B.Tech in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates appearing for their final degree exam / final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply provided they complete and submit their degree by August 15.
13) .I am appearing final year B.Tech in CSE. Can I apply for the exam?
Yes, you can.
14) I am a GATE qualifier? Can I get any advantage of it during the admission process?
Yes,you can get advantage of during the admission process.
15) Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D. after studying a Masters Programme from VIT ?
Yes, you are eligible to pursue Ph.D. after studying a Masters Programme in VIT .
16) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
17) I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo VIT M.Tech?
Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for VIT admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
18) I am holding Bachelor of Information technology/science. Am I eligible.
Yes, you are eligible. Kindly check the eilgibility criteria on website.
19) .Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
20) .How are the marks awarded in VITMEE ?
No negative marks for wrong answers.
21) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
The merit list will be prepared purely based on the marks scored by the candidates in VITMEE.
22) .In which format will VITMEE score be declared?
VITMEE Score will be declared as a Ranking to all candidates .
23) What are the M.tech programmes offered at Vellore Institute of Technology?
Programme offered at VIT Vellore campus :-
- M.Tech. Computer Science & Engg
- M. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cloud Computing
- M. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Big Data Analytics
- M.Tech. Biotechnology
- M.Tech. Biomedical Engineering
- M.Tech - Energy and Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech - Structural Engineering
- M.Tech - Automotive Engineering - in collaboration with ARAI, Pune
- M.Tech - CAD / CAM
- M.Tech - Mechatronics
- M.Tech - Manufacturing Engineering
- M.Tech. Power Electronics and Drives
- M.Tech. Control and Automation
- M.Tech. Automotive Electronics in collaboration with TIFAC-CORE industry partners
- M.Tech. Nanotechnology
- M.Tech. Communication Engineering
- M.Tech. Sensor System Technology
- M.Tech. VLSI Design
- M.Tech. Embedded Systems
- M.Tech. IT - Networking
- M.Tech. Computer and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering (Information Security)
- M.Tech. Software Engineering (Integrated).
24) May I know about the hostel accommodation and the facilities available in the campus?
We have separate hostels for both boys and girls inside the campus. For hostel fee details you can refer the information brochure. The other facilities like, Banks/ ATM, Post Office, Cafeteria and Departmental Stores etc., all are also available inside the campus.
25) Can parents attend the counselling instead of the candidate?
For M.Tech Programme, it is mandatory that the candidate attends the counselling. However, if the candidate is unable to attend due to some genuine reason, we can permit parents to represent the candidate. In such a case, the candidate should give an authorization letter in favour of his/her parents. The decision taken by the parents is final and binding.
26) Under the Nativity state what should i fill?
Under the nativity state kindly mention the place where you have born. The candidates hailing from north-eastern states may have to produce the Nativity certificate at the time of counseling.
27) How is the student accommodation in VIT?
VIT, Vellore can be credited with having one of the best, if not the best infrastructure and facilities available amongst engineering colleges. Strict rules are followed in hostels and there is a time deadline. There are 13 boys’ hostels providing accommodation to 7000 students and there are 4 girls’ hostels providing accommodation to 3200 students. A gym, a swimming pool as well as paid Air-conditioning facilities are available in the hostels.
28) How are the placements in VIT?
At last, we come to perhaps what is the most important question of them all. VIT University, because of being a reputed private university is known for good placements. The university was credited for 3042 undergraduate placements in 2013-14 batch.
A total of 248 companies attended the university for on campus placements. Major recruiters include Accenture, Cognizent, Wipro and Infosys.
29) Is the university for the M.Tech Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE?
VIT University or VIT, formerly called Vellore Engineering College, is an Indian institute of higher education and a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act. Founded in 1984, as Vellore Engineering College, by G. Viswanathan, the institution offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate, four integrated and four research programs. It has campuses in Vellore and Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
30) What are the important documents need to be submitted at the time of COUNSELLING - CUM - ADMISSION?
The Candidate shall produce the following documents in original for verification, along with one-set of photocopies
while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the interview without these docu-
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final / final year as applicable
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied (If already received)
- Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M.Tech. (if applicable)
- Service Certificate/ No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer. (For sponsored candidates for M.Tech. Pro-grammes only)
- Community Certificate (for all categories except OC/ General).
- DEMAND DRAFT for Rs. 10,000, drawn in favour o f “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.