Feb 14, 2016
May 15, 2016
May 29, 2016
How to Prepare for VMU EEEVMU CEE 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
VMU EEEVMU CEE 2016 Important Instructions
VMU EEEVMU CEE FAQ
1) What is the examination for? Who conducts it?
VMU AICEE is a reputed engineering examination in South India for registration in M.Tech. degree and as the name suggests, is conducted by Vinayaka Missions University. The university is responsible for conduction of exam and declaration of results.
2) Is it a state-level exam or an All-India level exam?
It is an All-India level exam.
3) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
VMU AICEE covers 2 campuses for admissions in various streams available in the colleges:
- Vinayaka Missions Engineering College, Salem,
- Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology, Chennai.
4) What is the admission procedure?
Candidates who are interested in pursuing Engineering studies can either download the Application Form from the website or approach the Admission Cell at the Corporate Office at the following address to enquire about the various courses.
5) What all documents are to be enclosed with the application form?
The filled-in application should be accompanied by the following documents :
- An attested photocopy of X pass/ Matriculation/ Secondary School Certificate issued by the Board of Examination.
- An attested photocopy of the Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination
- Transfer Certificate from the institute last studied in/ Migration Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Three passport-size photographs
- Any other documents required by the University.
6) What documents should foreign students enclose?
- No Objection Certificate from the Government of India (issued by Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi)
- No Objection Certificate issued by the Ambassador of the country where the candidate hails from or the competent authority empowered to grant permission to stay and pursue education in India
- Eligibility Certificate from the University
- Appropriate Student Visa.
- All relevant travel documents inclusive of passport
- Necessary Health Certificate and Vaccination Certificate.
7) In whose favour is the DD to be made?
The DD is to be made in favour of “Vinayaka Missions University” payable at Chennai / Salem.
8) Where is the application form to be sent?
The application form is to be sent to:
The Admission Officer
VINAYAKA MISSIONS UNIVERSITY
15, Bank Street, Off New Avadi Road,
Kilpauk, Chennai 600 010, Tamilnadu.
Phone : +91 44 42989000 / 9006
VINAYAKA MISSIONS UNIVERSITY
Sankari Main, Road (NH-47)
Ariyanoor, Salem – 636 308, Tamilnadu
Phone : +91 0427 – 3987000, 2477316 / 317.
9) What is the eligibility criteria?
A pass in Bachelor's Degree programme or its equivalent in a branch approved as .) :relevant to the area of specialization. Candidates appearing for Final Examination in March / April can also apply.
10) Can the candidate apply for M. Tech. programme at VMU if he/she has appeared for the final semester qualifying examination but the result has not been declared yet?
Yes, he/she can apply for M. Tech. programme at VMU. The result for final Semester is required to be submitted at VMU till 3rd July. Failing to do so, the admission is liable to be cancelled. However, such candidate has to produce a proof stating that he/she has already appeared for the final semester qualifying Examination.
11) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
12) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
13) Any evening batch for this M.Tech courses are available?
No,there are no evening batch for this M.Tech courses.
14) I have a consolidated 55% marks in my B.Tech/ or B.Pharm/ or MBBS/ or BDS degree. Whether I am eligible to apply for M.Tech course?
Yes. Students should get minimum of 50% marks (consolidated) during their degree program.
15) What should be the age limit of the candidate?
Candidate should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
16) What is the validity of VMU AICEE(ME /M.Tech) score?
Validity of the score for 1 year.
17) What is the generalised selection procedure?
- VMU AICEE ME /M.Tech is a procedure for enrolling in Vinayaka Missions University and Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology, Chennai for M.Tech/M.E.
- Last date of filling application form is generally around First week of May and the examination is conducted generally by Second week of May.
- In around 3 weeks the results are declared following which students have to attend counselling and based on merit in VMU AICEE ME /M.Tech seats are allotted.
18) If a candidate gets selected in more than one Institute or in more than one department, does the candidate have the choice to choose the department after the interview?
No such choice is provided to the candidate after the interview.
19) Is it possible to change the order of preference after the Interview?
It is not possible at all to change the order of preference after the interview. After Final Print out of the application it is not possible to change the preference.
20) What are the branches/ courses offered in Vinayaka Missions University?
Here is a list of courses offered in VMU:
- ME (Applied Electronics)
- ME (VLSI Design)
- ME (Computer Science and Engineering)
- ME (Power Electronics and Drives)
- ME (Manufacturing Engineering)
- ME (Environmental Engineering)
- ME (Structural Engineering)
- ME (Power Systems Engineering)
- ME (Irrigation, Water Management & Resources Engg)
- ME (Construction Engineering and Management)
- ME (Embedded System Technology)
- M.Tech (Information Technology)
- M.Tech (Bio-Technology)
- M.E (Bio-Medical Engineering)
- M.Tech Bio Refinery & Process Optimization
- M.Tech Design & Solid Waste Engineering
- M.Tech Applied Biomedical Engineering
- M.Tech Computer Forensic & IT Securities
- M.E (Thermal Engineering)
- M.E (CAD)
- M.E (Control and Instrumental Engineering)
- M.Tech Consumer Information Technology.
21) What are the documents to be submitted at the time of Admission?
All the Relevant Previous Qualification Documents True Copies are to be submitted along with 4 passport size photographs and a filled-in Admission Form.
22) Are there any scholarships provided under VMU for engineering students?
There are many scholarships kept for students of VMU:
1. Students having secured Top 100 ranks in State in CBSE and State boards and top 10 District toppers from Tamil Nadu are given 100% waiver of their tuition and hostel fee for 4 years.
2. Students having 85% or more marks in 12th boards in PCM or aggregate are given 50% waiver in 1st year’s admission fees.
3. National level sports players are given 100% waiver in 1st year’s tuition fees and state level players are given 50% waiver in 1st year’s tuition fees.
23) Is VINAYAKA MISSIONS UNIVERSITY a U.G.C. Government Recognized University?
Yes, VINAYAKA MISSIONS UNIVERSITY is a Government of India Recognized University. VINAYAKA MISSIONS UNIVERSITY was accorded the Deemed University status in the year 2001, by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt of India with the recommendation of U.G.C. (established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956). The University is the 48th University in India.
24) .Is VINAYAKA MISSIONS UNIVERSITY DEGREE valid for Government Jobs?
Yes, Vinayaka Missions University degree /diploma /certificates are eligible for Government & private sector employment and Service Promotions.
All the degrees /diplomas awarded through by the Universities established by Act of Parliament or State Legislation, Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and institutions of National importance declared under an Act of the Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment under the central government.
25) Does the University provide Study Material?
Yes, the Study Material is provided to the students subject to the availability.